Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Its Friday 13th and Texas top QB 2006 will annouce today @ 2:00 (cst)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, May 13, 2005, 12:53:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Boner

Stafford is signed, sealed, and delivered to Georgia.

This could affect Mustain in one of two ways.  It could make him want to go there because he will now obviously be the man there.  Or it could make him wonder why the top 2 QB's in the state of Texas didn't even consider UT.

hogsanity

Quote from: Boner on May 13, 2005, 12:57:02 pm

This could affect Mustain in one of two ways. It could make him want to go there because he will now obviously be the man there. Or it could make him wonder why the top 2 QB's in the state of Texas didn't even consider UT.

Wait a minute.  You mean that the top 2 qb's in The state of Texas are leaving the state to go elsewhere?  Kids actually dont always go to their in state school?  Coaches of BCS teams dont land every player they recruit?  Why to hear tell, Nutt is the only coach ever to possibly lose a in sate QB to another school.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Theolesnort

Congrads son you are now a hogvillian Now as for hogsanity he is either young or he is not aware of what is going on up on the hill. Maybe you should draw the picture.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

hogsanity

Quote from: razorback4life on May 13, 2005, 01:28:26 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on May 13, 2005, 01:18:29 pm
Quote from: Boner on May 13, 2005, 12:57:02 pm

This could affect Mustain in one of two ways. It could make him want to go there because he will now obviously be the man there. Or it could make him wonder why the top 2 QB's in the state of Texas didn't even consider UT.

Wait a minute. You mean that the top 2 qb's in The state of Texas are leaving the state to go elsewhere? Kids actually dont always go to their in state school? Coaches of BCS teams dont land every player they recruit? Why to hear tell, Nutt is the only coach ever to possibly lose a in sate QB to another school.

When you have as much talent in a state like Texas you can afford to loose out on some recruits. With the talent base out of Arkansas its very hard to loose recruits and have a decent class. Can you understand that or do I need to draw you a picture? ::)

No, I have been saying that for weeks.  My point is, in this htread, that NO ONE GETS EVERY IN STATE RECRUIT.  The talent pool is a whole other issue, and is one that whoever is the coach, will be hard to overcome. 

Texas can count on filling 15 scholarships a year, at least, with TOP LEVEL in state players, AR will never get more than 5 TOP LEVEL recruits in AR each year, and thats if they land them all.  Ar may put 15-20 kids in D1 every year ( although that sounds high ) but how many of those are SEC caliber players. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Theolesnort on May 13, 2005, 01:40:57 pm
Congrads son you are now a hogvillian Now as for hogsanity he is either young or he is not aware of what is going on up on the hill. Maybe you should draw the picture.

What is going on up on the hill is exactly what I thought would go on in FB the day they announced we would be moving to the SEC.  We have to rely on getting talent out of the other SEC states and TX to make a team because there are so few TOP recruits in AR that even if the coach landed every single one it wouldnt be enough.  And, why on earth would the top WR or the top QB or the TOp anything in FL, GA, LA or any other state want to come here when they will no doubt be offered by every other school within a 1500 mile radius. 

We got by in the SWC because year in and year out it was a 2 team league. Ar and usually TX or AM ( except the 3 years SMU fielded the best team $$ could buy ). 

So the coaches since the move have had to choose.  Do we go into the states and chase the best or do we target kids that the other schools are only showing a passing interest in and try to get them.  They have tried it both ways, and neither have been overly successful.  THis year in Ar is an anomoly, where 1 HS has 5 d1 prospects, but trying to build a top 15 program every year from Ar kids alone will never ever happen.

BTW, Im 35, but unlike most of the paranoid conspiracy theorists here, I dont see JFB in a black helicopter every where I look.

junkyardhog

When you have as much talent in a state like Texas you can afford to loose out on some recruits. With the talent base out of Arkansas its very hard to loose recruits and have a decent class. Can you understand that or do I need to draw you a picture? ::)

Not just ANY two recruits, apparently the two BEST recruits!! There is a difference there Sherlock, but you may draw ME a picture!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

The_Bionic_Pig

the University of Georgia.  Texas will now go all out on Mitch Mustain with everything they have at their disposal!!!!  :o
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Theolesnort

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 13, 2005, 02:11:40 pm
the University of Georgia. Texas will now go all out on Mitch Mustain with everything they have at their disposal!!!! :o
Well that is just plum peachie. >:(
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Theolesnort

Quote from: razorback4life on May 13, 2005, 02:02:54 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on May 13, 2005, 01:49:15 pm
Quote from: Theolesnort on May 13, 2005, 01:40:57 pm
BTW, Im 35, but unlike most of the paranoid conspiracy theorists here, I dont see JFB in a black helicopter every where I look.

I see, so you dont see see him everywhere but you do see him. I understand now. BTW, I got your picture for you.
Here it is:

http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/fool.htm

;D ;D ;D
The pic was a little to strong. Lighten up after all this is a kinder gentler board

junkyardhog

Quote from: razorback4life on May 13, 2005, 02:10:04 pm
Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 02:03:32 pm

Not just ANY two recruits, apparently the two BEST recruits!! There is a difference there Sherlock, but you may draw ME a picture!!

Do you want your very own picture or will the one I used for hogsanity be sufficient for you junkyardhog? ;D

That one was quite entertaining :)

[attachment deleted by admin]