Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Assistant coaches changes in the air

Started by JIHawg, May 12, 2005, 10:42:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

After next season, this isn't really suprising, but there are enough rumblings among the connected and the not so connected such that there apparantly is something to it.  On the offensive side, look for 1 or 2 coaches to leave.  Nutt seems determined to make a place for Gus M. 

The big question-how will this look if the Hogs sign 4 or 5 of his players?  Evidently, nobody cares. 

tophawg19

if nutt has a decent season this could be enough .if the team doesn't play well nutt is gone unless by some chance he works out a deal to be A.D  that's aboput the only way i can see this playing out .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

junkyardhog

So, he is wrong if he doesn't and wrong if he does? I don't get some people. :-\

If Nutt were able to darn golden eggs, some would beech because they stunk.

idochog

Changes that Broyles told him needed to be made last year........................

I love Jesus!

idochog

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 12, 2005, 10:49:41 pm
So, he is wrong if he doesn't and wrong if he does? I don't get some people. :-\

If Nutt were able to Shiite golden eggs, some would beech because they stunk.

At this point in the game, most of us doing the griping just want him to win.  Im not rooting for him to lose, but I am rooting for him to win NOW or be gone.  Im tired of the rah-rah with no "W's" to go along with it.
I love Jesus!

tophawg19

if your happy with 5/6 or 6/5 fine hell you might get a 7/4 someday . but i don't want a coach who
can't recruit , doesn't have sense enough to get a qb ready to play when he knew MJwas leaving .
doesn't put any emphasis on special teams , and will not hire a O.C when he can clearly see the better programs have them . he is taking time away from the overall program to be the OC . so all that aside i guess he is a pretty good guy but i perfer a coach who can win big games consistently .
and who knows what the top 25 is .

idochog

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 12, 2005, 11:00:54 pm
if your happy with 5/6 or 6/5 fine hell you might get a 7/4 someday . but i don't want a coach who
can't recruit , doesn't have sense enough to get a qb ready to play when he knew MJwas leaving .
doesn't put any emphasis on special teams , and will not hire a O.C when he can clearly see the better programs have them . he is taking time away from the overall program to be the OC . so all that aside i guess he is a pretty good guy but i perfer a coach who can win big games consistently .

Sadly, You already got several media guys stating they dont think HDN would be gone w/ another 5-6 season.  But worst of all is trying to hear them justify why he should stay.
I love Jesus!

junkyardhog

Quote from: idochog on May 12, 2005, 10:57:09 pm
Quote from: junkyardhog on May 12, 2005, 10:49:41 pm

If Nutt were able to Shiite golden eggs, some would beech because they stunk.

At this point in the game, most of us doing the griping just want him to win. Im not rooting for him to lose, but I am rooting for him to win NOW or be gone. Im tired of the rah-rah with no "W's" to go along with it.

I will say I agree with this post, idochog!  I just can't stand people who WISH him to lose no matter what.  I am ready for the winning to begin and begin NOW!!

junkyardhog

Quote from: idochog on May 12, 2005, 11:06:22 pm

Sadly, You already got several media guys stating they dont think HDN would be gone w/ another 5-6 season. But worst of all is trying to hear them justify why he should stay.

Yes, you are right. Nutt will NOT be gone even with a 5 win season. But there are reasons behind that! Those reasons are far beyond just 1 or 2 upcoming seasons ;)

Trust me on this, ANYONE who says Nutt will be gone from the UA after a 6 loss season next year, has no idea what they are talking about.  The next couple of seasons are about politics gentleman, not winning and losing.

In this case, the ends do justify the means.

3kgthog

If Nutt could crap golden eggs then I suspect Willy Wonka is freakin' pissed since he now has competition for his golden geese.

PerryHog

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 12, 2005, 11:19:19 pm

Sadly, You already got several media guys stating they dont think HDN would be gone w/ another 5-6 season. But worst of all is trying to hear them justify why he should stay.

Yes, you are right. Nutt will NOT be gone even with a 5 win season. But there are reasons behind that! Those reasons are far beyond just 1 or 2 upcoming seasons ;)

Trust me on this, ANYONE who says Nutt will be gone from the UA after a 6 loss season next year, has no idea what they are talking about.  The next couple of seasons are about politics gentleman, not winning and losing.

If nutt's still here after going 5-6 this year, I'll......... Well, sure will be some interesting posts here at Hogville this time next year.

Born

Junkyardhog..

any insight on those politics?

I assume it's a combination of Central Ark support for Nutt/Great Stadium Debate Redux/John White intermingling/Power Play on the BOT.

My question is then.. what is the threshold for a Nutt firing?  7 losses.. 8 losses.. no wins?  Could Nutt go with 7 losses in SEC play and still keep his job?

Born

jap66

Quote from: JIHawg on May 12, 2005, 10:42:32 pm
After next season, this isn't really suprising, but there are enough rumblings among the connected and the not so connected such that there apparantly is something to it. On the offensive side, look for 1 or 2 coaches to leave. Nutt seems determined to make a place for Gus M.

The big question-how will this look if the Hogs sign 4 or 5 of his players? Evidently, nobody cares.

Just what we need.
Good Grief.
If this is true, history says that Lame Ducks in any walk of life are not likely to be 100% dedicated to the job.

junkyardhog

Junkyardhog..

any insight on those politics?

I assume it's a combination of Central Ark support for Nutt/Great Stadium Debate Redux/John White intermingling/Power Play on the BOT.

My question is then.. what is the threshold for a Nutt firing? 7 losses.. 8 losses.. no wins? Could Nutt go with 7 losses in SEC play and still keep his job?

Born

What Nutt is doing right now is 'shoring' up his career.  Notice, I said he will not leave the UA, I didn't say anything about being coach. If Nutt were to only win 5 games, it would put extreme pressure on the powers that be to make a move sooner than later.

I believe the BOT/Lindsey/White all know that with ONE personnel move (technically 3), they will all be on the same page and things will be happy on the hill again.  I am sure they are all asking the same question "Is the University of Arkansas ready to make that decision?"

You mentioned the stadium issue, so I will comment on it.  I love LR games. I would like for the UAF to move to LR.  But I see the handwriting on the wall. When this contract is up, LR is over and I think that is why HDN hasn't come public on that issue.  WMS is falling apart guys and in 7 more years, it may not even be safe.

tophawg19

if you are talking about nutt for AD it's possible . he would be a good one he can sell the program
much like broyles did . he is a good PR. man . 3 moves ? nutt to AD , B.Davis to H.C & hire an OC ?

PennHOG

I'm just not sold on the Butch Davis route.  But I agree Nutt would make a decent AD.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Swino

May 13, 2005, 10:47:05 am #16 Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 10:48:50 am by Swino
I look for as many as 5 coaches to be replaced after this year, including the OC.

tophawg19

who was his assistants at MIAMI .what good assistants does he ties to that might come .what other
coches are out there that might be intrested .

Oklahawg

HDN has consistently exceeded "experts" opinion on where we'd finish in terms of wins/losses and placement in the SEC West. What will they predict this year? Two rent-a-wins, Vandy and maybe one other victory? HDN getting to a bowl game will be hailed as a major achievement and we might well join in that chorus. The critical thing isn't getting 6 victories and to a bowl game. The critical thing is getting that done without being absent from the recruiting trail or getting waxed in a couple of the losses. HDN has proven that he can recruit under similar circumstances with a less able crew than he has now--witness 2004, when we were headed towards a bad two-year cycle (HDN said so on national TV, in front of god and recruits).

I was convinced that we'd have a purge of one assistant after February's signing day. I wonder if we have someone going into high school coaching (again, uh-huh, Coach Ealy?). This isn't the time of year that you typically fire or get hired in the college ranks. I can't see an offensive coach leaving for the pros, and certainly not one that would be ably replaced by Malzahn.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hoggimistic

May 13, 2005, 12:07:23 pm #19 Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 12:19:51 pm by Hoggimistic
doesn't have sense enough to get a qb ready to play when he knew MJwas leaving .

So you think he should have conceded the season and just prepared another QB instead of play the best?

junkyardhog

Quote from: Hoggimistic on May 13, 2005, 12:07:23 pm
doesn't have sense enough to get a qb ready to play when he knew MJwas leaving .

So you think he should have conceded the season and just prepared another QB instead of play the best?

Yes! He already had a 'bye' year and the only we got out of playing MJ was 5 wins.  I would have taken 5 wins or even 4 with Robert Johnson. He would have been ready to get us back this season.

Boner

I'm against anything that runs Frank out of town.

And let's just say Nutt does become AD and tries to hire Butch.  Davis would never do that because Nutt would make him keep all the assistants currently on the staff.  Otherwise, if Nutt becomes AD and hires a coach who brings in his own assistants, he would essentially be firing his entire staff, brother included.  That means Nutt will hire some chump that will have to agree to keep all Nutt's assistants and he'll never do any better than Nutt has.

Man, it will be a sad day if that happens.

junkyardhog

Quote from: Boner on May 13, 2005, 12:39:57 pm
I'm against anything that runs Frank out of town.

And let's just say Nutt does become AD and tries to hire Butch. Davis would never do that because Nutt would make him keep all the assistants currently on the staff. Otherwise, if Nutt becomes AD and hires a coach who brings in his own assistants, he would essentially be firing his entire staff, brother included. That means Nutt will hire some chump that will have to agree to keep all Nutt's assistants and he'll never do any better than Nutt has.

Man, it will be a sad day if that happens.

You are confusing HDN's managing style with JFB's.  I am quite sure that HDN will let the new coach (if proven) hire who he wants.  As to HDN's brother; Don't you think he will go to the front office with him ;)

swinemaster

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 12:34:25 pm
Quote from: Hoggimistic on May 13, 2005, 12:07:23 pm

Yes! He already had a 'bye' year and the only we got out of playing MJ was 5 wins. I would have taken 5 wins or even 4 with Robert Johnson. He would have been ready to get us back this season.

Come on Dude, wake up.  Texas, So. Carolina, Florida and Georgia were all close games because of MJ.  We owed it to him to give him every oppurtunity.  Your mindset is horseshit.

junkyardhog

Come on Dude, wake up. Texas, So. Carolina, Florida and Georgia were all close games because of MJ. We owed it to him to give him every oppurtunity. Your mindset is horseshit.

How many of those were wins? Just wondering.

swinemaster

When your QB has you in a game with a chance to win in the 4th qtr. against 2 top 10 teams it is not a bye year(whatever that means).  We were playing to win. DUMAS

Hoggimistic

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 12:54:53 pm

Come on Dude, wake up. Texas, So. Carolina, Florida and Georgia were all close games because of MJ. We owed it to him to give him every opportunity. Your mindset is horseshit.

How many of those were wins? Just wondering.

Junkyard, not too sure it would look good on any coach who gave up on his team to "prepare" for the next year. 

What would he tell recruits, or his boss for that fact.  Ah, don't worry about our record, or the fact that we didn't play our best people.  At least our QB will have some experience next year. Yeah, I know that I didn't play my only returning starter at QB, but I figured we might as well have freshman QBs too, so everybody out there would not know what to do.  Oh, don't worry, if you sign with us, I won't bench you for someone who is not even as good as you.  You should sign with us, even if your not ready, I'll put you in, just to give you experience.  ;)

PennHOG

Quote from: swinemaster on May 13, 2005, 01:18:37 pm
We were playing to win. DUMAS

What?  We are playing to win in Dumas, Arkansas?  :D :D
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Hoggimistic

May 13, 2005, 01:28:39 pm #28 Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 01:30:43 pm by Hoggimistic
And he'd tell the fans,

I know you bought season tickets and you want to see a competitive game, but we're playing next year, so just come on out then, I'll have a QB with experience, he might not be the one who should start or end up starting , but he'll have experience. 

Hey, its a bye year and that's what Junkyard says to do, and he's a proven D1 coach, it will help recruiting too!

junkyardhog

Hey, its a bye year and that's what Junkyard says to do, and he's a proven D1 coach, it will help recruiting too!

Have you found my identity?

Yep, it wouldn't have been right to Matt to bench him and start someone else. BUT, RJ should have gotten a LOT more reps. We needed to think about developing a team, not getting a player to the pro's.

Wait a minute...............what's that?.....................MJ fans' corks are popping as we speak ;D

Regarding the other poster, do you really want to get into attacking me personally? I'm just wondering.

[attachment deleted by admin]

HeathHateMe

can't recruit ,
    1.  doesn't have sense enough to get a qb ready to play when he knew MJwas leaving.
    2.  doesn't put any emphasis on special teams ,
    3.  and will not hire a O.C when he can clearly see the better programs have them . he is taking time  away from the overall program to be the OC.

Couldn't agree more.  After 7 years we have not reached a level of consistently high performance that we should.  After bottoming out in 2000 at 6 and 6 it appeared we were steadily improving until last year, and next year is not shaping up to be any better.

Robert Johson could have gotten alot more snaps last year without any change in the record.
When you are playing with less talent than your opponent special teams can make the difference in those games that you are out manned.  How many games has Special Teams cost us.

These could have all been blown off as rookie mistakes 6 or 7 years ago but not now. 
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Hoggimistic

At what points in the games would you have put RJ in, other than the times that Nutt did?

End of the Texas game right before we fumbled?

End of the Florida game before the interception?

End of the Georgia game.... oh wait he did go in in the end of that one.

End of the SouthCarolina game... on Defense to help tackle?

LSU game? Hell MJ couldn't do anthing that game, we really would've gotten our asses handed to us with less experience/running ability. 

If your a coach (I gather people with this perspective aren't) you play every game, you don't give up for "preparation", and you play the best players.  I do understand giving 2nd and 3rd teamers snaps when youre down big, but when it is a close game, youd get your a$$ fired if you tried to pull that. 

I actually agree with the other two points, (special teams, and O.C.) but saying he didn't prepare RJ is stupid.  Sorry to be blunt, but that's some stupid shiiite to say.

mikeirwin

Have you talked with JFB about this ? You sound pretty confident. I don't see anyway Nutt could lose six games for the second straight year and not be in serious trouble.
What do you mean it's "about politics?" Is there some reason that it would be politically incorrect to remove Nutt ? Perhaps you're responding to the rumor that JFB won't fire the football and basketball coach in the same season. I've heard that rumor. There may be something to it from a simple standpoint of money (buying out two coaches while still paying off Nolan).

HOGCATCH

If Nutt lands Mustain, he might get a bye season this coming year, but if Mitch goes elsewhere and the team loses 6 games. He may not get a chance to even clean out his office!!
Winning is a way of life!

junkyardhog

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 13, 2005, 04:34:46 pm
Trust me on this, ANYONE who says Nutt will be gone from the UA after a 6 loss season next year, has no idea what they are talking about. The next couple of seasons are about politics gentleman, not winning and losing.

Have you talked with JFB about this ? You sound pretty confident. I don't see anyway Nutt could lose six games for the second straight year and not be in serious trouble.
What do you mean it's "about politics?" Is there some reason that it would be politically incorrect to remove Nutt ? Perhaps you're responding to the rumor that JFB won't fire the football and basketball coach in the same season. I've heard that rumor. There may be something to it from a simple standpoint of money (buying out two coaches while still paying off Nolan).

Mike, no I have never talked to JFB. I have heard from an old friend from the '64 team that JFB can be quite arrogant and isn't a good conversationalist unless you are in his circle.

The politics are just this (IMHO), Frank is getting old, REAL OLD.  If the foundation and Lindsey want HDN to be the A.D., they must move quickly (within the year 2006).  Because FANS (contributors), will not give him more than 1 more losing season.  It will be real hard to convince Arkansas to hire back a fired coach for the A.D. position. It is much more easy to hire him straight over.

tophawg19

hoggimistic let me make it clear enough so you can git it . R.J should have been brought in earlier in
those games we were blowing people out in .he should have started the georgia game matt wasn't healthy and could have gotten hurt enough to have missed the rest of the season . he should have played more because he took most of the snaps in practice and at times was better prepared than matt . there is a reason most coaches go with a healthy player who gets most of the practice time over a injured player . especially one who refuses to play within the offense and constantly causes
problems for the o-line with his freelance style and his refusing to run the plays that we're called .

mikeirwin

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 05:01:16 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on May 13, 2005, 04:34:46 pm
Trust me on this, ANYONE who says Nutt will be gone from the UA after a 6 loss season next year, has no idea what they are talking about. The next couple of seasons are about politics gentleman, not winning and losing.

Mike, no I have never talked to JFB. I have heard from an old friend from the '64 team that JFB can be quite arrogant and isn't a good conversationalist unless you are in his circle.

The politics are just this (IMHO), Frank is getting old, REAL OLD. If the foundation and Lindsey want HDN to be the A.D., they must move quickly (within the year 2006). Because FANS (contributors), will not give him more than 1 more losing season. It will be real hard to convince Arkansas to hire back a fired coach for the A.D. position. It is much more easy to hire him straight over.
I'm hearing that HDN does not want to be AD. At least not at this time. His agent has told him that he is still a very marketable coach and if he has a decent season he could get another job at a school in a major conference.
Nutt's dad had a big influence on him. Most of us have heard the story that Nutt Sr. was the one who convinced Houston not to take the Nebraska job once Jim Lindsey had convinced Broyles to offer HDN a new contract.
Without Nutt Sr.'s influence I can see a situation where Houston would use next year to get himself in position to make a lateral move. He would need a bowl game to do that. Seven wins is not impossible if one of the two rookie RB's delivers on the field.

junkyardhog

Mike, while I would like to say I disagree with your take on HDN's feelings; I can't.  The scenario you described is plausible and could be likely especially after we got a 'glimpse' of what really happened with LSU.  Would HDN have taken the job with LSU if offered? IMHO, Yes.  It's hard to blame him though.

Dad's have a funny way of influencing us, and I know first hand how opinion on life changes when you lose one.  JFB is the 'grandfather' of the Arkansas Razorbacks. I sincerely hope HDN is willing to step up and be the 'father' of the Arkansas Razorbacks.  We are in dire need of one.

mikeirwin

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 06:01:43 pm
Mike, while I would like to say I disagree with your take on HDN's feelings; I can't.  The scenario you described is plausible and could be likely especially after we got a 'glimpse' of what really happened with LSU.  Would HDN have taken the job with LSU if offered? IMHO, Yes.  It's hard to blame him though.

Dad's have a funny way of influencing us, and I know first hand how opinion on life changes when you lose one.  JFB is the 'grandfather' of the Arkansas Razorbacks. I sincerely hope HDN is willing to step up and be the 'father' of the Arkansas Razorbacks.  We are in dire need of one.
The problem with your scenario is JFB. He supposedly has told close friends that retirement is a death sentence. He's seen it happen to too many of his friends and colleagues.
I can't see him stepping aside for Nutt or anybody else. I for one fully expect to see him as the AD as long as he's breathing.

junkyardhog

I agree and do not want to get any internet rumors started about JFB.  But let me just say this: when you lose your wife and are in your mid 80's you don't have as much control over your health as you wish you did.  Let's just see how things pan out.

Boner

May 13, 2005, 07:05:51 pm #41 Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 07:16:07 pm by Boner
I don't care who's backing him, I can't see JFB being pushed out next year in favor of Nutt for AD.  Is that what we've come to around here?

You want to talk about running off some big alum$, take the biggest legend in Arkansas sports, force him into retirement, and replace him with an average-at-best coach.  Other than a handful of people, do you really not know which side most would take?

And, real classy move, JYH, throwing out there that Frank isn't in good health because he's old and his wife just died.  And he's not real personable if you're not in his circle? Way to not start rumors.  You, or your "inside sources" obviously have an ax to grind.

He's one of the most successful, unpersonal, senile people I've ever heard of.  Let's replace him with a used car salesman that's nice to people outside his circle.

junkyardhog

I tell you what. I will no longer post on what my opinions are. In an attempt to have tact and be respectful, I have been attacked. I thought I could bring insight and personal relationship 'material' to this site. If you guys don't want to hear it, that's fine.  Boner is the supreme know it all and can judge others on what and how they post.

I apologize. Frank Broyles was NOT devastated by the loss of his wife and he is not in his 80's. And older gentlemen who have had major life changing events do not rethink their attitudes and priorities in life.  As a matter of fact, I believe he will be here at least another 50 years. 

Do you want posters on this board who will blow sunshine up your ass, or do you want honest, heartfelt statements? 

I refuse to call people adolecent idiots, so I will not!  I would also under no circumstance tell you to go Frank yourself, so of course, I won't.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 09:05:04 am
WMS is falling apart guys and in 7 more years, it may not even be safe.

Oh good God, it's not that darned bad.

junkyardhog

Quote from: DR on May 13, 2005, 07:32:28 pm
Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 09:05:04 am
WMS is falling apart guys and in 7 more years, it may not even be safe.

Oh good God, it's not that darned bad.

:D   It is pretty nasty, you have to admit.  And think what it will look like when the contract is up.

junkyardhog

AND, I live 30 minutes from the stadium. So, I love it. I love the atmosphere, I love everything about it, but you have to be honest.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 07:35:59 pm

:D   It is pretty nasty, you have to admit.  And think what it will look like when the contract is up.

It could be a lot better, especially the tin under the stands on the...west side, I believe.

And I've been all over that stadium.  Sure, it needs some work done and it could be better, but falling apart, no.

Boner

Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 07:26:27 pm
I tell you what. I will no longer post on what my opinions are. In an attempt to have tact and be respectful, I have been attacked. I thought I could bring insight and personal relationship 'material' to this site. If you guys don't want to hear it, that's fine. Boner is the supreme know it all and can judge others on what and how they post.

I apologize. Frank Broyles was NOT devastated by the loss of his wife and he is not in his 80's. And older gentlemen who have had major life changing events do not rethink their attitudes and priorities in life. As a matter of fact, I believe he will be here at least another 50 years.

Do you want posters on this board who will blow sunshine up your ass, or do you want honest, heartfelt statements?

I refuse to call people adolecent idiots, so I will not! I would also under no circumstance tell you to go phreak yourself, so of course, I won't.

Someone who says Nutt will not be gone if we go 5-7 ths year accusing me of blowing sunshine.  Funny.

I'm far from a know it all.  But yes, I will call you out on your inside info.  You claim to know this and that but have never even met JFB.  But you know a guy from the '64 team.  You claim that next year Nutt will be AD no matter what.  That means you are claiming Broyles will die soon or will be run out of his job. 

I'm calling BS on Nutt being AD next year.  And I'm calling BS on JFB being run out of his job.  As far as him passing away in the next year, maybe you know more than me.  Hell, you probably know more about JFB's health than he does.  Maybe you should let him know.

If you don't like people questioning your double-secret inside info, you can go phreak yourself.

Theolesnort

The last coach to make a lateral more like that was Hatfield and look at him today. Clemson was harder to please than Ark and so he is at Rice today where the pressure is almost non existant but then maybe he is happy.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

junkyardhog

Quote from: Boner on May 13, 2005, 07:38:55 pm
Quote from: junkyardhog on May 13, 2005, 07:26:27 pm
I tell you what. I will no longer post on what my opinions are. In an attempt to have tact and be respectful, I have been attacked. I thought I could bring insight and personal relationship 'material' to this site. If you guys don't want to hear it, that's fine. Boner is the supreme know it all and can judge others on what and how they post.

I apologize. Frank Broyles was NOT devastated by the loss of his wife and he is not in his 80's. And older gentlemen who have had major life changing events do not rethink their attitudes and priorities in life. As a matter of fact, I believe he will be here at least another 50 years.

I refuse to call people adolecent idiots, so I will not! I would also under no circumstance tell you to go phreak yourself, so of course, I won't.

Someone who says Nutt will not be gone if we go 5-7 ths year accusing me of blowing sunshine. Funny.

I'm far from a know it all. But yes, I will call you out on your inside info. You claim to know this and that but have never even met JFB. But you know a guy from the '64 team. You claim that next year Nutt will be AD no matter what. That means you are claiming Broyles will die soon or will be run out of his job.

I'm calling BS on Nutt being AD next year. And I'm calling BS on JFB being run out of his job. As far as him passing away in the next year, maybe you know more than me. Hell, you probably know more about JFB's health than he does. Maybe you should let him know.

If you don't like people questioning your double-secret inside info, you can go phreak yourself.

NOBODY knows the future. It is possible Nutt will never be the AD. JFB will also not be RUN OUT of anything.  I am just giving you a highly probable event that COULD occur. YES, I do have a friend who was a member of the '64 team. But, I have no idea why you threw that up as it has nothing to do with this conversation.  If you knew what my occupation is and what his is, you would understand.  The comment about JFB's circle comes straight out of a pre-funeral event that happened a couple of years ago in Benton Arkansas.  Boner, YOU don't have to know everything for it to be true ;) You will learn this as you get older.

BTW- I was the ONLY one who yelled my buddies name out when it was called at the Texas game in F'ville this last season. If you were there, you will know what I am talking about.  It's ok, we will deal with you as you mature.  ;D ;D