Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Robert Reed would of played for Nut would he have started?

Started by Hoggysoprano, May 10, 2005, 06:21:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2005, 10:29:45 pm
Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 10, 2005, 10:23:42 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2005, 10:20:29 pm
You find the specific words "didn't play" under anything I've posted in this thread, and I'll buy all the beer you can drink at the next tailgate.

Is it possible to letter and not play?

I didn't think so.

I don't drink beer, and I really doubt you will show up at any tailgates. You said you couldn't find where he played, thought I'd help you out, oh and if you look in that press guide, I've got a copy around here using it for a door stop, you will find that each game is there with the stats. You should be able to find the amount he played in each of the first 6 or 7 games.

Really?

You mean if I want to find how many carries Ike Forte had against Baylor in 1976, I can find it in last year's media guide?

You could find out how many he had in a bowl game. I don't think every game is in there but if you've been getting the media guide it has the previous years stats in there and box scores.  And since you are such an important big $500 a year donator, I'm sure you have the 2003 guide somewhere.

harrellhawg

Yep, in 14 games he got 39 pass attempts,I bet he was worn out.boy HDN sure caved in.I bet Robert Reed coulda got at least 40 attempts in.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 10:34:06 pm
Yep, in 14 games he got 39 pass attempts,I bet he was worn out.boy HDN sure caved in.I bet Robert Reed coulda got at least 40 attempts in.

Naw Reed was more of a runner, of course you would know that if you had any knowledge at all to bring to this discussion.

WilsonHog

Wow. I stand corrected. That almost 2.8 attempts per game. Shoot, at that rate he could have passed Clint Stoerner for most career passes attempted by a Razorback. 'Course, he would have been 44 when he broke Clint's record, so eligibility might have been a concern.

Is it possible to get 26 years of intercollegiate eligibility?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2005, 10:38:45 pm

Wow. I stand corrected. That almost 2.8 attempts per game. Shoot, at that rate he could have passed Clint Stoerner for most career passes attempted by a Razorback. 'Course, he would have been 44 when he broke Clint's record, so eligibility might have been a concern.

Probably not, we are dealing with the NCAA here, not with Rivercrest High School.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 10, 2005, 10:43:57 pm

Probably not, we are dealing with the NCAA here, not with Rivercrest High School.

Did I say intercollegiate, or interscholastic?

There is a difference.

One refers to sanctioned extracurricular activities by students who have completed their secondary school eligibility.

The other refers to students who have exceeded the eligibility rules for junior high school participation.   

harrellhawg

Yeah I add nothing and I am Proud, but I have still shown time and time again that your assumption that Robert Reed(LMAO)would be named the starting QB this fall just because he treatened to quit the team,because HDN always caves in to QB's that threaten to quit just like he did with G.Bashears and T-Jack is just plain freakin stupid but if thats what you think,man,oh great football experct,more power to ya.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2005, 10:48:01 pm
Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 10, 2005, 10:43:57 pm

Did I say intercollegiate, or interscholastic?

There is a difference.

One refers to sanctioned extracurricular activities by students who have completed their secondary school eligibility.

The other refers to students who have exceeded the eligibility rules for junior high school participation.

Tom what are the rules for junior High School?  I'm thinking that Nut might need to familar hisself wiith those rules. And after that I really have to go, can't stay on here all the tiime. You're weaing me out.

akp4105

having qb's battle for the job is what your suppose to do..if there is no proven guy..thats what u do..thats what we're doin right now with the qbs we have..jones was proven..and everyone knew he was gonna be the starter last year...look at any program...they all do this..how bout mack brown startin the white guy against us and then young came in some...and later in the season he was the starter..he didnt cave in, were u right there when brashears dad was callin nutt...were u listenin to the phone calls..and how bout when tavaris said he was gonna quit..u were right there? i doubt it..you hear things through the grapevine and then post them..and since everyone on here is such an idiot..quit talkin go to a different forum...look at your applause and smite..compared to everyone else..no one really likes what you have to say anyways..and your not even a hog fan all u do is bitch about them..go to texas or somethin...

Flatfoot

The only thing you can do is make your decision on who the best QB is and let them go after it.  If the backup can't handle being second string or won't work at becoming better then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: HogInParaloma on May 11, 2005, 08:50:02 am
Would of played? or Would have played?

Didn't Robert Reed play basketball?

Skip,
If you are trying to make a point, you're doing a poor job. Nutt didn't "cave-in" to either of the players you mentioned. If you are trying to bitch, you may try going the route of "Nutt's indecisiveness" of naming a starter caused players to quit. If the players were not good enough/smart enough to play, let 'em go.

Sorry I can't disucss it with you, I can't argue with an idiot, they only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, and buddy you have more experience than any of these other guys on the board. 

hawgonthehill

First of all Pork, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are an idiot.  You make yourself look like a jerk (not that you care) by posting the same response about not discussing it with idiots.  Well, normally to discuss something with someone they need to have the opposite viewpoint of yours or it will be a short discussion.  So if everyone you disagree with is an idiot, then who are you going to discuss this with? Yourself?

Second, Nutt didn't cave in to either of those guys.  I wasn't following the Hogs during the Brashears incident, but I do know that Brashears didn't get any kind of serious playing time.  And you posted stats earlier that showed TJack only got a whopping 39 pass attempts the entire season.  Wow, what a cave in to allow TJack to play enough downs to get 39 pass attempts.  So what if he didn't name a starter in the spring or even the fall and made a competition out of it.  Sometimes smart coaches do that to promote competition for the QB job to see who wants it the most and who will work the hardest for it.  Nutt caving in would have been saying RJ and Matt Jones were in a QB competition for the starting job this past fall.  That would have been caving in.  I don't know how you can say he is caving in now with RJ since there isn't anywhere close to being a clear #1 among our 3 QB's.

If you want to see the definition of caving in, then go back 2 or 3 years to the University of Texas where Mack Brown caved in to Chris Simms and started him over Major Applewhite who was going in to his senior year. 

sage_dragoon

I can identify w/harrelhog on this one. I would define 'caving in' as HDN letting T.Jack and/or Brashears actually take over the starting spot (and actually playing significantly despite poor performance) due to pressure/threat of quitting. What history has shown is that neither T.Jack or Brashears played any significant time and both ended up quitting. So...I would have to put the opening remarks of this thread in the 'Huh?' category. Now if the best you can come up with is beating your 'head' against the wall by regurgitating the same statement w/o any logic behind it, then I can understand why you have become hostile to other poster's questions/comments/reasoning.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Hoggysoprano

May 11, 2005, 12:05:16 pm #63 Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 12:44:50 pm by Pork Chops and Tater Salad
Quote from: hawgonthehill on May 11, 2005, 11:52:27 am
First of all Pork, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are an idiot. You make yourself look like a jerk (not that you care) by posting the same response about not discussing it with idiots. Well, normally to discuss something with someone they need to have the opposite viewpoint of yours or it will be a short discussion. So if everyone you disagree with is an idiot, then who are you going to discuss this with? Yourself?

Second, Nutt didn't cave in to either of those guys. I wasn't following the Hogs during the Brashears incident, but I do know that Brashears didn't get any kind of serious playing time. And you posted stats earlier that showed TJack only got a whopping 39 pass attempts the entire season. Wow, what a cave in to allow TJack to play enough downs to get 39 pass attempts. So what if he didn't name a starter in the spring or even the fall and made a competition out of it. Sometimes smart coaches do that to promote competition for the QB job to see who wants it the most and who will work the hardest for it. Nutt caving in would have been saying RJ and Matt Jones were in a QB competition for the starting job this past fall. That would have been caving in. I don't know how you can say he is caving in now with RJ since there isn't anywhere close to being a clear #1 among our 3 QB's.

If you want to see the definition of caving in, then go back 2 or 3 years to the University of Texas where Mack Brown caved in to Chris Simms and started him over Major Applewhite who was going in to his senior year.

Their are those that disagree and those who try and do so in  a manner to get an argument, those are the idiots.  Disagreement is great. Now about Nutt caving in, I believe he did.  It was obvious that Matt was far superior to TJack, yet Nutt insisted that he would come in on the third series and then alternate him, he did this for at least six games.  Oh other than the Texas game in which he wanted to win so bad he left him on the bench.   I can't help it if TJack sucked so bad that he either was sacked and went three and out most of the time.  Which he did, it was almost comical if you were not a Hog fan.  This was done to keep TJack and his parents happy.  That is caving in. After TJack was sat on the bench, he got ticked and then he left. Which was a good thing for us and him.

Not to Gary Brashears. Gary was a victim in this thing. He was caught in the middle. His daddy would call Nut at midnight gripping that Gary wasn't playing even when Storner was here, that was Gary's true freshman year. I don't know if you remember but Clint was injured during that year, Hampton came in and did a very good job while Clint was out. Hampton was not given the starting job, but he was named 1A and !B with Gary after the Spring.  I am not sure, but I think that was so Gary would come back. Gary did come back, he had long hair and a beard. He was told to shave and then told the next day, which was in fall, that he would not be the starter. That is when he left. At least that is how I remember it.

Now, the deal with Johnson.  I understand, but am not sure, that he has said he will leave it he is not the starter. I don't know if that is true,but if it is I have  a big problem with it.  Football is a team venture, and no one guy makes  a team, especially when he is making ultimatums to the coach.  If this is true, if I were Nut, which I'm not, I'd tell him to hit the  bricks.

I hope that explains to you why I think the way I do about this. If you disagree that is fine.

PennHOG

Quote from: HogInParaloma on May 11, 2005, 12:17:00 pm
Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 11, 2005, 12:05:16 pm

If this is true, if I were Nut, which I'm not, I'd tell him to him the bricks.

Is this code?

Let me help you.

String i = "I";
String nutt = "Nutt";
String value = "him";
if (this)
  {
  if (i==nutt)
      {
      // never true
      }
  else
      {
      message "him to " + value + " the bricks.";
      }
  }
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Barrett Bishop on May 11, 2005, 12:08:37 pm
Pork Chop, you are an ass.

:D

Is this code?

See this is the kind of j I am talking about, a little punk scared of his own shadow probably sitting around drawing a govt check trying to start arguemnts. Of course everyone knows this guy to be an idiot, but he does make a good example.  People  like this know nothing never bring anything to an argument, he can't  because he's an idiot, so they only try to start something with little dumb statments like this one.  Of course since this jerk is a Woorat poster go figure.

PennHOG

Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 11, 2005, 12:43:52 pm

Is this code?

See this is the kind of j I am talking about, a little punk scared of his own shadow probably sitting around drawing a govt check trying to start arguments. Of course everyone knows this guy to be an idiot, but he does make a good example. People like this know nothing never bring anything to an argument, he can't because he's an idiot, so they only try to start something with little dumb statements like this one. Of course since this jerk is a Woorat poster go figure.

He's not the only one that can't figure out what your saying.  I don't think you should call someone dumb for not being able to interpret your sentence fragments.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: PennHOG on May 11, 2005, 12:47:31 pm

Is this code?

See this is the kind of j I am talking about, a little punk scared of his own shadow probably sitting around drawing a govt check trying to start arguments. Of course everyone knows this guy to be an idiot, but he does make a good example. People like this know nothing never bring anything to an argument, he can't because he's an idiot, so they only try to start something with little dumb statements like this one. Of course since this jerk is a Woorat poster go figure.

He's not the only one that can't figure out what your saying. I don't think you should call someone dumb for not being able to interpret your sentence fragments.

Pennhead you fall into the same catergory with him. You are idiot 1a and idiot 1b.

PennHOG

id·i·ot
n

• A foolish or stupid person.
  • A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
  • Pork Chops and Tater Salad

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: HogInParaloma on May 11, 2005, 12:54:18 pm
See this is the kind of j I am talking about, a little punk scared of his own shadow probably sitting around drawing a govt check trying to start arguemnts. Of course everyone knows this guy to be an idiot, but he does make a good example.  People  like this know nothing never bring anything to an argument, he can't  because he's an idiot, so they only try to start something with little dumb statments like this one.  Of course since this jerk is a Woorat poster go figure.

HiM is board moniker, abbreviated at that. Sorry you missed the intended joke.

Back to the subject: NUTT DID NOT CAVE IN TO T-JACK OR BRASHEARS. IF HE "CAVED IN" THEY WOULD HAVE PLAYED A LOT MORE THAN THEY DID.

So no, Robert Reed would not have started, based on his ability, or lack there of.

Yes he did, I doubt you even know who Robert Reed was.  If it was based on ability?  Reed had a lot more ability than Hampton, Reed played in the NFL. Reed was a head case, and he said he would leave, and he did.  I just hope we are not going to see the same thing go on with Johnson.  I hope the rumor that he said such a thing is not true.  If he did, l he needs to go.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: PennHOG on May 11, 2005, 12:56:37 pm
id·i·ot
n

• A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Why Pennhead, you are going to hurt my feelings saying things like this.  I am appaled.  You know with your great command of the English language you could probably land yourself a job at the McDonalds drive thru.

PennHOG

Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 11, 2005, 12:59:53 pm
Quote from: PennHOG on May 11, 2005, 12:56:37 pm
id·i·ot
n

Why Pennhead, you are going to hurt my feelings saying things like this. I am appaled. You know with your great command of the English language you could probably land yourself a job at the McDonalds drive thru.

I wouldn't do that to you.  You need that job!

Galleywinter

sirpigalot

Pork, you are no where near as smart as you want to think you are.  You made a statement saying that Nutt didnt play TJack against Texas.  News flash for you moron, TJack was never here when we played Texas!  Since you try to sound so smart and belittle people about their donations, you should be rich enough to go buy yourself a brain.  When you actually know what you are talking about, come back and post something.  Until then, do yourself and everyone else a favor and shut your pie hole.

rathog1

I think some of you have really bad memories! T-Jack got important playing time (3rd series) and he was freakin' terrible. I remember people throwing a fit during the Ky game 02.  The only reason I could come up with for giving T-Jack playing time was Nutt must have made some kind of deal for him to sign here. Which makes me wonder.

We were the only Div 1 school to offer him at QB but to sign him we have to promise playing time too?

Gary Brashears
IMO Earned the starting job in Spring 2000 but he didn't get it (Maybe a mind game from Nutt??). Throws a fit, comes back after the summer with long hair and a beard and quits the team.
Hogking 7-09-05
11:42:25 PM
this will be a 1998 type season maybe better

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: sirpigalot on May 11, 2005, 05:56:23 pm
Pork, you are no where near as smart as you want to think you are. You made a statement saying that Nutt didnt play TJack against Texas. News flash for you moron, TJack was never here when we played Texas! Since you try to sound so smart and belittle people about their donations, you should be rich enough to go buy yourself a brain. When you actually know what you are talking about, come back and post something. Until then, do yourself and everyone else a favor and shut your pie hole.

That was ole Ryan he didn't play in that game,  You are right, Jackson left the previous year.

Galleywinter

Ha. Gary Brashears. Lots of talent. No desire."You want fries with that".