Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Robert Reed would of played for Nut would he have started?

Started by Hoggysoprano, May 10, 2005, 06:21:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggysoprano

I think he would of, Nut has a habit of caving in to QB's who threaten to leave.

Galleywinter

Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 10, 2005, 06:21:14 pm
I think he would of, Nut has a habit of caving in to QB's who threaten to leave.
Good question Pork. I think its coming again with RJ. And if Mitch M. makes it to campus?

hogfan98

are you talking about the time he caved in with zac clark or tarvaris jackson?

harrellhawg

Which quaterback was leaving and Nutt caved in to him?
C. Storner-98/99
R.Hampton-2000
Z.Clark-2001
M.Jones 2002-2004
which one did he cave in to, just wondering?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 07:06:16 pm
Which quaterback was leaving and Nutt caved in to him?
C. Storner-98/99
R.Hampton-2000
Z.Clark-2001
M.Jones 2002-2004
which one did he cave in to, just wondering?

Well since you have such a short  eh , ,  ,,memory.  Ever hear of Gary Brashears?  How about Tavaris Jackson?  and now Robert Johnson.  There now you won't have to "wonder" anymore,. you will know

harrellhawg

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 07:20:22 pm
When did he cave in to those guys?

When they were here, where have you been guy?  This is common knowledge to anyone who keeps up with Hog football.

harrellhawg

how did he cave in?
I remember them leaving because they weren't playing.

Hoggysoprano

May 10, 2005, 07:26:42 pm #8 Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 07:32:23 pm by Pork Chops and Tater Salad
Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 07:23:56 pm
how did he cave in?
I remember them leaving because they weren't playing.

You trying to rewrite history there bud?  He caved in by have a duel between Brashears and Hampton becasue Brashears dad was on his butt so hard.  He then caved into pressure from the Jackson's to play Tavaris, which he platooned with Jones for a while. Jackson then  got mad and left when he no longer got to play. Now I hear Johnson is saying he will leave if he's not the starter.  Same ole same ole.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: hogfan98 on May 10, 2005, 06:59:56 pm

are you talking about the time he caved in with zac clark or tarvaris jackson?

Gary Brashears, T jack and now Johnson.

harrellhawg

I still don't see how he caved in.Neither one of those two accumulated any Significant playing time, they both left because a lack of PT so i am still trying to figure out how HDN caved into these two.In the end neither one started or played much.
I ask is that caving in?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 07:35:35 pm
I still don't see how he caved in.Neither one of those two accumulated any Significant playing time, they both left because a lack of PT so i am still trying to figure out how HDN caved into these two.In the end neither one started or played much.
I ask is that caving in?

I guess you just don't get it. most of the Nut athletic supporters don't.  I'm not going to sit here and try to beat it into your head. I would spend a lot of time and you still wouldn't get it. So take your chicken over to Nut's house and have a nice kool-aid.

Amityvillehogger

Nutt caved in on noone, these guys quit nutt and the team.  It's their fault.  They didnt like not playing, so they left.  Its not Nutt's fault, these guys came in expecting to have the job handed to them, and they didnt win it.  So they didnt play.  So i too dont see where nutt caved in on these guys.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hoggysoprano

It is my motto to never argue with idiots. 

They bring you down to their level then they beat you with experience.

Can't argue with you on this if you don't get it. ;D

harrellhawg

I am not a Nutt supporter and i hope he is gone after this year but I still haven't figured out how he caved into Gary Bashears and T-Jack.
I guess by giving them a ticket to Alabama St. and Grambling.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 10, 2005, 07:42:41 pm
It is my motto to never argue with idiots.

They bring you down to their level then they beat you with experience.

Can't argue with you on this if you don't get it. ;D

Oh so everyones an idiot that doesn't agree with you????

Sounds like a personal problem to me.  Needs psychiatric help.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 07:44:55 pm
I am not a Nutt supporter and i hope he is gone after this year but I still haven't figured out how he caved into Gary Bashears and T-Jack.
I guess by giving them a ticket to Alabama St. and Grambling.

How old were you when Brashears was here?  Tell me what you remember about him.  Same with Jackson.

harrellhawg

Ok, maybe I am an Idiot, but if I am Please explain how HDN caved into G.Bashears and T-Jack.
was it by giving them all the playing time?
was it because he benched R.Hampton and Z.Clark in favor of them.
Please enlighten me with your knowledge of HDN intentions towards these two.
I just don't see how them riding the pine defines "caving in"

Hoggysoprano

Gary Brashears was here the last year Clint was.  Hampton was going to be like a 10th years senior and had filled in nicely for Clint when Clint was hurt.  But in the spring Nut created one of his famous Qb controversies.  Nut caved into Gary's dad, Hampton or Brashears, 1A and 1B.  Of course this pissed ole Gary's dad off and he continually called Nut, if Nut had just named Hampton the starter all this drama of Brashears coming back with the long hair getting a hair cut all on the first day of practice.  The being told he was not the starter and he promply left school, the rest is a sad story.

Jackson was here with Clark, in fact Nut told Clark he wouldn't be playing the next year because of Jackson and/or Jones.  So Nut tried the ole Two headed monster again, with Jackson and Jones.  This lasted until he realized Jackson was so terrible that his leaving didn't matter, so he got ticked and left.  Again if Nut had not caved in to T Jack this would not of happened.

harrellhawg

I am 30 years old,attended 6 games in 2000,5 in 2001 and i don't remember G.Bashears or T-Jack playing much in any of the games I attended.
But , boy, I sure remember ole HDN caving into these two they were all over the sidelines.

harrellhawg

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 07:58:52 pm
I am 30 years old,attended 6 games in 2000,5 in 2001 and i don't remember G.Bashears or T-Jack playing much in any of the games I attended.
But , boy, I sure remember ole HDN caving into these two they were all over the sidelines.

REfer to my moto

harrellhawg

so not giving them any PT and both of them transfering was "caving in"
got it now.
man sure hope he doesn't cave in to any more QB's ,Zac Tubbs will end up behind center if he does

harrellhawg

and the subject of this thread implied HDN would have started Robert Reed because of his history of  "caving in" to QB's
huh just like he did with G.Bashears and T-Jack

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 08:03:14 pm
so not giving them any PT and both of them transfering was "caving in"
got it now.
man sure hope he doesn't cave in to any more QB's ,Zac Tubbs will end up behind center if he does

Sorry that you didn't see Jackson play, he played quite a bit maybe you didn't go to those games. Brashears? Like I told you, he didn't play, he left after being led to believe he would play.  I'm sure it was hell for him with his dad and all. Johnson, not for sure but it sounds like more of the same.

harrellhawg

nothing else huh?
ok i am through, but when you have time please explain why R.Reed would have started at the U of A.
you stated you thought he would because HDN had a habit of caving in to QB's that threaten to leave and then you gave G.Bashears and T-Jack as examples of "caving in"
So why does R.Reed get the starting nod if he were here?
c'mon geunis  let all the "idiots"know how that makes sense

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 08:29:52 pm
nothing else huh?
ok i am through, but when you have time please explain why R.Reed would have started at the U of A.
you stated you thought he would because HDN had a habit of caving in to QB's that threaten to leave and then you gave G.Bashears and T-Jack as examples of "caving in"
So why does R.Reed get the starting nod if he were here?
c'mon geunis let all the "idiots"know how that makes sense

Why sure I will son, and compared to you I am a genius,  Reed was here when we had ole Lunney, Reed was given the chance to start because he threatened to quit.  Which is what I hear Johnson is doing. Now I know the correlation my be difficult with someone with your limited mental capacities but try to follow along.  Comparatively speaking it is the same situation, Reed lost his starting job and left.

harrellhawg

yep man you are brillant.
G.Bashears and T-Jack combined for 1 start so HDN would of had to start Robert Reed with his history of caving in like that.yep he really caved in after they threatened to leave.

harrellhawg

before you reply please go back and read all your posts you stated R.Reed would have been the starter because HDN has a habit of caving in to QB's that threaten to leave  and then you gave T-Jack and G.Bashears as examples
BUT THEY BOTH LEFT SO HOW DOES THAT JUSITIFY R.REED BEING THE STARTER?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 08:42:44 pm
yep man you are brillant.
G.Bashears and T-Jack combined for 1 start so HDN would of had to start Robert Reed with his history of caving in like that.yep he really caved in after they threatened to leave.

Yeah after he got tied of screwing Matt over with TJack he used Sorehand.  Nutt finally figured he was better than TJack about 7 games in.  Sorry you can't see the correlation,  I can't help the mentally challenged.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 08:46:27 pm
before you reply please go back and read all your posts you stated R.Reed would have been the starter because HDN has a habit of caving in to QB's that threaten to leave and then you gave T-Jack and G.Bashears as examples
BUT THEY BOTH LEFT SO HOW DOES THAT JUSITIFY R.REED BEING THE STARTER?

Yes it does, it was for the same reasons that Johnson is rumored to say he would leave.  And the reason TJack did leave, Gary?  I think he was just to damn mentally beat up by his daddy.

harrellhawg

THAT'S NOT AN ANSWER
explain the logic of R.Reed being the starter because of HDN's habit of caving in to QB's that threaten to leave I.E. G.Bashears and T-Jack after both of them left because they were not starting

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 08:52:05 pm
THAT'S NOT AN ANSWER
explain the logic of R.Reed being the starter because of HDN's habit of caving in to QB's that threaten to leave I.E. G.Bashears and T-Jack after both of them left because they were not starting

Yes it is an answer, you don't like it because you are not very bright, but it is an answer.

harrellhawg

o.k. let me get it strait
R.Reed would have been named the starting QB at the Uof A this fall after he threatened to leave if he wasn't the starter.He was named the starting QB because HDN has a history of caving in to QB's that threaten to leave(I.E. G.Bashears and T-Jack and their combined one start and both of them transferring because they were not named the starter)
BRILLIANT

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 09:00:49 pm
o.k. let me get it strait
R.Reed would have been named the starting QB at the Uof A this fall after he threatened to leave if he wasn't the starter.He was named the starting QB because HDN has a history of caving in to QB's that threaten to leave(I.E. G.Bashears and T-Jack and their combined one start and both of them transferring because they were not named the starter)
BRILLIANT

One problem dummy, Reed didn't play for Nut.  Otherwise you have about got it.

harrellhawg

Really,I didn't know that
makes even more sense now since the subject of this thread is"If Robert Reed would have played for Nut would he have started"
and of course he would have started because HDN caves in to QB's that threaten to leave,just look at G.Bashears and T-Jack,they both threatened to leave and look at all the starts that they got.
man you hit the nail right on the head,glad to know you got it all figured out,any tips on time travel, or absolute zero, how about the meaning of life?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 09:38:51 pm
Really,I didn't know that
makes even more sense now since the subject of this thread is"If Robert Reed would have played for Nut would he have started"
and of course he would have started because HDN caves in to QB's that threaten to leave,just look at G.Bashears and T-Jack,they both threatened to leave and look at all the starts that they got.
man you hit the nail right on the head,glad to know you got it all figured out,any tips on time travel, or absolute zero, how about the meaning of life?

I've got that figured out, I spend my time thinking about a time when we had a good football team.  That way I don't get so pissed about Nut.  Absolute 0, probably the amount of recruits Nut will get from Springdale High this year.  The meaning of life, to me that is partly to be on this board and educate people like you, I see myself as a kind of keeper of the flame of what was and what should be again.  I have to teach these people with their mediocre lives that they do not have to accept that in their football team. ;D

harrellhawg

thanks man i feel warm all over now.
I just hope R.Johnson doesn't threaten to leave if he is not named the starting QB.Then HDN would have to name him the starting QB,just like he did with T-Jack and G.Bashears,you know,since he has such a history of caving in to guys like that.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 09:49:19 pm
thanks man i feel warm all over now.
I just hope R.Johnson doesn't threaten to leave if he is not named the starting QB.Then HDN would have to name him the starting QB,just like he did with T-Jack and G.Bashears,you know,since he has such a history of caving in to guys like that.

Sounds like that be exactly what happens. 

WilsonHog

I was curious about the original point, so I went to the latest edition of the Razorback media guide to pull out the stats generated by the two quarterbacks that HDN caved in to.

Having spent the better part of a good dump trying to find some stats on Jackson or Brashears with no success , I gave up.

I did find that Brashears lettered in...........well, I guess he didn't.

Wait. Here it is. Tarvaris Jackson actually DID play enough to letter in 2002.   

WilsonHog

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on May 10, 2005, 09:55:26 pm
I think Reed lost his job under the previous head coach?

Robert Reed left Fayetteville three years before HDN arrived.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2005, 09:54:50 pm
I was curious about the original point, so I went to the latest edition of the Razorback media guide to pull out the stats generated by the two quarterbacks that HDN caved in to.

Having spent the better part of a good dump trying to find some stats on Jackson or Brashears with no success , I gave up.

You need a better libary in your duimping ground.

harrellhawg

I got it now.I have found a new meaning in life.I am headed to fayetteville.I am gonna walk-on,play QB.threaten to leave the team if i am not named the starter.HDN will quickly appoint me the starting job because he always gives in to players like me that threaten to leave,just ask Gary Bashears or T.Jackson they both threatened to leave and look what it got em.they are household names now. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST HARRELLHAWG STARTING QB AT THE UofA.if anyone else wants a starting job on the UofA football team,just c'mon up and threaten to quit and the job is yours.for more details please contact Gary Bashears jr. or Tarvarious Jackson.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 10, 2005, 10:01:00 pm

You would think that quarterbacks with such prolific numbers as TJack and Brashears posted could have somehow found their way into 328 pages of Razorback minutia.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2005, 10:05:48 pm
Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 10, 2005, 10:01:00 pm

You would think that quarterbacks with such prolific numbers as TJack and Brashears posted could have somehow found their way into 328 pages of Razorback minutia.

Appears maybe you have a reading deficit.  Maybe I can help you out.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/playerstats.asp?SID=1033&TEAM=ARKANSAS&Year=2002

Quite a few stats for someone you say didn't play.

WilsonHog

You find the specific words "didn't play" under anything I've posted in this thread, and I'll buy all the beer you can drink at the next tailgate.

Is it possible to letter and not play?

I didn't think so.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2005, 10:20:29 pm
You find the specific words "didn't play" under anything I've posted in this thread, and I'll buy all the beer you can drink at the next tailgate.

I didn't think so.

I don't drink beer, and I really doubt you will show up at any tailgates.  You said you couldn't find where he played, thought I'd help you out, oh and if you look in that press guide, I've got a copy around here usingi it for a door stop, you will find that each game is there with the stats.  You should be able to find the amount he played in each of the first 6 or 7 games.

harrellhawg

Yep he really got his way with HDN.I just can't believe ole Houston Dale gave in like that, 39 PASS ATTEMPTS.yep all you gotta do is threaten to leave and you could be a star.HDN always caves.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: harrellhawg on May 10, 2005, 10:23:47 pm
Yep he really got his way with HDN.I just can't believe ole Houston Dale gave in like that, 39 PASS ATTEMPTS.yep all you gotta do is threaten to leave and you could be a star.HDN always caves.

He usally went three and out, so he didn't get a lot of chances. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: Pork Chops and Tater Salad on May 10, 2005, 10:23:42 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on May 10, 2005, 10:20:29 pm

I didn't think so.

I don't drink beer, and I really doubt you will show up at any tailgates. You said you couldn't find where he played, thought I'd help you out, oh and if you look in that press guide, I've got a copy around here usingi it for a door stop, you will find that each game is there with the stats. You should be able to find the amount he played in each of the first 6 or 7 games.

Really?

You mean if I want to find how many carries Ike Forte had against Baylor in 1976, I can find it in last year's media guide?