Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

While I wait for my authentic #18 M.Jones Jaguars jersey...

Started by Biggus Piggus, April 26, 2005, 01:27:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

let me pass on some stuff combed from the various NFL beat writers who covered the draft.

It is trendy as hell to criticize the Jags for taking Jones, but a few scouts were not all that sure about Mark Clayton either.

Most folks say the Jaguars were choosing between Fabian Washington, the speedy but not-physical corner from Nebraska; Clayton, the too-many-times called "most polished receiver in the draft" from OU; and Jones.

This was after Alex Barron was drafted by the Rams in slot 19.  The Jags picked 21st.  They would have taken Barron had he been available, but they still got a good tackle in the second round.

Washington and Clayton both are 5-10.  While 5-10 is pretty ordinary height for a corner (the really coveted guys are the ones 6-0 and taller who can also fly), it is short for a receiver these days.  There's no certainty that Clayton is going to produce in the NFL at his size.  His senior year, he had 66 catches but just 13 yards per catch.  Stats were padded with a lot of dinks.  Clayton may be no more than a slot, third receiver in the NFL.

Clayton (5-10, 193):
4.41 in the 40-yard dash ... 2.64 20-yard dash ... 1.53 10-yard dash ... 4.07 20-yard shuttle ... 11.08 60-yard shuttle ... 6.95 three-cone drill ... 36½-inch vertical jump ... 9-foot-10 broad jump ... 30 5/8-inch arm length ... 9 1/8-inch hands.

Jones (6-6, 241):
4.37 in the 40-yard dash ... 2.49 20-yard dash ... 1.50 10-yard dash... 4.09 20-yard shuttle ... 11.07 60-yard shuttle ... 6.62 three-cone drill ... 39½-inch vertical jump ... 10-foot-3 broad jump ... 33 1/8-inch arm length ... 9½-inch hands.

Look at the height and leaping ability--Jones can reach about a foot higher than Clayton can, I suppose.
[CENSORED]!

Karl Onterio

Flatfoot

I have already called Jacksonville's NFL Shop to ask about the MJ Jersey and they said it would probably be 4 to 6 weeks before they have some.  I asked the very nice lady on the phone and she said that their phones have been ringing off the hook asking for the MJ jersey.  I almost tried to bribe her to make a waiting list so that I could get one of the first ones out. ;D
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

TulsaHogFan

How many yards did clayton have total?  I am curious to know that stat...

CarolinaHog1176

WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HoopHog on April 26, 2005, 03:55:30 pm
Don't buy and wear his jersey, Biggus.  It is such a sign of desperation for an older guy (like you and me) to wear some young player's jersey.  ;)  Nice stat comparrison, BP.

It will go nicely in my closet next to my authentic Fred Biletnikoff jersey.  Damn, those things are expensive.  The M. Jones jersey cost $325.
[CENSORED]!

Slacker

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 26, 2005, 10:15:10 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on April 26, 2005, 03:55:30 pm
Don't buy and wear his jersey, Biggus.  It is such a sign of desperation for an older guy (like you and me) to wear some young player's jersey.  ;) Nice stat comparrison, BP.

It will go nicely in my closet next to my authentic Fred Biletnikoff jersey. Damn, those things are expensive. The M. Jones jersey cost $325.

Good God! Is that REAL gold on the trim???

Biggus Piggus

That's for the authentic NFL jersey, not the replica.  The replica is under $100 I believe.
[CENSORED]!

tophawg19

Damn do they send Matt with the jersey i guess that would make it authentic. good stats B.P
matt beat troy's boy in almost every catagory now to see how they do on the field .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

maniax22bolts20

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

MJ2

maniax22bolts20

It will be awhile before I can get the jersey but its on the to buy list. Have any of you called up the Jacksonville radio shows yet ?  Welcome to Hogville.net  abernathy.