Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jarrell Williams at Springdale High

Started by Hoggam's Razor, February 24, 2007, 03:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggam's Razor

I played for Coach Williams back in the 80's and for the life of me I can't remember what offense(s) he ran.
Does anyone on hear happen to know?

I remember running mostly a 5-2 defense, sometimes 4-3, but have no recollection of the offense.
I hate it when people complain.

spurrr

Didn't play for him  but wsn't it the wing T?

hogtheball

He ran the I formation for years, but switched to the wing T in about 1982.  I played for him in the mid eighties (tailback in the wing T was a weird position) - when did you play?
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

huskerhog

I played against his offense 3 times...don't remember it being the wing though. we were 1-2 against it. :(

hogfan123

I played in 78 and 79 and we ran out of the veer. 

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: hogtheball on February 24, 2007, 09:44:09 pm
He ran the I formation for years, but switched to the wing T in about 1982.  I played for him in the mid eighties (tailback in the wing T was a weird position) - when did you play?

Wing T sounds right.  I played in 82-84. 
I hate it when people complain.

jhudson84

Big Papa Satan

Wing-T, baby.  Gotta love misdirection.

Hoot72

If he had been coaching when the Springdale 5 came through, Greenlee would have been an option quarterback and Mustain would have played tight end.

hogtheball

Quote from: Hoot72 on March 10, 2007, 10:09:52 am
If he had been coaching when the Springdale 5 came through, Greenlee would have been an option quarterback and Mustain would have played tight end.

Not sure what you mean by that, but Williams did coach a few good QB's.  The last great one he had was Will Hunt who got a scholarship at Virginia Tech in 2000.  He used to dream of having a QB with Mustain's arm.  Actually, Doug Greenlee had an arm almost as good when he played for Williams.  That team ended up in the top 10 nationally.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

key_stone12

Doug Greenlee.  Got scholarship from Arkansas.   Ended up at ATU.   He was the Mitch Mustain of the 1980's.

hogtheball

Quote from: key_stone12 on March 20, 2007, 01:59:34 pm
Doug Greenlee.  Got scholarship from Arkansas.   Ended up at ATU.   He was the Mitch Mustain of the 1980's.

Where'd you end up playing, big guy?

rzbker1974

Wing-T, knock you on the ground and stomp on you coming back to the huddle. Suffocating defenses were the norm.
Dawgs 05' State's Best Ever

Cartoon Man