Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 05:05:55 pm

Re: Alex Collins

Started by RebelliousHog, September 24, 2017, 12:54:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: daprospecta on September 24, 2017, 06:29:09 pm
Have you ever thought for one second that they are not protesting you or the veterans?

Disrespect the flag & the anthem, disrespect the men & women who fought for it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Augustus

Quote from: Kevin on September 24, 2017, 06:23:55 pm
Walking around doing  your job during the anthem, is not the same as doing a protest during the anthem.

Yes I would like tv to fix one camera on whose singing and have their crew stand

These players have a platform any time they want one, they don't have to disrespect this country, to protest.

If you ask have of them, they would not know what they are protesting.

That's not correct, at least not for this weekend.

This weekend, teams across the NFL were protesting Donald Trump and his statements made in a rally a few days ago & his idiotic tweets over the weekend.

Several NFL Teams released statements, about why their Team/Organization was protesting...

It started out with a small minority protesting/kneeling due to perceived inequality across the Country.

This week, Donald Trump with his loud, idiot mouth turned it into a completely separate movement... the majority protesting about an American Citizen's to protest/demonstrate/air grievances in a peaceful manner.

You can thank "Beloved President" for this weekend.

hoglady

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 24, 2017, 06:28:38 pm
No one wants to hear it, but the point of doing it during the anthem is visibility. any other means of protest would go unnoticed and you guys know it. All the outrage does is prove that they have your attention and in that case, that the protest is working.

I couldn't even tell you exactly what they are protesting.
But I do know that most of those guys make enough money to effect some REAL change in the lives of disadvantaged people. If they aren't doing that with their time and their money off the field / then the on the field stuff rings pretty hollow.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogHomer

Quote from: Kevin on September 24, 2017, 06:36:14 pm
Disrespect the flag & the anthem, disrespect the men & women who fought for it.
Maybe to them it's more about the government that the flag represents as well. The flag can mean different things to different people.

Kevin

Quote from: Augustus on September 24, 2017, 06:37:14 pm
That's not correct, at least not for this weekend.

This weekend, teams across the NFL were protesting Donald Trump and his statements made in a rally a few days ago & his idiotic tweets over the weekend.

Several NFL Teams released statements, about why their Team/Organization was protesting...

It started out with a small minority protesting/kneeling due to perceived inequality across the Country.

This week, Donald Trump with his loud, idiot mouth turned it into a completely separate movement... the majority protesting about an American Citizen's to protest/demonstrate/air grievances in a peaceful manner.

You can thank "Beloved President" for this weekend.

This weekend yes.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

010HogFan

Quote from: hoglady on September 24, 2017, 06:37:37 pm
But I do know that most of those guys make enough money to effect some REAL change in the lives of disadvantaged people. If they aren't doing that with their time and their money off the field / then the on the field stuff rings pretty hollow.

I think a pretty good portion of them do things in the community, it would be foolish to think otherwise as many times as I've heard the phrase "giving back to the community". but it's not controversial or divisive so it doesn't make the evening news.

hoglady

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 24, 2017, 06:41:32 pm
I think a pretty good portion of them do things in the community, it would be foolish to think otherwise as many times as I've heard the phrase "giving back to the community". but it's not controversial or divisive so it doesn't make the evening news.

I think most sports fans just want to turn on the TV and watch sports.
If we want to watch protests - there's plenty of stations to turn to for that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

jkstock04

Quote from: my3boneheads on September 24, 2017, 04:22:28 pm
I don't blame you. We have people dying so we can have freedom and we can't stand for the national anthem to show our thanks? This country has become so backslid it's insane.
It's hilarious in a way...these guys are making millions of dollars playing a game as a career. Not to mention looked at and worshipped as athletic gods across the country....ultimate envy. Yet, they feel extremely oppressed to the point of pissing on the names of those that have fought and died for this country. Irony.

Much too bad that politics has slithered its way into our sports. That's just plain despicable to me. Sports and politics is something I've always been able to 99.9% keep separate. Not any more. NFL/ESPN are digging their own graves with this stuff.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

daprospecta

Quote from: hoglady on September 24, 2017, 06:37:37 pm
It's funny you say that because Colin Kapernick is one hell of a philanthropist and he is not even employed.  That's the thing, so many people just see a guy who kneels during the anthem but if they looked closer, they'd see a guy who is helping impoverished communities and the like.

daprospecta

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 24, 2017, 06:48:06 pm
It's hilarious in a way...these guys are making millions of dollars playing a game as a career. Not to mention looked at and worshipped as athletic gods across the country....ultimate envy. Yet, they feel extremely oppressed to the point of pissing on the names of those that have fought and died for this country. Irony.

Much too bad that politics has slithered its way into our sports. That's just plain despicable to me. Sports and politics is something I've always been able to 99.9% keep separate. Not any more. NFL/ESPN are digging their own graves with this stuff.
You do realize Lebron and Curry(the most influential players in the NBA) are battling with Trump on twitter.  It's not going away.

Kevin

Him kneeling was not the thing that pissed me off, but the wearing of the pigs in cop uniforms socks

alohawg

Quote from: daprospecta on September 24, 2017, 06:27:52 pm
Thank you sir.  Trump called the rioters in Charlottesville good people but athletes who protest silently AND non-violently "Sons of [CENSORED]" and he still has a 40% approval rating.  Even with that, people still think racism is dead and the cause the athletes are fighting  doesn't have a leg to stand.  Some of you should be ashamed.   

He said there were good people on both sides. Both sides of what? The protest regarding the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue. The President was absolutely correct and misapplying out if context his comments only serves one purpose, hate and division, the specialty of the left.
Talk about shame and just flat out b.s. lies being spewed.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoglady

Quote from: daprospecta on September 24, 2017, 06:50:40 pm
It's funny you say that because Colin Kapernick is one hell of a philanthropist and he is not even employed.  That's the thing, so many people just see a guy who kneels during the anthem but if they looked closer, they'd see a guy who is helping impoverished communities and the like.

It really would have served Kap well to have started the kneeling in protest while he was still a starter.
The fact he started it after he was benched really did call into question whether the protest was genuine or not.
I'm not making a judgement on that one way or another. Just pointing it out.

jkstock04

Quote from: daprospecta on September 24, 2017, 06:52:05 pm
You do realize Lebron and Curry(the most influential players in the NBA) are battling with Trump on twitter.  It's not going away.
No I didn't realize that. I don't Twitter. That's too bad though. I agree it's probably only going to get worse...I really hate it.

You know it's the same way when I watch movies or go to the movies. These guys are actors and I watch them for their skill of acting...that's it. I don't care about their politics, I just wanna watch their characters and be entertained. Just don't throw your politics in my face.

Sports figures? Same way. I couldn't care less about their politics. If you hate America and want it destroyed? Ok that's your politics...just don't throw it in my face as a fan when all I want to watch you do is play football. Think about season ticket holders having to be subjected to that.

At the present, it's starting to feel like a line is being drawn in the sand with a lot of the NFL and the general public. Hate America with us or we don't want you as fans...or even to watch us.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

010HogFan

Quote from: hoglady on September 24, 2017, 06:44:21 pm
I think most sports fans just want to turn on the TV and watch sports.
If we want to watch protests - there's plenty of stations to turn to for that.

Sigh. Don't you think that's the reason they're protesting in this method? I sure do, because who the heck goes out of their way to watch a protest? Protests make us feel uncomfortable to the point that we would rather avoid them. This method protest creates dialogue and dialogue is one of the best ways to create change. Whether or not you agree with the message is irrelevant, you have to at least acknowledge this.

hoglady

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 24, 2017, 07:00:29 pm
No I didn't realize that. I don't Twitter. That's too bad though. I agree it's probably only going to get worse...I really hate it.

You know it's the same way when I watch movies or go to the movies. These guys are actors and I watch them for their skill of acting...that's it. I don't care about their politics, I just wanna watch their characters and be entertained. Just don't throw your politics in my face.

Sports figures? Same way. I couldn't care less about their politics. If you hate America and want it destroyed? Ok that's your politics...just don't throw it in my face as a fan when all I want to watch you do is play football. Think about season ticket holders having to be subjected to that.

At the present, it's starting to feel like a line is being drawn in the sand with a lot of the NFL and the general public. Hate America with us or we don't want you as fans...or even to watch us.

All I know about it is.
Curry turned down the invite to the White House.
So I think Trump tweeted something about being invited to the White House is an honor / and then he uninvited Curry.

alohawg

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 24, 2017, 07:02:52 pm
Sigh. Don't you think that's the reason their protesting in this method? I sure do, because who the heck goes out of their way to watch a protest? Protests make us feel uncomfortable to the point that we would rather avoid them. This method protest creates dialogue and dialogue is one of the best ways to create change. Whether or not you agree with the message is irrelevant, you have to at least acknowledge this.

What change? What in heck must change, exactly, before these millionaires are satisfied and stop this???
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

010HogFan

Quote from: alohawg on September 24, 2017, 07:05:40 pm
What change? What in heck must change, exactly, before these millionaires are satisfied and stop this???

I don't know. I'm not the one to ask. I'll continue to stand for the anthem, but if someone wants to kneel, or sit, or play on their phone, I recognize it as their right and surmise that their opinion is probably every bit as good as mine.

hoglady

Sigh. Don't you think that's the reason they're protesting in this method? I sure do, because who the heck goes out of their way to watch a protest? Protests make us feel uncomfortable to the point that we would rather avoid them. This method protest creates dialogue and dialogue is one of the best ways to create change. Whether or not you agree with the message is irrelevant, you have to at least acknowledge this.

I still watch the NFL and ignore the protests.
But most of the people I know have just quit watching the NFL.

daprospecta

Quote from: alohawg on September 24, 2017, 06:57:04 pm
He said there were good people on both sides. Both sides of what? The protest regarding the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue. The President was absolutely correct and misapplying out if context his comments only serves one purpose, hate and division, the specialty of the left.
Talk about shame and just flat out b.s. lies being spewed.
The protestors who were running around beating people up and ran over a young woman. Good people on that side huh but he didn't say any of the athletes were good people, he called them all Sons of B's.  Keep defending that asshat if you want.

Kevin

Golden state was delaying their acceptance. Curry said he was undecided but leaning toward not going. 

They were not going, Kerr is a liberal, also

So trump cancelled their invitation, he said it is an honor to be invited.

Lebron chimed in saying it was an honor, before he got there.

Augustus

Quote from: hoglady on September 24, 2017, 07:10:32 pm

I don't normally watch the NFL, because I'm not really a fan of professional sports other than MLB. 

Today, I had my TVs tuned into different channels broadcasting NFL games.

Will that make a difference? No. But it at least offsets the ratings from one other consumer, who's boycotting the NFL because the President is acting like a Jr High school kid on social media.

alohawg

Quote from: daprospecta on September 24, 2017, 07:14:06 pm
The protestors who were running around beating people up and ran over a young woman. Good people on that side huh but he didn't say any of the athletes were good people, he called them all Sons of B's.  Keep defending that asshat if you want.

Stop it, he condemned those people soundly, but is also honest enough to acknowledge they did not represent everyone there concerned about the removal of an historical statue.
Honesty, try some.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Stewhog 11

Yeah hopefully Alex Collins can continue to grow in his role for Baltimore and become a key player there. Almost 150 yards in his first two games.

hoglady

Quote from: Augustus on September 24, 2017, 07:17:50 pm
I don't normally watch the NFL, because I'm not really a fan of professional sports other than MLB. 

Today, I had my TVs tuned into different channels broadcasting NFL games.

Will that make a difference? No. But it at least offsets the ratings from one other consumer, who's boycotting the NFL because the President is acting like a Jr High school kid on social media.

MLB - my favorite pro sport.

ThisGuy

The Kneeling was never meant to disrespect the troops or the anthem its self. The point of the protest was/is to bring attention to police brutality against minorities in this country you don't have to agree with how they protested but I would hope that you could at least agree that you can love this country while still trying to bring attention to a serious issue.

alohawg

Quote from: hoglady on September 24, 2017, 07:10:32 pm

I took a knee on watching these spoiled aholes today, so good riddance until they remove the politics.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

jkstock04

Good point. I still think it's a shame, mixing politics with our sports....but that's just my personal opinion.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

alohawg

Quote from: ThisGuy on September 24, 2017, 07:20:43 pm
The Kneeling was never meant to disrespect the troops or the anthem its self. The point of the protest was/is to bring attention to police brutality against minorities in this country you don't have to agree with how they protested but I would hope that you could at least agree that you can love this country while still trying to bring attention to a serious issue.

Really, the actual statistics debunk their claims.  So there's that, like hands up don't shoot was proven a lie.  But carry on, yes?
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

nationwish

Quote from: ThisGuy on September 24, 2017, 07:20:43 pm

Saying the protest was an insult to the military was just a way to justify not listening to anything someone had to say. It's a way to keep people from actually thinking about the issue. The flag is not a symbol of the military, and they have no ownership of it.