Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Ole Miss QB that we will face today

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, October 28, 2017, 05:52:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Jordan Ta'amu is a JC Transfer from NMMI (New Mexico Military Institute) and will take over for Shea Patterson who is out for the season.

When Hugh Freeze was still the Rebels' coach, he praised Ta'amu's speed and his deep-ball accuracy. The 6-foot-2, 212-pound Ta'amu displayed a bit of both in the Grove Bowl.

He hit receiver Van Jefferson for a deep touchdown, which was one of his six completions that totaled 188 yards and two scores. Ta'amu also rushed for 25 yards and a score.

At New Mexico Military Institute, Ta'amu accounted for 39 total touchdowns, threw for 3,014 yards and rushed for 328 more.

His performance landed him a three-star rating from 247Sports' composite rankings. But the jump in speed from a New Mexico junior college to the SEC has admittedly been a challenge to adapt to.

"The game speed is a lot faster than junior college. Everyone's good here, everyone's athletic, everyone's fast, everyone's big and strong," Ta'amu said. "So I just have to adjust to that and just play my game."

Ta'amu played in up-tempo offenses while he was in junior college, so he feels he's a good fit for offensive coordinator Phil Longo's offense.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2017/08/21/jordan-taamu-still-figuring-out-his-role-ole-miss-backup-quarterback/585493001/
Go Hogs Go!

blu

He didn't look bad last week when he came in for Patterson. He'll probably throw for 300 and rush for another 100 today.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Dominicanhog

Quote from: blu on October 28, 2017, 06:08:34 am
He didn't look bad last week when he came in for Patterson. He'll probably throw for 300 and rush for another 100 today.

No way.. we'll  show up ready, blitz him early, get him rattled and limit him to 300 or less total yards...

code red

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 28, 2017, 06:12:46 am
No way.. we'll  show up ready, blitz him early, get him rattled and limit him to 300 or less total yards...
Lol
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

NorthDallas40

Quote from: code red on October 28, 2017, 06:46:10 am
Lol

He will have a great day. Our DBs will play 10 yards off their WRs and he will break off a bunch of yards running up the middle. You'd hope it would be different but why would it be after 5 years of this mess?

Pigasaurus

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 28, 2017, 07:17:11 am
He will have a great day. Our DBs will play 10 yards off their WRs and he will break off a bunch of yards running up the middle. You'd hope it would be different but why would it be after 5 years of this mess?

Giving up runs up the middle for 75 yds and slant passes have driven me crazy. Why any team that plays us doesn't patiently gash us with the short slants...
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

swineology

CPR defense will get gashed again like any other game. Kid will look like Tom Brady!
:puke:

Dominicanhog

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 28, 2017, 07:17:11 am
he will break off a bunch of yards running up the middle.

Most long runs don't go up the middle anymore  ... # 8 has made that better.. they still find fertile ground around the ends, though not as much as last year..  most long runs are DB's missing a tackle on the edge when our LB's get caught inside .. Offenses are running at #10 on the edge and to a lesser extent #23 off tackle... CPR has tried to swarm the jet sweep and tunnel screens but that leaves you vulnerable if you miss tackles...

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Boarcephus

Quote from: IronHog on October 28, 2017, 07:42:40 am
Hogs play today?

Who knew

LOL!!!  Same here.  Gotten very easy for me to find other things to do on Saturdays.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Didn't NMst score like 24 on us? WTH makes anybody think we are going to score enough to beat them at there place?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

farmhawg

We beat them by thirty, no way brettt rolls over. He knew the start of this schedule was going to be tough and he set this team up to win in the back half.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

COACHINTEXAS

Quote from: farmhawg on October 28, 2017, 08:02:52 am
We beat them by thirty, no way brettt rolls over. He knew the start of this schedule was going to be tough and he set this team up to win in the back half.

LMAO
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: blu on October 28, 2017, 06:08:34 am

I'll take the over.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The real Hogules

Quote from: farmhawg on October 28, 2017, 08:02:52 am

OMG! Yeah, yeah, sure he did.....................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PorkRinds

If the offense can stay on the field it the defense will be fine today. If we go three and out repeatedly the defense will eventually fold.

Großer Kriegschwein

What is this blitz you speak of?

Never heard of her.
This is my non-signature signature.

Grunt

Thanks Muskogee. I think he hit 7 of 10 last week. Teams being equally bad, I'll bet on home field.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

EastexHawg

He will struggle.  Go the wrong way, multiple false starts, missed reads, probably a couple of turnovers.  I know trying to pump up a guy making his first start is a pre-emptive attempt at feeling better in case we lose yet again, but there is no way this guy ought to be able to gash an SEC defense.

That's not to say we have an SEC defense, of course. 

Großer Kriegschwein

They lost their QB. We lost our redshirt senior QB, best running back (arguably), best corner, and preseason all American Center, who coincidentally seems to be one of only two serviceable linemen on our team (which mean he doesn't piss off the staff and goes to class).

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 28, 2017, 10:48:27 am
They lost their QB. We lost our redshirt senior QB, best running back (arguably), best corner, and preseason all American Center, who coincidentally seems to be one of only two serviceable linemen on our team (which mean he doesn't piss off the staff and goes to class).

Here's the full injury list for both teams. Not sure why they even included Cole Kelley.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=645391.0
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 28, 2017, 10:53:32 am
Here's the full injury list for both teams. Not sure why they even included Cole Kelley.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=645391.0

Probably because as many times as he's been POHA, he could be and the staff isn't saying lol.

farmhawg

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 28, 2017, 10:27:15 am
OMG! Yeah, yeah, sure he did.....................
You will see the genius of Brettt this game! He is already toying with ol miss to lull them into a false sense of winning. He now will crush their hopes!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

farmhawg

Nah, brettt is screwing with ol miss right now.......you'll see, just have faith.
From theflyinghog

Razorback_Mack

Nice prediction

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 28, 2017, 10:46:31 am
He will struggle.  Go the wrong way, multiple false starts, missed reads, probably a couple of turnovers.  I know trying to pump up a guy making his first start is a pre-emptive attempt at feeling better in case we lose yet again, but there is no way this guy ought to be able to gash an SEC defense.

That's not to say we have an SEC defense, of course. 

Lmao

Ex-Trumpet

farmhawg

Quote from: farmhawg on October 28, 2017, 11:22:20 am
Nah, brettt is screwing with ol miss right now.......you'll see, just have faith.
See I told you all, now he will beat them senseless!
From theflyinghog

Hoggish1

This QB can run but he pushes the ball and should be picked many times.

Sweet Feet

Lmao hows that predicition working out? he got nearly 300 in 1 qtr...