Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chip K

Started by twistitup, October 26, 2017, 07:38:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

247Hog

Quote from: 31to6 on October 27, 2017, 12:55:37 pm
Oregon was established and Belotti had definitely done some fine coaching, with 2 conference championships and 7 Top-25 teams in his 14 year tenure. Overall record: 116-55 (Pac10: 72-43). Clearly upper tier Pac-10, but still behind other programs in the pecking order.

But look at what happened when Chip Kelly took that team over. Four years. 3 conference championships. 4 BCS appearances. Post-Season Rankings: 11, 3, 4, 2. 46-7 overall record. 33-3 in the Pac-12!

Rose Bowl (BCS)
BCS NC Game
Rose Bowl (BCS)
Fiesta Bowl (BCS)

He clearly took a solid program and dominated his conference and made the Ducks a national power while he was there.

And lots of Nike money being passed around.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

31to6

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 27, 2017, 01:21:22 pm
Look at Bielema after taking over for Alvarez. I think Kelly is a better coach I still question though how good is he really when taking over a program that has been down and building it up.
Quote from: 247Hog on October 27, 2017, 01:22:13 pm
And lots of Nike money being passed around.
Those are good points. But it is also clear that the dude can motivate and can coach a football team.

Inhogswetrust

Oregon was starting to get good under Rich Brooks but he had a losing record there. Then Mike Bellotti built them into the power not Chip. There is a long time ago connection between the two schools as far as coaches is concerned. None other than Hugo Bezdek. He coached at Oregon both before and after he did at Arkansas.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HawgTide

Quote from: twistitup on October 26, 2017, 07:38:02 pm
He is in need of employment....did great at Oregon....kids love his style

Chip may want to prove he can pull if the rebuild at AR

Thoughts?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/6/3/15725562/chip-kelly-college-coach-return

Not happening

bennyl08

Quote from: EastTNHog on October 26, 2017, 09:53:14 pm
Would love Chip, but the Arkansas job is harder than Oregon was.

No it isn't.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hogindasticks

I think this is a good fit for Arkansas if there was going to be a coaching change.   

hotdog hog

Chip Kelly would be the obvious choice if money wasn't an issue and he was interested. With more storied schools with openings, I see him looking for the best opportunity. Why wouldn't he? I think Sumlin and Gus would be more realistic if they were interested, but not sure they would be either.
I'm beginning to think we are going to sign young guy if we do anything at all.

WaltonCollege

If we get chip kelly I'll run thru the quads naked.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hoggish1

I'm available!  Why not me?

ipigsooie

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 27, 2017, 07:28:33 pm

Im down for streaking down at the quad. Well, as long as we can get some KFC afterwards. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 27, 2017, 07:28:33 pm

If you are Sofia Vergara I hope Chip Kelly gets hired today!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

COACHINTEXAS

It's pretty simple.....money talks and he's worth it in my opinion. We would be the talk of college football for the hire and recruits would take notice. Chip's offense is second to none and he cares about defense.
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

RedRover10

Ha!! In our dreams

B Ray

Throw 6 million plus bonuses

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: B Ray on October 28, 2017, 10:34:39 am
Throw 6 million plus bonuses

My fear is this is what may be extended to CBB.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

GoHogzzGo

Never gonna happen but I would totally give my left leg. Like seriously the whole leg.  ;)
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 12247 on October 26, 2017, 07:43:57 pm
Chip Kelly MIGHT be good enough.  Chip hasn't faced the caliber of play weekly, at the college level that he would face in the SEC. He wouldn't have the Nike backing here.  His recruits would not be as good.  Likely do decent but not at a level most on here believe.

We don't need Nike with $40.4 million in league money alone. Recruits would flock to him. This is the kind of hire we need to put some of the stupid ass excuses to bed.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Athog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 26, 2017, 08:03:55 pm
First off, he's not in need of any cash.  Why, he does television and is still being paid HIS BUYOUT from the 49ers.  Second, what makes you think JL would touch him?  The pink unicorns are running rampant on HV!

They are always in need of cash! He would be a good choice but not going to happen.

B Ray

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 28, 2017, 10:36:02 am
My fear is this is what may be extended to CBB.
That would set us back another 6 years, not going to happen without the UA losing 20 million in donations