Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, September 11, 2013, 12:20:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

I have to say that the linemen we're recruiting look huge.

Even though we had some great ones when Nutt was here, most of them didn't seem to have huge physiques. The big programs all seemed to recruit men, while ours looked like children. I remember constantly being disappointed, when seeing the first picture of a new lineman we were recruiting, because they'd have a baby face on them.

I thought this improved under Petrino, but nothing like we're seeing with Bielema.

Thanks for the update Richard!

RazorPiggie

83 Letters is just a little crazy. How do these coaches have time to sit and write that many?

rogers-hog

It's easy they actually work instead of seeing who can win a game of pickup or bang their assistants.

BigSexyHog

The A&M weekend is setting up to be huge for us. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HogsInaBlanket

Quote from: rogers-hog on September 11, 2013, 08:37:26 am
It's easy they actually work instead of seeing who can win a game of pickup or bang their assistants.

And boom goes the dynamite

TexHog188

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on September 11, 2013, 08:13:28 am
83 Letters is just a little crazy. How do these coaches have time to sit and write that many?

They are organized and have a plan.

They are not disorganized without a clue.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

booogaga

Someone correct me if I am wrong. But I think I read somewhere that the NCAA has a stupid rule that the coaches can only send a certain type and sized card to recruits. And that it has to be hand written. Which is why a recruit gets 20+cards at a time because the cards are so small.
GO HOGS!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: booogaga on September 11, 2013, 11:20:56 am
Someone correct me if I am wrong. But I think I read somewhere that the NCAA has a stupid rule that the coaches can only send a certain type and sized card to recruits. And that it has to be hand written. Which is why a recruit gets 20+cards at a time because the cards are so small.
Personally whatever the size card or letter it seems totally ludicrous to bombard a kid, any recruit, with a small post office full of correspondence on a daily basis. Gee, if I'm a typical recruit the fact that school "A" sends me 50 notes versus "30" for school "B" or 10 from "C" is going to make a big difference in where I'm ending up?. Yeah, I suppose one is ultimately showing me more "love" than the other two. Like so many other areas of the recruiting "arms race" some things have gotten totally out of hand and should be toned down. And don't say that just because you're an Alabama for example and therefore have a larger recruiting staff/organization the rules necessarily have to be stacked in your favor. Figure out a way to put a HARD and FAST limit in place for all programs, monitor it for compliance, and "hammer" those who clearly cheat or circumvent the rules. Then again, that'd require the NCAA to actually enforce their own rules and punish any and all violators equally BTW something they've   clearly shown an inability and/or unwillingness to do.
a

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 11, 2013, 12:05:37 pm
Personally whatever the size card or letter it seems totally ludicrous to bombard a kid, any recruit, with a small post office full of correspondence on a daily basis. Gee, if I'm a typical recruit the fact that school "A" sends me 50 notes versus "30" for school "B" or 10 from "C" is going to make a big difference in where I'm ending up?. Yeah, I suppose one is ultimately showing me more "love" than the other two. Like so many other areas of the recruiting "arms race" some things have gotten totally out of hand and should be toned down. And don't say that just because you're an Alabama for example and therefore have a larger recruiting staff/organization the rules necessarily have to be stacked in your favor. Figure out a way to put a HARD and FAST limit in place for all programs, monitor it for compliance, and "hammer" those who clearly cheat or circumvent the rules. Then again, that'd require the NCAA to actually enforce their own rules and punish any and all violators equally BTW something they've   clearly shown an inability and/or unwillingness to do.
a

Don't worry about it. You aren't and won't be recruited and you aren't and won't be a coach sending them.

PennHOG

Quote from: redeye on September 11, 2013, 01:10:06 am
I have to say that the linemen we're recruiting look huge.

Even though we had some great ones when Nutt was here, most of them didn't seem to have huge physiques. The big programs all seemed to recruit men, while ours looked like children. I remember constantly being disappointed, when seeing the first picture of a new lineman we were recruiting, because they'd have a baby face on them.

I thought this improved under Petrino, but nothing like we're seeing with Bielema.

Thanks for the update Richard!

Nutt had the fool proof, "let me see how you snap the ball" method.  Can't go wrong with that.   ;)
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: rogers-hog on September 11, 2013, 08:37:26 am

Or hump it down to sonic.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Expos22