Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 04:09:48 pm

OH MY GOSHHHH

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 20, 2017, 10:27:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MakingPlays

Quote from: jabberjawls on November 20, 2017, 05:25:29 pm
You guys can sugar coat this all you want, but he is shopping at WM with his girlfriend and she is shoplifting.  Are we supposed to believe that he doesn't know this?

She just got a citation, so apparently it wasn't something of significant value otherwise they would have pressed charges.  For all we know it could have been something like she stuck some lipstick in her purse and they caught her on camera and he didn't even know about it.  I mean, you think she told Jaylen ahead of time, and was like "Yea, just letting you know I'm stealing some lipstick when I go down the cosmetics isle."  It's his college girlfriend.... not his wife of 20 years and they know every single thing about each other.

It amazes me how some people are ready to assume the worst about somebody, when even the police admitted they got it wrong and got on TV and apologized and issued a formal statement apologizing.  But, no those facts don't fit the narrative that some people are looking for.

razorback1829

LOL wasn't his gf or wife or baby's mother. Geez guys.

MakingPlays

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 20, 2017, 07:36:32 pm
LOL wasn't his gf or wife or baby's mother. Geez guys.

sidechick?  LOL J/K.

I'm just going off of what everyone is saying she is.  I agree this needs to go to the trash, media already slandered Jaylen today, and I think now we're allowing fans to do the same thing, this thread is going no where.

Fan701

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 20, 2017, 07:39:56 pm
sidechick?  LOL J/K.

I'm just going off of what everyone is saying she is.  I agree this needs to go to the trash, media already slandered Jaylen today, and I think now we're allowing fans to do the same thing, this thread is going no where.

Please, oh, please, moderator, trash this thread.  Jaylen Barford has been slandered enough for today.

Iwastherein1969

Take a wild guess whether or not this would have made the news in Lexington, KY about one of their players who was not cited for shoplifting. This is why we'll never be sh#t again, because we get our jollies reporting on our own athletes. Our fan base and media is just about a stupid bunch.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Fan701

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 20, 2017, 07:55:04 pm
Take a wild guess whether or not this would have made the news in Lexington, KY about one of their players who was not cited for shoplifting. This is why we'll never be sh#t again, because we get our jollies reporting on our own athletes. Our fan base and media is just about a stupid bunch.
I sadly have to agree with you.  Here's a story about how Jaylen Barford did nothing wrong, despite initial erroneous news reports, and we fans, or at least some of us fans, have spent the day speculating on his criminality, based on really nothing, or at best very, very little.  It's crazy.  It's slanderous, and I'm surprised the moderator didn't trash this long ago. If I were Jaylen Barford I'd be po'd that the fans joined in in trashing him even after the media and PD had retracted and apologized. Maybe we don't deserve to have good teams.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Fan701 on November 20, 2017, 08:08:18 pm
I sadly have to agree with you.  Here's a story about how Jaylen Barford did nothing wrong, despite initial erroneous news reports, and we fans, or at least some of us fans, have spent the day speculating on his criminality, based on really nothing, or at best very, very little.  It's crazy.  It's slanderous, and I'm surprised the moderator didn't trash this long ago. If I were Jaylen Barford I'd be po'd that the fans joined in in trashing him even after the media and PD had retracted and apologized. Maybe we don't deserve to have good teams.
Makes you wonder

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 20, 2017, 06:47:03 pm
i must not be from the hood either
Smh relax man. Don't turn this into that.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on November 20, 2017, 08:22:37 pm
Smh relax man. Don't turn this into that.
I'm not, they were just saying that it's hard to find a girlfriend that doesn't steal, and I'm like I know nobody that has stolen or gotten caught where I live??
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hoglady

Heck - I was pissed at Fayetteville PD this morning when this finally got straightened out.
The police should really be more careful before making a public statement about anyone, especially a Razorback athlete. They are the ones everyone should be up in arms over.
There's no taking it back no matter how many times they apologize.

I thought then - well now half the fan base will think Barford is a thief.
It's a damn shame is what it is.
Fans should support the player.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jabberjawls

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on November 20, 2017, 05:29:26 pm
Just so there's no question:

This morning it was reported that he had been "cited" (not arrested) for shoplifting - that report was based on a release from the Fayetteville Police Department.

Later today, the Fayetteville Police came out and said that they were mistaken and that the person cited was not Barford and they apologized for the mistake - local television news had an interview with the PR officer who repeated the apology.  There was mention that a woman with him was the subject of the citation.

The police screwed this up.  Barford (also known as Bradford by some of the local media) was not cited/arrested/accused.

The rest is just speculation.  Has anyone had a girlfriend/wife who did something that you didn't know about and were embarrassed by?

I can assure you that if i were with her and she were shoplifting, i definitely would know.  Anyone would, and for someone to suggest otherwise is just trying to polish the proverbial ....

jabberjawls

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 20, 2017, 07:55:04 pm
Wow, just wow!

Martygit

Quote from: jabberjawls on November 20, 2017, 09:18:17 pm
I can assure you that if i were with her and she were shoplifting, i definitely would know.  Anyone would, and for someone to suggest otherwise is just trying to polish the proverbial ....

Well, ain't you effing something..................!!
RIP OTR, REV

jabberjawls

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on November 20, 2017, 09:26:53 pm
Well, ain't you effing something..................!!
Yeah, you should step up to the plate and be something, too.

hawgball40

well in general i agree, but a bit of anecdotal evidence, someone i knew once tried to use me as a shield so they could shop lift and i had no idea until he was getting arrested.

Martygit

Quote from: jabberjawls on November 20, 2017, 09:29:00 pm
Yeah, you should step up to the plate and be something, too.

Alma Sonic - tomorrow night - this time - tough guy
RIP OTR, REV

jjdlc

Well, up till now I just thought you were full of crap, now you've opened your mouth and removed all doubt.

hawgball40

(notOM)Rebel123

Ha! Yeah right...so naive.

https://youtu.be/LbaBkDlo1e4
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Fan701

November 21, 2017, 05:55:16 am #69 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:25:08 am by Fan701
The media has apologized.  The police department has apologized.  But our fans - some of them - will never forgive Jaylen Barford for NOT having stolen anything and NOT having been arrested.  What's wrong with some of you?  And where is the moderator to trash this thread, which has degenerated into some fans slandering a player and other fans offering to fight them?  Are there no moderators out there to stop the madness?

King Kong

Quote from: Fan701 on November 21, 2017, 05:55:16 am
The media has apologized.  The police department has apologized.  But our fans - some of them - will never forgive Jaylen Barford for NOT having stolen anything and NOT having been arrested.  What's wrong with some of you?  And where is the moderator to trash this thread, which has degenerated into some fans slandering a player and other fans offering to fight them?  Are there no moderators out there to stop the madness?

+1

Youngsta71701

Quote from: dalefromspringdale on November 20, 2017, 04:39:42 pm
I think my shred of evidence is the fact that he was with her.
Guilty by association huh? Sounds just like the court systems. Guilty until proven innocent for some but not for others.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jabberjawls on November 20, 2017, 05:25:29 pm
You guys can sugar coat this all you want, but he is shopping at WM with his girlfriend and she is shoplifting.  Are we supposed to believe that he doesn't know this?
So you have never been anywhere with someone that was stealing and you didn't know about it? I have. It happens believe it or not and when you find out you're like what the hell are you doing?!

Youngsta71701

How would you know? Would you follow her up and down the isles while repeatedly checking her purse? All of the saints in this thread trip me out. They must live in fairy tale land where everybody is 100% transparent and honest with each other.

Please take me to Fairy Tale Land with you. Please...

k.c.hawg

Or you could have been with your girlfriend and been 4 isles over from her when she stuck a tube of lipstick in her purse. Then, been walking out of the store with her when security takes her into cutody. Then you could have been wrongly accused in a PD statement and a media release. And then the PD would have been writing you a Letter Of Apology because they know they F'd up and are up Sh## Creek if he decides to sue them. Quit being middle class white guy that knows there is no way black guy didn't know his girlfriend shoplifted. I have been stunned 100 times over during my life, reading accounts of people shoplifting that no one would have ever believed was possible.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Youngsta71701

CareBear

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 20, 2017, 06:12:53 pm
My ex wife is a klepto and I had no idea until we were married. I caught her and told her to cut it out but she never did. A few days after our divorce was final, she was finally caught stealing an 8 dollar lock from walmart while buying several hundred dollars worth of stuff.
I feel ya  my friend. My last gf...a 47yr old,  beautiful, very intelligent, business owner...shoplifted on multiple occasions in which I had no idea that she was even planning on taking something. She wouldn't tell me or show me what she took. Well I found out after we split up that she had a personality disorder. One of the symptoms is impulsiveness & thrill seeking. There is an adrenaline rush, dopamine spike when they are stealing. That can explain why folks who have money & have a lot to lose would do silly things that could possibly wreck their career.
Go Hogs 🐖