Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just if.....

Started by LZH, September 27, 2017, 10:07:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

I am now convinced that anything other than a miracle, BB will either 'resign' or be terminated the Monday after the Mizzou game. Let's pretend this is the case.

The names (other than the Memphis coach and VaTech's coach) I keep hearing are Mullen and Venables.

Mullen has done a great job at MSU, and will have other offers sooner than later. Arkansas is a top 20 job...if it weren't, Jimmy Johnson and Tommy Tuberville wouldn't have lobbied for the job. Petrino and BB wouldn't have come here if it wasn't a great gig.

But would Mullen risk stumping his toe like BB did just for a higher profile job and a little more money?

And I have two questions about Venables. 1) why wasn't he offered the OU job when Stoops stepped down, and 2) if he was offered the job, why didn't he take it? All I can think of is he's waiting for Saban to retire, Dabo gets the Bama gig, then he takes over at Clemson.

I firmly belietve BB no longer has the support from all the big money grips, and Long is getting a lot more heat than we are led to believe. If this happens to be true, who makes the decision/hire and more importantly, who out there is the hotshot we need to be competitive here?

PonderinHog

ICEman

You keep hearing? I take lipoflavonoids for my I keep hearings.😉
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

mckinneyhog5

Don't want any of your crappy choices..Patterson is who I want but he wouldn't leave TCU for Arkansas. Let that sink in for a minute before your ego takes off.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

LZH

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 10:27:52 pm
Don't want any of your crappy choices..Patterson is who I want but he wouldn't leave TCU for Arkansas. Let that sink in for a minute before your ego takes off.

Who said any of those guys were my choices? I don't know much about either one of them. Just making an observation about why they probably wouldn't come if offered.

Have another swig and you'll get it.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: LZH on September 27, 2017, 10:33:33 pm
Who said any of those guys were my choices? I don't know much about either one of them. Just making an observation about why they probably wouldn't come if offered.

Arkansas isn't a top 20 job...again ego.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

sowmonella

Quote from: LZH on September 27, 2017, 10:07:58 pm
I am now convinced that anything other than a miracle, BB will either 'resign' or be terminated the Monday after the Mizzou game. Let's pretend this is the case.

The names (other than the Memphis coach and VaTech's coach) I keep hearing are Mullen and Venables.

Mullen has done a great job at MSU, and will have other offers sooner than later. Arkansas is a top 20 job...if it weren't, Jimmy Johnson and Tommy Tuberville wouldn't have lobbied for the job. Petrino and BB wouldn't have come here if it wasn't a great gig.

But would Mullen risk stumping his toe like BB did just for a higher profile job and a little more money?

And I have two questions about Venables. 1) why wasn't he offered the OU job when Stoops stepped down, and 2) if he was offered the job, why didn't he take it? All I can think of is he's waiting for Saban to retire, Dabo gets the Bama gig, then he takes over at Clemson.

I firmly belietve BB no longer has the support from all the big money grips, and Long is getting a lot more heat than we are led to believe. If this happens to be true, who makes the decision/hire and more importantly, who out there is the hotshot we need to be competitive here?

I am convinced of just the opposite. I'm hearing the RF power brokers are very firm behind CBB right now.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hobhog

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hobhog on September 27, 2017, 10:39:31 pm
Late night binge?
Yes, just wait..Gruden, Kelley, Saban, Peterson, Gundy, J Johnson will all be linng up to take the job. We'll show'em!

jst01

Quote from: sowmonella on September 27, 2017, 10:38:47 pm
I am convinced of just the opposite. I'm hearing the RF power brokers are very firm behind CBB right now.

Showing full support up until the moment they aren't. These people are highly successful pros in life / business. They don't go throwing around opinions outside of that circle.

LZH

Just saying. It was mentioned that if this is the best we can do, the buyout will not be an issue. Notice I didn't say "all".....mostly a current owner of an NFL franchise and a few of his cronies. BB has very little support from what I gather.

It's coming man, I am 100% convinced.

LZH

Quote from: jst01 on September 27, 2017, 10:49:47 pm
Showing full support up until the moment they aren't. These people are highly successful pros in life / business. They don't go throwing around opinions outside of that circle.

Exactly.

shotgun7

Doesn't the buyout stay the same until Jan 1st?

LRHawg

If there's a firing, it'll come after the new year.

buldozer

Quote from: LRHawg on September 27, 2017, 11:24:27 pm
If there's a firing, it'll come after the new year.
^^^This^^^

FBREW000

I honestly don't believe CBB will be going anywhere this year, or prior to the ending of the next.

However, even if he leaves following the 1st of Jan... we can have his replacement already inked in a contract prior to his leaving...

Hmmmm

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: jst01 on September 27, 2017, 10:49:47 pm

So, you're inside the circle that keeps their real opinions to themselves? When was your last circle meeting?
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Jimbob111

Hearing from your special sources? Believe it or not, I'm hearing just the opposite.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

BB didn't throw everything but the kitchen sink at the a&m  game to win it because of his health. He and Jeff are in a tight with the PTB.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 10:27:52 pm

Ask yourself why he wouldn't leave. It isn't always about the specific job for you or the location.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

moses_007

The firing will be next Sunday morning if New Mexico State beats us.

Foshodo

Quote from: moses_007 on September 28, 2017, 05:55:54 am

When he wasn't fired after Toledo I knew this type of scenario wasn't an option...

hogcard1964

Quote from: LZH on September 27, 2017, 10:51:52 pm
Just saying. It was mentioned that if this is the best we can do, the buyout will not be an issue. Notice I didn't say "all".....mostly a current owner of an NFL franchise and a few of his cronies. BB has very little support from what I gather.

I think it's already a done deal.  The sooner the better so the new guy can actually get some recruiting done. 

If Bielema hangs around until January, the recruiting will take another hit, with everyone knowing he's essentially a lame duck coach.

hogcard1964

Quote from: moses_007 on September 28, 2017, 05:55:54 am

True, but the probability of NMSU beating us is somewhere near .01%.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: LZH on September 27, 2017, 10:07:58 pm

Why would he be terminated after the Mizzou game when Jan 1, 2018 is less than 6 weeks away? Saving what - $3.7 million less whatever BB's actual salary is for those 6 weeks?

moses_007

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 06:17:27 am
It's not that low.  You wait and see.  Someone said they had the 7th best offense in the country.  They flat sling the ball around to multiple receivers, and they have a great running back (Rose) whos gaining over 100 yards a game.  We're in for a dogfight. 

ricepig

Quote from: ICEman on September 27, 2017, 10:23:41 pm
You keep hearing? I take lipoflavonoids for my I keep hearings.😉

Does that help?

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on September 27, 2017, 10:33:33 pm

Lol, you were drinking heavy again last night I see. Are you sure Gruden isn't coming, has anyone talked with Daly or his agent?

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on September 27, 2017, 10:51:52 pm

I told you otherwise.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 06:17:27 am

You guaranteed we would beat TCU. You then guaranteed we would beat aTm. You then said OKST would destroy TCU. Now you're putting us over NMS at 99.99%. Ya I think you know what youre talking about lol.

rhames

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on September 28, 2017, 06:30:19 am
Why would he be terminated after the Mizzou game when Jan 1, 2018 is less than 6 weeks away? Saving what - $3.7 million less whatever BB's actual salary is for those 6 weeks?

Because schools don't wait a month to fire coaches. Not saying he will be fired but if he is it will be after the Missouri game. The Monday after at the latest.

He isn't going to "resign" for a lesser buyout. If a they believe we need a new coach for the 2018 season Bielema will be let go and be paid the 15MM buyout.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

riccoar

This would make sense 3 games into the season.  And, Mullen can't do at Arkansas what he can do at Miss St.  That statement should be self explanatory.

Hoggie17

CBB may have the backing of the RF power brokers now but he will lose it at some point because CBB is not a good Coach and he will continue losing.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 07:17:01 am
CBB may have the backing of the RF power brokers now but he will lose it at some point because CBB is not a good Coach and he will continue losing.
No doubt, 90% of coaches end up falling into this position. The numb will either workout with wins, or the buyout numbers will work.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 07:10:50 am

Because schools don't wait a month to fire coaches. Not saying he will be fired but if he is it will be after the Missouri game. The Monday after at the latest.

He isn't going to "resign" for a lesser buyout. If a they believe we need a new coach for the 2018 season Bielema will be let go and be paid the 15MM buyout.
Yes but it is my understanding the buyout reduces to $11.7 million on January 1, 2018.

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on September 28, 2017, 07:10:11 am
You guaranteed we would beat TCU. You then guaranteed we would beat aTm. You then said OKST would destroy TCU. Now you're putting us over NMS at 99.99%. Ya I think you know what youre talking about lol.

What Bert should accomplish and what Bert actually accomplishes, are two completely different animals.

rhames

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on September 28, 2017, 08:02:31 am
Yes but it is my understanding the buyout reduces to $11.7 million on January 1, 2018.

Which is true and is totally moot if this is his last season. They won't wait till January to fire him.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Hogwild

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 07:10:50 am

Sometimes they do, Minnesota didn't fire their coach until Jan,  Cal also waited until January to fire Sonny Dykes so his buyout would be reduced.  Now those two schools aren't win at all cost programs, so it might not apply to everyone.

hogblitz

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2017, 07:42:46 am
No doubt, 90% of coaches end up falling into this position. The numb will either workout with wins, or the buyout numbers will work.
Are you still "dug in" to he isn't going anywhere?  Just curious of if your opinion has changed at all over the last few weeks. 

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 08:13:51 am

Which is true and is totally moot if this is his last season. They won't wait till January to fire him.
I don't consider $3.7 million moot. It is only a 38 day wait. More than likely the replacements being considered will be coaching a bowl game anyway.

rhames

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on September 28, 2017, 08:40:24 am
I don't consider $3.7 million moot. It is only a 38 day wait. More than likely the replacements being considered will be coaching a bowl game anyway.

Nope. If he is gone it will be in November.

rhames

Quote from: Hogwild on September 28, 2017, 08:28:21 am
Sometimes they do, Minnesota didn't fire their coach until Jan,  Cal also waited until January to fire Sonny Dykes so his buyout would be reduced.  Now those two schools aren't win at all cost programs, so it might not apply to everyone.

Minnesota didn't fire their coach because of performance.

Cal would be the exception not the rule.

Early signing also starts this year. Won't let him sign kids then fire him.

hawgon

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on September 28, 2017, 08:40:24 am

That's where the negotiation comes in if it happens.  If you tell a guy that he will be unceremoniously fired in 38 days no ifs, ands, or buts or he can leave now with X amount of money and we can frame it in a way that none of us look bad, he'll probably take the lesser amount unless he is planning on retiring and just wants as much money as he can possibly get.

rhames

Quote from: hawgon on September 28, 2017, 09:01:22 am
That's where the negotiation comes in if it happens.  If you tell a guy that he will be unceremoniously fired in 38 days no ifs, ands, or buts or he can leave now with X amount of money and we can frame it in a way that none of us look bad, he'll probably take the lesser amount unless he is planning on retiring and just wants as much money as he can possibly get.

No. If you tell a guy that he is getting fired he has all the negotiation power

Wishful thinking. Once Arkansas sits him down to let him go, if that happens,  there won't be any negotiating. Unless it's to pay a lump sum now as opposed to spreading if out.

hawgon

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 09:06:08 am

No. If you tell a guy that he is getting fired he has all the negotiation power

Wishful thinking. Once Arkansas sits him down to let him go, if that happens,  there won't be any negotiating. Unless it's to pay a lump sum now as opposed to spreading if out.

No, it depends on his ego and what he wants to do after. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 08:13:51 am

If he loses to USCe, I'd pull the trigger that next day.  The season would effectively-officially be over at that point and there'd be no reason to keep him on.

rhames

Quote from: hawgon on September 28, 2017, 09:13:11 am
No, it depends on his ego and what he wants to do after. 

Lol. Keep telling yourself that

Kevin

I am in the minority in saying I would be excited to get mullen.  I like his style of play.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rhames

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 09:14:50 am
If he loses to USCe, I'd pull the trigger that next day.  The season would effectively-officially be over at that point and there'd be no reason to keep him on.

Naw. He will be allowed to finish the season. Most likely he finds a way to get to six wins anyway and gets 2018.

jst01

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 09:25:14 am

Naw. He will be allowed to finish the season. Most likely he finds a way to get to six wins anyway and gets 2018.

Yep, what I think too. I could see the Hogs winning the last three SEC games. If the O-line and D only slightly improved, that may be enough to pull those out with two games at home.