Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What kind of an outfit they running over there in Morrilton???

Started by GusMcRae, June 08, 2015, 03:17:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

Jek Tono Porkins

June 08, 2015, 06:37:37 pm #1 Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:03:06 pm by Jek Tono Porkins
Unbelievable. So many things wrong there.

What kind of CFI not only solos a student without signing their student pilot certificate...but solos a student without any student pilot certificate at all? She studied Gleim FAA Test Prep? Which one? The lowest one they offer is Private and what does that have to do with first solo-ing? Half of the stuff on Gleim is cross-country planning. For a first solo a student needs to know the things in 61.87(b) which would have nothing to do with the Gleim software. Sounds to me like the CFI wanted to just have the student study on her own time with Gleim and not teach her properly. Besides, any CFI worth a damn knows you use Sheppard Air.

The flight instructor reported 27,000 hours of flight time. He's either FOS or senile.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Flying Razorback

Wow.  That's bad.

He may claim 27,000 hours.  But he may not be logging any more any time soon.  The NTSB probably won't be kind to him.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."