Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

430 WAAS upgrade complete

Started by GusMcRae, October 24, 2014, 12:03:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

October 24, 2014, 12:03:13 pm Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:00:07 am by GusMcRae
Short trip home with a tailwind from the Avionics Shop so I didn't really have time to do a lot of tinkering with it. 
Came in at just under $3800.  For about that much more (some promotion item, I think it's an Aspen product), technician said I could be compliant with the upcoming 2019 ADSB In/Out requirement, or whatever it is,,, still confused about it all. 
Told him I needed to heal up from the WAAS upgrade and the annual.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

john c

And by 2019 no telling what will be on the market.

bvillepig

Gus you will love those WAAS approach's.

I was given an ILS a couple weeks ago going into Tallahassee with ovc 750.

I asked for the Rnav GPS 18 and was given it.  It flies it on rails.

GusMcRae

Quote from: bvillepig on October 24, 2014, 04:14:19 pm
Gus you will love those WAAS approach's.

I was given an ILS a couple weeks ago going into Tallahassee with ovc 750.

I asked for the Rnav GPS 18 and was given it.  It flies it on rails.

Love the vertical capabilities on the GPS approaches.  Shot 2 different approaches at home base with CFI yesterday. 
Have a little issue with the upgraded unit communicating with my aera 560. 
Will have to take it back to the shop to trouble shoot that. 

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

bvillepig

Quote from: GusMcRae on November 12, 2014, 08:31:27 am
Love the vertical capabilities on the GPS approaches.  Shot 2 different approaches at home base with CFI yesterday. 
Hope you get it worked out. Take care

GusMcRae

Quote from: GusMcRae on November 12, 2014, 08:31:27 am
Made it by the shop Wednesday on the way to pick up my youngest son for Thanksgiving visit. 560 works fine undocked, connect the cable and keep it out away from the panel and it still works, get it close to the panel or snap it in the air-gizmos and the satellites deteriorate. Had the guys at the shop and a Garmin Tech all stumped. Garmin tech was an ass and was talking to the guys at the shop like they were smoking crack. Connected an external antennae and it works. So I have an external antennae up on the dash now. Whatever works.