Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are Blue Shirt and Gray shirt the same things? Basically walk on and get a

Started by Hollywood870, January 30, 2017, 09:30:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

OnTheHillHogFan

No. If you are a grey shirt then you enroll in school for the spring semester. But if you are a blue shirt you enroll in the fall
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hollywood870

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on January 30, 2017, 09:49:54 pm
No. If you are a grey shirt then you enroll in school for the spring semester. But if you are a blue shirt you enroll in the fall
Ok. Interesting. Looks like we really would benefit from an early signing period. Would help us from getting it handed to us this time of year.

SkeeterHawg

I also think the grey shirts has been recruited.  He cannot accept a scholarship until after his sophomore year or else he will count back toward his original class.  Blue shirt counts forward to the next class.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 30, 2017, 09:30:47 pm
Schollie later on? Or is it something else?

This explains it pretty well.

Gray shirt athlete– This term is used to designate a high school athlete who is delaying their initial enrollment in a college.  The athlete, usually an NCAA Division I football athlete (which is where the term began), doesn't enroll in college in the Fall immediately after high school graduation, but will delay enrollment until the Spring semester.

The primary reason has historically been because a university doesn't want to consider the football athlete to be an "initial counter" until the following academic year because they're already at their initial counter limit.  NCAA Division I has a limit of 25 "initial counters" for Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) teams, and 30 for Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) teams, during each academic year.

Blue shirt athlete– The practice of "over-signing" in the sport of NCAA Division I football has been around for a long time.  However, until recently, colleges often worked through those over-signings by convincing a high school athlete to start out at a junior college and then transfer later on, or to delay their enrollment for a semester ("gray shirt").

The "blue shirt" approach is basically the same as a "gray shirt" with one very significant difference.    Whereas a gray shirt athlete is delaying their enrollment at the university until the Spring semester, a "blue shirt" will enroll in the Fall, and attend as a walk-on athlete without a scholarship for at least the first semester.

http://informedathlete.com/old-shirt-new-shirt-red-shirt-blue-shirt/
Go Hogs Go!

snoot hoggy hog

Saw where Hayden Henry was blueshirting. I've heard of redshirting, greyshiriting, we even had some pinkshirting. Has anyone ever seen or heard of blueshirting? What does that mean? Does it float or sink? Does that mean that you need your colon checked?

Lanny

Don't know about blueshirt but Hayden deserves a scholarship over some the duds that did receive one.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hoggusamoungus

Blueshirts are a new trend in college football in which an athlete can pay his own way and go through team activities for a semester, then go on scholarship for the following year.

tophawg19

people keep saying he isn't fast enough . watch the video , he covers deep well and goes all the way across the field making plays . the kid can run
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

nwahogfan1

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on January 31, 2017, 06:55:59 am
Saw where Hayden Henry was blueshirting. I've heard of redshirting, greyshiriting, we even had some pinkshirting. Has anyone ever seen or heard of blueshirting? What does that mean? Does it float or sink? Does that mean that you need your colon checked?

LOL.  This is a new day in recruiting using lots of different ways to get kids on campus now.   Blue shirt is getting a kid on campus now, let him play now while paying his own way for one semester and then putting him on scholarship at spring semester.

Gray shirt is holding a kid out of college in the fall semester then putting him on scholarship.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 31, 2017, 07:13:15 am
people keep saying he isn't fast enough . watch the video , he covers deep well and goes all the way across the field making plays . the kid can run

They said the same thing about his big brother, yet his big brother kept getting open. For slow guy.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Youngsta71701

However we can get this kid up on the hill I'll take it. This kid is a beast on the football field. He can run, catch and will knock the snot out of you.  And his football IQ is definitely next level. This is good news to the ear.

Wynne has a kid on their team named Devonte Pounds that runs a legitimate 4.3 and Hayden was on him like white on rice in the state championship game. He could hardly ever get the corner on him. Sometimes it's not all about speed. It's about reading, reaction, anticipation, angles, want to and know how. This kid has football all in his blood. He just knows how to play the game. He's just a football player. He has that IT factor. His measurables won't jump out at you but he's always in the right place.

Although a 4.5 or a 4.6 isn't too bad for his size.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

DeltaBoy

Best of Luck to Hayden !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: Lanny on January 31, 2017, 07:08:22 am
Don't know about blueshirt but Hayden deserves a scholarship over some the duds that did receive one.

Duds?  Name names Lanny. Careful though you may get blocked on twitter.  ;)

ricepig

Looks like bashing.....

ricepig

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on January 31, 2017, 07:08:52 am
Blueshirts are a new trend in college football in which an athlete can pay his own way and go through team activities for a semester, then go on scholarship for the following year.

Not necessarily, blue shirts are eligible to be put on scholarship on the first day of the fall semester.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on January 31, 2017, 07:48:40 am

Lol...I hope he meant dudes. He needs to tread lightly. :D

tophawg19

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on January 31, 2017, 07:48:40 am

he can't answer he put himself on a 3 day ban for player bashing lol. i think there was supposed to be an e on dud making it dudes
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on January 31, 2017, 06:55:59 am
Thats only required for brown shirts

Pork Twain

A little early to call anyone from the last couple of classes duds.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 31, 2017, 08:24:39 am
A little early to call anyone from the last couple of classes duds.

I'm sure he meant to type "dudes" as opposed to "duds".
Go Hogs Go!

Pork Twain

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 31, 2017, 08:30:40 am
I'm sure he meant to type "dudes" as opposed to "duds".
There are several that I could see transferring next year though, as we might need to upgrade their slot.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Youngsta71701

Theolesnort

Amen Lanny. But then the Henry family might just be helping Bret out with this one?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on January 31, 2017, 07:08:52 am
Or somebody will pay their way.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Theolesnort on January 31, 2017, 08:45:53 am
Amen Lanny. But then the Henry family might just be helping Bret out with this one?
:-\...Hmmm...Good food for thought.