Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Go offer Tre Norwood

Started by Ccwaziya, January 28, 2017, 10:44:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ccwaziya

If Coach would offer Norwood, he might sign with Razorbacks....Its ashame we let in state TALENT GET AWAY

Deep Shoat

Yeah, we are really struggling to land DB's IN THIS CLASS.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ADavisTheGOAT

Why? We are about to land Calloway.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

theshiva

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 28, 2017, 11:54:45 pm
Why? We are about to land Calloway.

We also have a free spot open that was going to go to a DB with Stewart. If last year taught us anything, getting speed on defense should be a priority.

Slimac4

Quote from: theshiva on January 29, 2017, 12:23:40 am
We also have a free spot open that was going to go to a DB with Stewart. If last year taught us anything, getting speed on defense should be a priority.

Stewart had a spot cause he was a top 200 player. Norwood isn't and I highly doubt we offer him. We're pretty set in the secondary.

JackJohnson

Why don't we let the coaches decide who to offer and what we need

RazorPiggie

We have other needs than DBs.

King Kong

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 29, 2017, 08:00:56 am
We have other needs than DBs.

Yes, unfortunately just not a lot of options at those spots

onebadrubi

Id say take a flier on Porter before Norwood.

PorkRinds

Norwood isn't coming here. There are some hard feelings over the lack of an offer. A late desperation offer wouldn't be convincing.

CallThoseHawgs

There is a reason that Norwood and Thompson didn't get any big time offers until late in the process as schools missed out on their main guys on the boards and had to look for a backup plan. If we had missed on Curl and Calloway, then maybe Norwood would have been given a shot. Surely you wouldn't rather have Norwood than those 2?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 09:54:44 am
Id say take a flier on Porter before Norwood.
that's the plan it appears
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Bkhardicars

I had the exact same thought when I saw we lost out to Florida. IF he's a 4 star good enough for Oklahoma, he surely good enough for us.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Bkhardicars on January 29, 2017, 12:48:56 pm
I had the exact same thought when I saw we lost out to Florida. IF he's a 4 star good enough for Oklahoma, he surely good enough for us.

Because we offer based on stars... Besides when did he get a four star rating?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Bkhardicars on January 29, 2017, 12:48:56 pm

4 star?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2017, 12:50:57 pm
Because we offer based on stars... Besides when did he get a four star rating?

Probably "after" the OU offer. ;)
But not sure who has him a 4-star.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Muskliketusk

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 29, 2017, 10:57:17 am
There is a reason that Norwood and Thompson didn't get any big time offers until late in the process as schools missed out on their main guys on the boards and had to look for a backup plan. If we had missed on Curl and Calloway, then maybe Norwood would have been given a shot. Surely you wouldn't rather have Norwood than those 2?
Yet OU got four 4* DBs plus Norwood. Still trying a figure out how they the desperate ones looking for backups when they the ones with high school all Americans and our best DB is a maybe. Don't make no sense pretending like we the picky ones cause we got Curl then they just add another 4*.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Ccwaziya on January 28, 2017, 10:44:55 pm
If Coach would offer Norwood, he might sign with Razorbacks....Its ashame we let in state TALENT GET AWAY

Hard to argue with that logic.  Or he MIGHT not ... whatever

Fort Dweller

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2017, 10:55:39 am
Norwood isn't coming here. There are some hard feelings over the lack of an offer. A late desperation offer wouldn't be convincing.

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 29, 2017, 02:50:36 pm
Yet OU got four 4* DBs plus Norwood. Still trying a figure out how they the desperate ones looking for backups when they the ones with high school all Americans and our best DB is a maybe. Don't make no sense pretending like we the picky ones cause we got Curl then they just add another 4*.
I still think Arkansas should have offered Norwood.  That said, OU recruited him as an athlete and I wouldn't be surprised to see him returning punts/kicks and lining up at slot receiver.  He is a dynamic athlete who will contribute somewhere.

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 30, 2017, 10:28:53 am
I still think Arkansas should have offered Norwood.  That said, OU recruited him as an athlete and I wouldn't be surprised to see him returning punts/kicks and lining up at slot receiver.  He is a dynamic athlete who will contribute somewhere.

Unfortunately, we already took commits from about 3 with similar attributes. Good luck to him.