Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question About 247 Rankings

Started by colbs, January 28, 2017, 07:44:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

Arkansas is rated 22nd with ESPN, 25th with Rivals, and 27th with Scout.  The 247 composite ranking is 30th.  So where do you just find the 247 rankings, not their composite rankings?  If the composite team rankings have Arkansas at 30, then just the 247 rankings I would think would be in the 30 range?

factchecker

I'm not positive but I think it is the gray number under the composite.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Rating-Explanation-81574

Quote247Sports Ranking Contribution
247Sports produces ratings and rankings that contribute to the 247Sports Composite. These ratings can also be viewed along side the 247Sports Composite for a comparison.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

colbs

Quote from: factchecker on January 28, 2017, 07:53:35 pm
I'm not positive but I think it is the gray number under the composite.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Rating-Explanation-81574

So 247 has Arkansas it looks like at 22.  That means 3 of the devices have Arkansas in the top 25 and Scout has them at 27.  The composite rankings though have Arkansas at 30.

factchecker

Quote from: colbs on January 28, 2017, 08:19:03 pm
So 247 has Arkansas it looks like at 22.  That means 3 of the devices have Arkansas in the top 25 and Scout has them at 27.  The composite rankings though have Arkansas at 30.

I'm not sure.

I'm not a member on any pay board.  Maybe someone can get Otis or Andrew to explain where to find the ranking.

The differential might also be based on update lag.  Scout is notorious for not updating their ratings.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bubba's Bruisers

The underlying truth here, though, is all 4 sites are reasonably consistent with each other in the rankings.  We are about 25 give or take.  Like most years.  Not bad. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

colbs

Quote from: factchecker on January 28, 2017, 08:21:27 pm
I'm not sure.

I'm not a member on any pay board.  Maybe someone can get Otis or Andrew to explain where to find the ranking.

The differential might also be based on update lag.  Scout is notorious for not updating their ratings.
I'm sure it's more complex than the average of the 4. I just thought it was weird that all 4 services Arkansas anywhere from 22-27 but the composite was 30.

Cubbie08

Hogs typically are 20 to 25 range. Hence the hogs always seem to flirt around that area in the rankings during the season, or used to.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Cubbie08 on January 28, 2017, 08:59:15 pm
Hogs typically are 20 to 25 range. Hence the hogs always seem to flirt around that area in the rankings during the season, or used to.
way TO ENTIRELY MISS THE POINT lol.

Quote from: colbs on January 28, 2017, 08:32:35 pm
I'm sure it's more complex than the average of the 4. I just thought it was weird that all 4 services Arkansas anywhere from 22-27 but the composite was 30.
seems like we should be 24 or 25. It's weird. Regardless, if you throw out scout we are #23. Screw Scout, they are the worst.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang