Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

247Sports 2017 Top Arkansas Football Recruits Updated

Started by HOGS82, January 23, 2017, 05:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGS82

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/RecruitRankings?State=AR

Last updated 1/23/17

Some notable moves include:

-Koilan Jackson moves up to #2 in-state, upgraded to a 4*, and a 93 rating.
-Tre Norwood up to #4 from #9
-Akial Byers falls to #5 and downgraded to a 3*

You'll notice that the updates are only reflected on this exact webpage. If you click on a recruit to go to their profile it still shows their old ratings. For example: if you click on Koilan Jackson, his profile still shows he #4 in-state and is a 3* with a 85 rating.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Adam Stokes

Quote from: factchecker on January 23, 2017, 05:55:11 pm
What is going on with the Byers ranking?

You know how it is, you commit to Bama and you automatically drop a star. Wait a sec...

theshiva

Jackson is going to be really good. Him and J.Jones are the future.

ChicoHog

Only 2 4-star kids in the entire state.  Pretty sad.  Hope next year has some better numbers. 

Potosihog

The number 10 player in the state, 3* is walking on.  I am hopeful he will earn a schollie.  Seems like an undersized kid that has a huge heart and strong desire to play for the hogs.  Of course there are several preferred walk ons who will be battling for that scholarship.

presidenthog

Quote from: HOGS82 on January 23, 2017, 05:48:59 pm
http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/RecruitRankings?State=AR

Last updated 1/23/17

Some notable moves include:

-Koilan Jackson moves up to #2 in-state, upgraded to a 4*, and a 93 rating.
-Tre Norwood up to #4 from #9
-Akial Byers falls to #5 and downgraded to a 3*

You'll notice that the updates are only reflected on this exact webpage. If you click on a recruit to go to their profile it still shows their old ratings. For example: if you click on Koilan Jackson, his profile still shows he #4 in-state and is a 3* with a 85 rating.

I think we get chevin Calloway. I would take him and curl's size over Norwood's. I am not sure if he just blew up late in the process or if he was a guy who was borderline and other programs missed so they started offering. It could be a combination of both. Either way I like coach Rhoades. I trust his judgement and if he likes who we are on better I completely agree. I also as previously stated want bigger corners. That is the trend in the nfl and in college. WR's are getting bigger and bigger and we have to get bigger DB'S to cover them. In the BiG12 they have some big guys but alot are smaller quicker guys so this might be a better fit for norwood. Here in the sec we are playing against bigger WR'S for the most part.

The news about Jackson makes me super happy. I kept hearing how great he was. His ranking and junior year highlights made me feel like he would be a big guy for us in the redzone but I wasn't sure outside of that. I want to see his Sr year stuff but people say the dude is the real deal. I know for sure he has the genetics.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 23, 2017, 08:08:24 pm
Only 2 4-star kids in the entire state.  Pretty sad.  Hope next year has some better numbers.

And people complain that we aren't winning 10 games a year.