Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We need someone to recruit GA bad...

Started by HoneyNuttPetrinoos, January 23, 2017, 09:48:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I read where the 2019 class in GA could have more top 300 kids than Texas and FL combined..  That is the class where we COULD start with Texas guys in Brian Williams and WR Marquez Beason of Dunne and also qb Grant Gunnell of St Pius..

I mentioned this b/c of reports or speculation of RS being let go.  If our DL coach is going to be in GA recruiting, he needs to get his feet wet now. 

theshiva

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgwash

We already have someone recruiting GA bad. We need someone to recruit GA good.

navyhog24

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: navyhog24 on January 23, 2017, 11:20:48 am
That means we won't be getting any
Agreed. He's currently the weakest link on our staff
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

AirWarren

Georgia is a hot bed.

But why would a Georgia recruit pass up Georgia, Bama, Clemson, and Florida schools to come to the Midwest?

Tick Hog

Quote from: AP85 on January 23, 2017, 12:01:20 pm
Georgia is a hot bed.

But why would a Georgia recruit pass up Georgia, Bama, Clemson, and Florida schools to come to the Midwest?
Because we have the Catfish Hole duh

Wildhog

Hell, we can't even beat out USCe.  We had Kiel Pollard last year and USCe just straight up punked us.
1909/1964/1965/1977

AirWarren

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 23, 2017, 02:40:46 pm
Because we have the Catfish Hole duh

Yeah. I forget about long John silvers 2.0.

presidenthog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 23, 2017, 02:41:40 pm
Hell, we can't even beat out USCe.  We had Kiel Pollard last year and USCe just straight up punked us.

Joel Thomas reincarnated as rory seagrest.

Wildhog

Quote from: presidenthog on January 23, 2017, 03:39:33 pm
Joel Thomas reincarnated as rory seagrest.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what Rory Segrest has done to warrant keeping his job, but for the moment it appears he's safe.
1909/1964/1965/1977

go hogues

Quote from: hawgwash on January 23, 2017, 10:43:30 am
I laughed.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

26.2Hog

Georgia is a hot bed.

Very true.  Georgia has well over 10 million people and 26 four and five start recruits in the 2017 class, at least according to 247Sports.

Arkansas has just under 3 million people and only three 4 star recruits in the '17 class.

presidenthog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 23, 2017, 03:41:37 pm
For the life of me, I can't figure out what Rory Segrest has done to warrant keeping his job, but for the moment it appears he's safe.

Be patient my friend. Good things come to those who wait.

AirWarren

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 23, 2017, 04:27:33 pm
Very true.  Georgia has well over 10 million people and 26 four and five start recruits in the 2017 class, at least according to 247Sports.

Arkansas has just under 3 million people and only three 4 star recruits in the '17 class.

Atlanta and its metro is like Miami north in regard to solid football talent.

AirWarren

Quote from: Wildhog on January 23, 2017, 03:41:37 pm

I remember when he was hired most of hogville thought he was the second coming. A "real coach with NFL experience".

hawgfan4life

Georgia is a hot bed.

That logic would keep us out of FL, TX, and pretty much everywhere except Arkansas.  GA produces so many players many go all over the country every year just like The states of FL and TX.  AR has gotten recruits from GA at a decent level.  Getting into Atlanta is too easy to ignore.  We absolutely should recruit South Florida, Atlanta metro, DFW, and Houston areas hard.  These areas reduce more talent than local schools can take and there is a culture of recruits leaving state to play. 

NotSoFastMyFriend

Post of the Month candidate.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: AP85 on January 23, 2017, 04:35:15 pm
I remember when he was hired most of hogville thought he was the second coming. A "real coach with NFL experience".
Yeah I bought into the hype too, until I realized he was the Philly DL coach....and im a Philly fan.....and our DL sucked when he was there....

Wildhog

I was pissed.  It took like a month and a half to hire him because we were "waiting for all the bowl games and NFL playoffs to be over."  Then we hired the friggin' DL coach from friggin' Samford.  SAMFORD.
1909/1964/1965/1977

mizzouman

When Mizzou joined the SEC, Pinkel changed the recruiting strategy to hit GA real hard.  He took some TX resources and put them in that state.  It didn't turn out as expected. 

GA has great athletes, but trust me, they will go to GA, USCe, Clemson, UT or to an FLA school first.

Wildhog

Quote from: mizzouman on January 25, 2017, 10:11:37 am
When Mizzou joined the SEC, Pinkel changed the recruiting strategy to hit GA real hard.  He took some TX resources and put them in that state.  It didn't turn out as expected. 

GA has great athletes, but trust me, they will go to GA, USCe, Clemson, UT or to an FLA school first.

Truth.

It's one thing to find a recruiting hotbed.  It's quite another to find a recruiting hotbed that kids are willing to leave. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

JackJohnson

Speak for yourself as most I talked to were pissed.   I can't imagine why anyone would have been excited about replacing our best recruiter in Partridge with a coach that had literally NEVER recruited an FBS player in his life.

JackJohnson

This might have been the best post I have ever read here in 11+ years

The Hawg Marshal

There won't be anymore coaches leaving until after signing day.