Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kamren Curl is a HOG!!!!!

Started by factchecker, January 19, 2017, 04:01:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramboar

I'll be yo Huckleberry

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: secneahog on January 19, 2017, 08:34:22 pm
Juco Malik Young, that has a Bama offer.  Plays in the 3-4 and Paul Rhoades is on him.

Our biggest competition for Young appears to be FL. Young from GA so would be closer to home.

I'm tired of fight FL on non fl kids. Seems so strange.

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 19, 2017, 08:42:12 pm
Our biggest competition for Young appears to be FL. Young from GA so would be closer to home.

I'm tired of fight FL on non fl kids. Seems so strange.

Does he have a Florida offer, I haven't seen that anywhere.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on January 19, 2017, 08:43:02 pm
Does he have a Florida offer, I haven't seen that anywhere.

I haven't seen anything saying he has an offer. But McElwain visited him in person this week. So I assume it's serious. But I've been wrong before

ballinhog

Juco Malik Young, that has a Bama offer.  Plays in the 3-4 and Paul Rhoades is on him.

Yes that's it, thanks. I can't remember a class I've been more excited about than I would be this one if we finish with all these guys. Even better if we could sign 26 and get Thomas Johnston

Bubba's Bruisers

Is he a DT or DE in the 34?  I saw him listed at 285 lbs, which suggests DE, but he looks bigger than that in the pic with McElwain.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PorkRinds

Love that he stuck it to OU a little bit there. Wps!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

I have an aunt named Carmen. She is more of a kicker than anything.

WPS!!!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

secneahog

Curl will be playing cornerback

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Muskliketusk

You know them Gooners lost it when he almost grabbed there ugly hat. Have fun wit plan b cheaters.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

pigture perfect

Just watched the video. Love this kid already.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

COCHISE

cosmodrum

Somebody tell me we just picked up a ball hawkin head hunter...
Go away, batin'

MissippHog

oldfart

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 20, 2017, 05:48:00 am
Happy to see another Rougher coming to Fayetteville.

muskogee do you know anything about him personally? i know your insight on Robert Thomas was very helpful

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: oldfart on January 20, 2017, 08:09:32 am
muskogee do you know anything about him personally? i know your insight on Robert Thomas was very helpful

I don't. Heck of a player. I know that there is talk of him playing CB while he played Safety for the Roughers. 247 has him listed as "Athlete" when looking at who all Arkansas has offered, so who knows where they will play him? Just glad he is on board.
Go Hogs Go!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 20, 2017, 08:21:43 am
I don't. Heck of a player. I know that there is talk of him playing CB while he played Safety for the Roughers. 247 has him listed as "Athlete" when looking at who all Arkansas has offered, so who knows where they will play him? Just glad he is on board.

Which happens in HS.. you want your best athlete covering as much ground as possible.. his tape looks like he can cover one on one, so corner may be the spot in college... Just wondering, did you get to see him in person? 

Potosihog

Kid has some stones.  Wow!  I'm glad he is a hog.  But let's face it.   If that was an Arkansas boy picking up the hog hat and then choosing OU this place would be crashed.  Looks like a young man with plenty of confidence.  Gotta have that to be a good corner or safety.

Welcome Mr Curl. :razorback:

RedyorNot

Lol, that video is classic! Kid is bringing a big personality to that locker room as well as talent, glad to have him!

Smokehouse

Quote from: zane on January 19, 2017, 05:04:39 pm
As somebody that lives in OKC and works with a lot of OU fans, my heart is warmed by his trolling of the Boomers.

Glad to have him!

Fellow OKC Hog here. It feels good to be on the positive side of a commitment announcement!
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

secneahog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 20, 2017, 08:21:43 am

Corner.   CB. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: Potosihog on January 20, 2017, 08:34:23 am
Kid has some stones.  Wow!  I'm glad he is a hog.  But let's face it.   If that was an Arkansas boy picking up the hog hat and then choosing OU this place would be crashed.  Looks like a young man with plenty of confidence.  Gotta have that to be a good corner or safety.

Welcome Mr Curl. :razorback:

Better then picking a in conference foe
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

TrueBlue

We have been on the "other side" so many times on these announcements where our hat was picked up and put back down.

So glad that we came out on the good side this time.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on January 20, 2017, 10:03:59 am
Corner.   CB. 

Yeah, yeah, I saw that and read that but they aren't going to come to a decision as to a final decision as to where this kid should play until they get him on campus and put him through his paces. And, you never know who is going to go down in the depth chart. I think I even read where the kid said that the staff had been talking to him about CB. It's not really all that important where we think he will play next year, at this point. I'm just glad he is on board.
Go Hogs Go!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 19, 2017, 10:47:48 pm
You know them Gooners lost it when he almost grabbed there ugly hat. Have fun wit plan b cheaters.

Tag teams nicely with the uber-recruit from 2016 for OU who started vs Ohio State as a true freshman but recently turned himself in on robbery charges, Parrish Cobb (I believe). High-character kid in Curl - makes it even better.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

918sooners

Really good get for Arkansas but just to clarify OU knew they had no shot. He never really let OU recruit him due to them waiting so long to offer. Ou and most of the fanbase moved on from him awhile back. I don't even know why he had an OU hat on the table. He never took a visit.

Ou is also full at DB with silent commit who hasn't announced.

Don't get me wrong OU would've loved to have him.
Great player, wish OU would've got involved earlier.

PorkRinds

Quote from: 918sooners on January 20, 2017, 02:49:42 pm
Really good get for Arkansas but just to clarify OU knew they had no shot. He never really let OU recruit him due to them waiting so long to offer. Ou and most of the fanbase moved on from him awhile back. I don't even know why he had an OU hat on the table. He never took a visit.

Ou is also full at DB with silent commit who hasn't announced.

Don't get me wrong OU would've loved to have him.
Great player, wish OU would've got involved earlier.

He had the hat on the table so he could stick it to OU. Hog fans appreciate that.

bennyl08

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 20, 2017, 12:17:24 am
Somebody tell me we just picked up a ball hawkin head hunter...

Both Brown and Curl can hunt heads and hawk balls. However, Brown is the better head hunter and Curl is the better ball hawker. Probably why he is being looked at as a corner as well.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

918sooners

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 03:37:16 pm
He had the hat on the table so he could stick it to OU. Hog fans appreciate that.

But ou wasn't paying attention to his announcement so what's the point. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: 918sooners on January 20, 2017, 05:01:49 pm

Some OU fans in the audience were paying attention.  They cheered when he grabbed the hat and then moaned when he switched. It was awesome. OU sucks.

secneahog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 20, 2017, 01:08:22 pm
Yeah, yeah, I saw that and read that but they aren't going to come to a decision as to a final decision as to where this kid should play until they get him on campus and put him through his paces. And, you never know who is going to go down in the depth chart. I think I even read where the kid said that the staff had been talking to him about CB. It's not really all that important where we think he will play next year, at this point. I'm just glad he is on board.

Ok, we'll go ahead and post the link of Curl talking about playing safety at Arkansas.

I mean, my link is pretty current.  Looks like the staff is gonna put him at corner first. 

Of course we don't know where kids will be come spring practice. At THIS point, Mr Curl says he's going to corner.    👀

Oklahawg

Did your gooroos organize a donation to get Cobb released from jail? OU pursued and wanted a visit (so did OSU) but Curl told them he was going to UA and they parted ways. That makes it easy to say OU "had no interest" - of course they did.

When you are going to lose a true frosh who started (vs Ohio State - how does that happen at OU, a team with coaches named Stoops all over the staff?) you need to consider an extra body.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on January 20, 2017, 08:45:02 pm
Ok, we'll go ahead and post the link of Curl talking about playing safety at Arkansas.

I mean, my link is pretty current.  Looks like the staff is gonna put him at corner first. 

Of course we don't know where kids will be come spring practice. At THIS point, Mr Curl says he's going to corner.    👀

Don't be so hard headed dude, I said that he had said that the staff had talked to him about playing CB instead of Safety. He has good skills in jumping balls. Seeing him jump some of those you can tell that he is not only quick, but has been someone who studies his opponent and their tendencies. That's good news. He will be a great addition to the Secondary.
Go Hogs Go!

Muskliketusk

Its sure gotta sting to watch a recruit OU wanted bad pick the good guys specially when that kid is from a school that pumps kids to OU. Gonna be even funnier when we grab them safeties outta Tulsa next year like Proctor. Y'all gonna see you don't control eastern ok like you wish.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

secneahog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 20, 2017, 10:19:20 pm
Don't be so hard headed dude, I said that he had said that the staff had talked to him about playing CB instead of Safety. He has good skills in jumping balls. Seeing him jump some of those you can tell that he is not only quick, but has been someone who studies his opponent and their tendencies. That's good news. He will be a great addition to the Secondary.

Hard headed?  Bc I called you out on being wrong?    Nice.

The dude will be starting out, playing corner.   Case closed.   

918sooners

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 20, 2017, 10:03:27 pm
Did your gooroos organize a donation to get Cobb released from jail? OU pursued and wanted a visit (so did OSU) but Curl told them he was going to UA and they parted ways. That makes it easy to say OU "had no interest" - of course they did.

When you are going to lose a true frosh who started (vs Ohio State - how does that happen at OU, a team with coaches named Stoops all over the staff?) you need to consider an extra body.

I never said they had no interest. I said he told ou no and they moved on quickly. So everyone knew OU wasn't the option.

Read my first post on this subject.

Ou is full at DB now as their final commit hasnt announced yet but they would've loved to have him and would've taken him if he wanted to go to OU.

918sooners

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 21, 2017, 03:02:26 am
Its sure gotta sting to watch a recruit OU wanted bad pick the good guys specially when that kid is from a school that pumps kids to OU. Gonna be even funnier when we grab them safeties outta Tulsa next year like Proctor. Y'all gonna see you don't control eastern ok like you wish.

LOL proctor will be OU or Ohio St. Not Arkansas. I guarantee you if OU didn't come in late then Curl is a sooner. He also isn't an oklahoma kid as he moved here for his senior year.

Kid is a stud though.

Tulsa area has 3 pretty good safeties next year. Proctor, Fields and Jones.

918sooners

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2017, 06:08:47 pm
Some OU fans in the audience were paying attention.  They cheered when he grabbed the hat and then moaned when he switched. It was awesome. OU sucks.

Well I'm sure there were some as many go to that school but OU has been eliminated since day 1. He clearly didn't like the fact that OU waited too long.

Oklahawg

Quote from: 918sooners on January 23, 2017, 05:33:04 pm
Well I'm sure there were some as many go to that school but OU has been eliminated since day 1. He clearly didn't like the fact that OU waited too long.

Go the Frank away - you don't know what you are talking about. Trolling, and bad trolling at that, is not allowed on HV.

Ramboar

Quote from: 918sooners on January 23, 2017, 05:33:04 pm
Yea well you root for the worst team in college football bunch of thugs and Bob Stoops is an SEC obsessed little bitch. Maybe Kamren didn't want to be apart of that.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

presidenthog

Quote from: Ramboar on January 24, 2017, 12:16:11 am
Yea well you root for the worst team in college football bunch of thugs and Bob Stoops is an SEC obsessed little bitch. Maybe Kamren didn't want to be apart of that.

This guy has it spot on.

918sooners

Do yall get offended over everything?

Summary of what I stated
-OU wanted Kurl (I'll put that first since half of you can't seem to read)
- he told ou he didn't want to visit and barely let OU recruit him.
- OU moved on and almost everyone knew that. Ou isn't going to pay attention to a recruit that told them no. There was really no reason for him to have a OU hat on the table.

I've stated multiple times that yall got a great player and wish he would've considered OU.

Lol pathetic response.

918sooners

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 23, 2017, 09:37:06 pm
Go the Frank away - you don't know what you are talking about. Trolling, and bad trolling at that, is not allowed on HV.

Where did I lie?

Ou wanted him and he told them no early after they offered him. OU tried their best to get him on campus and he declined. So OU moved on.

He's a great player and a great pick up for Arkansas. I've seen him play a few times and he's impressive.

Muskliketusk

This exactly how I feel. Curl and a lotta others are starting to see through Stoops smoke and mirrors. Oklahoma  Ain't no place for a young man who wants to be better. It's just a thug factory and frankly some youngins want to be uncommon and they don't want to be at a place where money exchange hands and the kids always getting arrested. Glad we found a highly rated recruit that wants to do it the right way.

secneahog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 24, 2017, 10:53:51 pm
This exactly how I feel. Curl and a lotta others are starting to see through Stoops smoke and mirrors. Oklahoma  Ain't no place for a young man who wants to be better. It's just a thug factory and frankly some youngins want to be uncommon and they don't want to be at a place where money exchange hands and the kids always getting arrested. Glad we found a highly rated recruit that wants to do it the right way.

Spot on.

Brandon Martin impressed me also.

He talked about like after football, mentioned how many Fortune 500 companies are in nwa. 

He knows that he could be set up with a great job.   We can sell that product to recruits, we just have to have elite recruits looking for that.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: 918sooners on January 24, 2017, 10:39:17 pm
Where did I lie?

Ou wanted him and he told them no early after they offered him. OU tried their best to get him on campus and he declined. So OU moved on.

He's a great player and a great pick up for Arkansas. I've seen him play a few times and he's impressive.
Just let it go.  Some of these guys can't be satisfied with any outcome.  It can't possibly be that Curl just liked Arkansas better than OU or any other school.  It has to be that OU is full of thugs, or the Big 12 is a weak conference, or some such thing.  It always has to be personal.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 24, 2017, 10:53:51 pm
I mean, their class is ranked #6 in the country according to 24/7 so....maybe you're just a little off

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 25, 2017, 09:33:57 am
I mean, their class is ranked #6 in the country according to 24/7 so....maybe you're just a little off

Nah.....just means some are slow learners.....