Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

List of Visitors This Weekend

Started by colbs, January 18, 2017, 09:46:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

Does anyone have the complete list of all who is scheduled to visit this weekend?  I seen where 13 are scheduled as of now.

Scott7703

Curtis
Mclellion
Barkley
Jackson
Brown
Calloway
Stewart
Curl
Young
Epley
Hayden
Munson
Kujawa

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 18, 2017, 09:53:06 pm
Curtis
Mclellion
Barkley
Jackson
Brown
Calloway
Stewart
Curl
Young
Epley

Young is on campus now.

secneahog

Looks like they're bringing in all the dbs.  Love it. 

I got laughed at when I made a post about Brad Stewart visiting awhile back.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Visits
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

colbs

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 18, 2017, 09:53:06 pm
Curtis
Mclellion
Barkley
Jackson
Brown
Calloway
Stewart
Curl
Young
Epley
Hayden
Munson
Kujawa
Thanks

ADavisTheGOAT

I'd love to finish with

Curl
Calloway
Stewart
Young

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Hawg Life

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 18, 2017, 10:09:40 pm
I'd love to finish with

Curl
Calloway
Stewart
Young

I think we get Epley too. Kujawa is a walk on.

colbs

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 18, 2017, 10:18:43 pm
I think we get Epley too. Kujawa is a walk on.
can they count back 1 from last year?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: colbs on January 18, 2017, 10:33:55 pm
can they count back 1 from last year?
No. Right now they are planning on signing 24. Curl, Calloway and one of Young/Johnson for the DL spot.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

King Kong

Quote from: secneahog on January 18, 2017, 10:03:26 pm

I think a lot of that had to do with this article him originally eliminating us.

I think we are would love to be wrong with Stewart who IMO has the best film of any DB we are on. And that's meant as a compliment to Stewart and not a shot at our other prospects
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-brad-stewart-top-6

King Kong

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 18, 2017, 10:09:40 pm
I'd love to finish with

Curl
Calloway
Stewart
Young

Appears to be best case at this point

Scott7703

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on January 18, 2017, 11:51:48 pm
No. Right now they are planning on signing 24. Curl, Calloway and one of Young/Johnson for the DL spot.

They'll take 25 if they can get the ones they want.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: secneahog on January 18, 2017, 10:03:26 pm

Yeah, to think we wouldn't take a player like Stewart shows how much talent the coaches feel we have at the position... to be full so quick after so many years of trying to piece together a 2 deep secondary...

Understand it's a numbers game.. with other needs, but...

WooPig90

Add Hutchinson CC DL Gabe Richardson to the list

Dominicanhog

maybe we can borrow 4 or 5 scholly's from Tennessee, surely they don't need them all.. haven't they signed 150 players in Butch's 5 years?

tophawg19

i think we would take 26 if it's the right ones on that list
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

King Kong

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 19, 2017, 11:56:34 am
i think we would take 26 if it's the right ones on that list

I don't think we can. Michael Taylor, Tutt, Dylan Hays, Reid Miller and Randy Ramsey I believe took up all our spots to count back

Oklahawg

Quote from: King Kong on January 19, 2017, 12:07:06 pm
I don't think we can. Michael Taylor, Tutt, Dylan Hays, Reid Miller and Randy Ramsey I believe took up all our spots to count back

Miller was originally a walk-on. You might be able to give a one-semester scholarship and return them to walk-on status. Not sure.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

tophawg19

somewhere i saw where we could go up to 27 but the plan was to hold some but that may change with needs on Defense and new coaches and style 3-4 .

Dominicanhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 19, 2017, 01:30:03 pm
somewhere i saw where we could go up to 27

Now your talking.. do I hear 28, 28 anyone.. hey, you in the back?

tophawg19

RD will have to clarify the total . i know the 27 was from a thread where he was in it, but i can't remember if that was his number or another poster . been a lot going on since then

Oklahawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 19, 2017, 01:56:02 pm
RD will have to clarify the total . i know the 27 was from a thread where he was in it, but i can't remember if that was his number or another poster . been a lot going on since then

FWIW, if they are now talking 25 as the cap, but it was 27, might be related to Cornelius and Ragnow coming back?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RaisinHog

We could always ask someone to grey shirt or look.elsewhere

RaisinHog

Miller and Ramsey would not count back but do count against the 85 .. there could be some transfers .. that would open up the 85 I could see someone like Juan day or somebody going somewhere for more playing time

ricepig

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 19, 2017, 04:02:11 pm
Miller and Ramsey would not count back but do count against the 85 .. there could be some transfers .. that would open up the 85 I could see someone like Juan day or somebody going somewhere for more playing time

Miller counts back against the 2015 class. Anyone who is a walk on and isn't a Jr must count back to their original class, is my understanding. That's why the majority of guys getting scholarships from the walk on program are Jr's or Sr's.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on January 19, 2017, 04:17:57 pm
Miller counts back against the 2015 class. Anyone who is a walk on and isn't a Jr must count back to their original class, is my understanding. That's why the majority of guys getting scholarships from the walk on program are Jr's or Sr's.
Miller coming in early didn't affect this in any way?

RaisinHog

Your right rice I forgot that .. but If they want to take them they can find a way .. I know that is not coach b style and I respect that but I just don't see turning down.any good secondary players if we don't have too

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 19, 2017, 04:19:49 pm
Miller coming in early didn't affect this in any way?

Nope, had he received a scholarship back then, he would have counted in the same 2015 class.

tophawg19

January 19, 2017, 04:35:33 pm #28 Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:45:39 pm by tophawg19
where does Munson fit in ? he is really small for a 3-4 lb . edit- looks like he plays strong safety too. Kujawa appears to be a walk on candidate that can play full back too . Richardson , I'm guessing he would be a walk on ?

tophawg19

Epley looks the part as a 3-4 LB . good discipline and closing speed . seems to read very well and tackles well. he plays the whole field . even when not making clean tackles , showed enough hand /arm strength to finish tackles .

Dominicanhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 19, 2017, 04:56:19 pm
Epley looks the part as a 3-4 LB . good discipline and closing speed . seems to read very well and tackles well. he plays the whole field . even when not making clean tackles , showed enough hand /arm strength to finish tackles .

I missed the Epley discussions.. was there a thread recently? Bio, film?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 19, 2017, 08:38:46 am
maybe we can borrow 4 or 5 scholly's from Tennessee, surely they don't need them all.. haven't they signed 150 players in Butch's 5 years?
Problem is they've lost about a hundred of them during the same time frame.  :D

tophawg19

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 19, 2017, 05:06:28 pm
I missed the Epley discussions.. was there a thread recently? Bio, film?
post 3 has a link . click on it and then click on his name

Oklahawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 19, 2017, 04:35:33 pm
where does Munson fit in ? he is really small for a 3-4 lb . edit- looks like he plays strong safety too. Kujawa appears to be a walk on candidate that can play full back too . Richardson , I'm guessing he would be a walk on ?

Munson appears to fit a hybrid SS/LB ala Jerico Nelson or Ross Rasner.

Kujawa is a preferred walk-on candidate.

Richardson is a rush end (and we've needed one). Looks pretty good to me.

rljjr

247 lists Stewart as being "cool" on the Hogs and warm on the Gators -- who are getting his last visit. Is that up to date? I'm glad we're getting a visit to show off our place, but do we have a realistic chance? It would be nice to turn the tide on the Gators in recruiting.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: rljjr on January 20, 2017, 06:20:13 am
247 lists Stewart as being "cool" on the Hogs and warm on the Gators -- who are getting his last visit. Is that up to date? I'm glad we're getting a visit to show off our place, but do we have a realistic chance? It would be nice to turn the tide on the Gators in recruiting.
Sounds like a long shot. Not getting my hopes up on him
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Dominicanhog

Definitely a much different finish than last year.. especially in the DB area.. I know we recruit by territory but we really have a nice bunch of DB's committed and trying to add icing to the cake with 2 more... Thoughts on if CPR has been instrumental in this cornucopia of talent or just the stars lining up right this year?

King Kong

Quote from: rljjr on January 20, 2017, 06:20:13 am

Our Coaches are doing there best. But Fl has been his leader for a long time.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: King Kong on January 20, 2017, 08:03:02 am
Our Coaches are doing there best. But Fl has been his leader for a long time.

Yep, but this weekend he get's to spend his time with the LA Hawgs..could make a difference..

Biggus Piggus

CB Chevin Calloway, 5-11, 185, 4.46 Dallas Bishop Dunne - primary target
DL Malik Young, 6-3, 283 Eastern Arizona College - primary target
DE Michael Epley, 6-3, 255, Tyler, Texas, CC - could be offered if slot opens
TE-LB Tommy Kujawa, 6-3, 220, 4.62, Greenville, Wisc. - likely preferred walk-on
DB Brad Stewart, 6-0, 190, New Orleans, La., McDonough - longshot
DE Gabe Richardson, 6-4, 225, Hutchinson, Kan., CC - could be offered if slot opens

If Arkansas firms up Calloway and Young, this class is done.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 19, 2017, 10:32:27 pm
Munson appears to fit a hybrid SS/LB ala Jerico Nelson or Ross Rasner.

Kujawa is a preferred walk-on candidate.

Richardson is a rush end (and we've needed one). Looks pretty good to me.

Munson is being recruited to play strong safety, period. No linebacker involved whatsoever. Some recruitnik guys decided he was a "grow into LB" prospect months ago and never rechecked that.
[CENSORED]!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 09:18:33 am

even if Stewart said yes?  I know Rice said we wouldn't take 7 DB's....

WooPig90

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 09:19:49 am
Munson is being recruited to play strong safety, period. No linebacker involved whatsoever. Some recruitnik guys decided he was a "grow into LB" prospect months ago and never rechecked that.

There are a couple of writers who still think he will be playing LB for us

hawgwash

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 20, 2017, 07:34:23 am
Definitely a much different finish than last year.. especially in the DB area.. I know we recruit by territory but we really have a nice bunch of DB's committed and trying to add icing to the cake with 2 more... Thoughts on if CPR has been instrumental in this cornucopia of talent or just the stars lining up right this year?
I wondered the same thing about CPR. I just read Dudley Dawson's article (pay site) on Curl's commitment and it sounds like CPR was indeed instrumental. Seemed not bothered at all that Robb Smith moved on and excited about CPR's promotion. Based on that, and what is shaping up to be the best DB recruiting class I can recall, I'm optimistic CPR will be a difference maker in recruiting.

tophawg19

Epley is the Rush end we need . he can play the field side to side

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 09:18:33 am
CB Chevin Calloway, 5-11, 185, 4.46 Dallas Bishop Dunne - primary target
DL Malik Young, 6-3, 283 Eastern Arizona College - primary target
DE Michael Epley, 6-3, 255, Tyler, Texas, CC - could be offered if slot opens
TE-LB Tommy Kujawa, 6-3, 220, 4.62, Greenville, Wisc. - likely preferred walk-on
DB Brad Stewart, 6-0, 190, New Orleans, La., McDonough - longshot
DE Gabe Richardson, 6-4, 225, Hutchinson, Kan., CC - could be offered if slot opens

I saw Kujawa play against my boy this year.  He is from Greendale outside of Milwaukee.  Big strong kid who was the running back, racked up about 170 yds.  From what I saw he played faster at LB than he did at RB.  Hardly came off the field. They would line him up as a hybrid type TE in no back situations. 

parallaxpig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 19, 2017, 07:08:36 am

They'll take 25 if they can get the ones they want.

Question is as in years past will they leave slot open for NSD Calloway decision.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

The Hawg Marshal

I would expect at least a couple of transfers. We always have a couple ,everybody does.

tophawg19

there are several i fully expect to transfer out due to lack of playing time and being lost in the depth chart

King Kong

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 20, 2017, 07:34:23 am

All you have to do is name drop Revis and kids listen.

I will be glad when Partridge is back and can name drop JJ Watt as well