Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tre Norwood...

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, January 11, 2017, 07:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 23, 2017, 09:06:49 pm
Committed to the Gooners  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: Have fun in a crap conference never winning nothing.

Is this a joke?  I could have sworn I just saw them win the Sugar Bowl.

RME

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 23, 2017, 09:19:32 pm

To be fair, Musk DID say "never winning nothing" so...something about double negatives and all.

The kid didn't have an offer from us and he's going to a pretty damn good team. Good for him.

Muskliketusk

Wow beat a 4 loss Barn. They ain't competing with the big boys for championships anymore than us.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

theshiva

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 23, 2017, 09:55:10 pm
Wow beat a 4 loss Barn. They ain't competing with the big boys for championships anymore than us.

They were in the playoffs last year...

I don't mind darn talking old rivals but let's be factually correct. They are in a league above us at the moment. Hopefully we got the better of the trade with Curl and close the gap.

Muskliketusk

We'd have beaten OU last year no doubt about it and Curl gonna be the first Tulsa area kid we take right out from under there nose.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

nwahogfan1

The just verbaled to OU.

NotSoFastMyFriend

"darn talking"?

Really?

Can we just start using "crap" instead? Grammatically speaking, "darn" is a verb NOT a noun. It never reads correctly. It sounds like a big pile of darn.

NotSoFastMyFriend

theshiva

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on January 23, 2017, 10:35:40 pm
"darn talking"?

Really?

Can we just start using "crap" instead? Grammatically speaking, "darn" is a verb NOT a noun. It never reads correctly. It sounds like a big pile of darn.

I did not type darn. Some autocorrect wizardy on this forum.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: theshiva on January 23, 2017, 10:38:51 pm
I did not type darn. Some autocorrect wizardy on this forum.
Ah...got it. It's not just you, it happens all the time here. Very off-putting.

onebadrubi

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on January 23, 2017, 10:41:16 pm
Ah...got it. It's not just you, it happens all the time here. Very off-putting.

The forum has certain words it automatically changes.

yraciv

Best of luck to Tre, but I can't root for him now that he is a Sooner. Not one school I despise more!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 23, 2017, 09:06:49 pm
Committed to the Gooners  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: Have fun in a crap conference never winning nothing.
Never winning "nothing"?   Conference championship? Sugar Bowl?  Top 5 final season ranking?  I'll bet a lot of fans would trade the Hog season for the Sooner season any day of the week.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 23, 2017, 10:27:36 pm
We'd have beaten OU last year no doubt about it and Curl gonna be the first Tulsa area kid we take right out from under there nose.
You are out of your mind.

The_Boot_stops_here

C'mon man. Be reasonable. This isn't a good look

Shutup

This thread alone will show the intelligence level of this board. Saying OU hasn't won anything, or even implying they aren't head and shoulders above the Razorback program is just pure ignorance. We continue to miss in recruiting whether it be in state or out. And don't show me the rankings I do not care. The product on the field says all I need to know. 25-26 10-22 those are the numbers I'm interested in. Petrino according to the geniuses on this board couldn't recruit yet we won almost as many games in 2 years under Petrino than we have in 4 years under Bert.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Shutup on January 24, 2017, 12:34:39 pm
This thread alone will show the intelligence level of this board. Saying OU hasn't won anything, or even implying they aren't head and shoulders above the Razorback program is just pure ignorance. We continue to miss in recruiting whether it be in state or out. And don't show me the rankings I do not care. The product on the field says all I need to know. 25-26 10-22 those are the numbers I'm interested in. Petrino according to the geniuses on this board couldn't recruit yet we won almost as many games in 2 years under Petrino than we have in 4 years under Bret.

Just shutup.

Youngsta71701

Not to mention they beat Auburn. You know, that team that destroyed us 56-3.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

factchecker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 24, 2017, 01:13:55 pm
Not to mention they beat Auburn. You know, that team that destroyed us 56-3.

Transitive property isn't a good metric.

Oklahoma also got beat by Houston who got beat by SMU who got beat by TCU who got beat by us.

Auburn lost their QB to an arm injury (broken?) early in the game.  I still think OU wins the game but it would have been closer if not for the injury.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Ramboar

This thread alone will show the intelligence level of this board. Saying OU hasn't won anything, or even implying they aren't head and shoulders above the Razorback program is just pure ignorance. We continue to miss in recruiting whether it be in state or out. And don't show me the rankings I do not care. The product on the field says all I need to know. 25-26 10-22 those are the numbers I'm interested in. Petrino according to the geniuses on this board couldn't recruit yet we won almost as many games in 2 years under Petrino than we have in 4 years under Bret.
Yep, you should look at that username you got and comply. Real Hog fans hate Oklahoma and everything they stand for. F their on field performance, bunch of classless cheating thugs.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Youngsta71701

Quote from: factchecker on January 24, 2017, 01:15:40 pm
Transitive property isn't a good metric.

Oklahoma also got beat by Houston who got beat by SMU who got beat by TCU who got beat by us.

Auburn lost their QB to an arm injury (broken?) early in the game.  I still think OU wins the game but it would have been closer if not for the injury.
Good points. Football is a game of matchups.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Ramboar on January 24, 2017, 01:21:45 pm
Yep, you should look at that username you got and comply. Real Hog fans hate Oklahoma and everything they stand for. F their on field performance, bunch of classless cheating thugs.

you can hate OU and everything they stand for (whatever that even means) without being dumb enough to question the historical on field performance of them as a program.  It's an awful look.

Ramboar

I don't care ab the history of OU bud, recent things  tell me OU recruits trash and Big Game Bum accepts this to win football games. National perception of Oklahoma being a cancer in college football overshadows any win total they have.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Ramboar on January 24, 2017, 01:53:26 pm
I don't care ab the history of OU bud, recent things  tell me OU recruits trash and Big Game Bum accepts this to win football games. National perception of Oklahoma being a cancer in college football overshadows any win total they have.

Frankly, you sound ridiculous.  This all stemmed from someone saying that Norwood should enjoy his time at OU winning nothing.  This is not about perception.  This is about reality.  And judging from your response, I'm not sure you're living in it.

RazorPiggie

Please go look at some of Petrinos classes after those first two and see if any of those names ring a bell.

Ramboar

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 24, 2017, 02:01:26 pm
Frankly, you sound ridiculous.  This all stemmed from someone saying that Norwood should enjoy his time at OU winning nothing.  This is not about perception.  This is about reality.  And judging from your response, I'm not sure you're living in it.
My response has nothing to do with Tre. I wish him the best. If you look at this thread I commented a day or two before he made it official that he was a silent commit to OU. My response is you defending OU that they are some great school. OU back in the day was a good school. They are perceived in the here and now as trashy win at all cost thugs. Sometimes perception is reality.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Muskliketusk

I just can't believe a Arkansas kid got dooped by cheating Bob Stoops. I'd rather he went anywhere other than ou. They ain't got no morality and Tre deserve better. When OU is on sanctions from the Nixon deal and can't play in a bowl game don't say he didn't know.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 24, 2017, 02:27:28 pm
I just can't believe a Arkansas kid got dooped by cheating Bob Stoops. I'd rather he went anywhere other than ou. They ain't got no morality and Tre deserve better. When OU is on sanctions from the Nixon deal and can't play in a bowl game don't say he didn't know.

Watergate coming back?

RazorPiggie

On another note. Could we please get this thread either moved to General Sports or V&R? It has nothing but negative talk in it and we really don't want recruits seeing this.

Thanks!

Muskliketusk

Ou and Baylor both gonna get hammered for their slimy coaches keeping criminals around. Hide an watch.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 24, 2017, 02:31:07 pm
On another note. Could we please get this thread either moved to General Sports or V&R? It has nothing but negative talk in it and we really don't want recruits seeing this.

Thanks!

recruits don't care

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Ramboar on January 24, 2017, 02:11:26 pm
My response has nothing to do with Tre. I wish him the best. If you look at this thread I commented a day or two before he made it official that he was a silent commit to OU. My response is you defending OU that they are some great school. OU back in the day was a good school. They are perceived in the here and now as trashy win at all cost thugs. Sometimes perception is reality.

please point out where I referred to them as a "great school".  And again, the reality it, Tre Norwood has joined a program that is clearly superior to ours as far as on field performance is concerned.  There is no arguing that.  It's literally a fact.   

The_Boot_stops_here

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 24, 2017, 02:36:30 pm
prove it

It is known that recruits and recruits families know of this board. Whaleys uncle is a member here.

King Kong

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 24, 2017, 02:52:18 pm
It is known that recruits and recruits families know of this board. Whaleys uncle is a member here.

In addition K Garland dad has posted here. Josh Fraziers Mom posted here.

Heck Mitch Mustain himself posted here

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 24, 2017, 02:52:18 pm
That doesn't mean they care about what is written to the point that it has any real impact on their decision.  And most recruits, nor their families, are on message boards.  It's just a non factor.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 24, 2017, 03:07:17 pm
That doesn't mean they care about what is written to the point that it has any real impact on their decision.  And most recruits, nor their families, are on message boards.  It's just a non factor.

Now I agree that a recruit shouldn't/wouldn't base his recruiting because of what fans say on a message board. But on this topic we are just continually beating a dead horse. It's great that a local FS kid is able to go play in a P5 conference. But we are on higher ranked kids at that position and are in good standing with those kids. So everything that is being thrown around here right now is negative.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 24, 2017, 03:12:58 pm
Now I agree that a recruit shouldn't/wouldn't base his recruiting because of what fans say on a message board. But on this topic we are just continually beating a dead horse. It's great that a local FS kid is able to go play in a P5 conference. But we are on higher ranked kids at that position and are in good standing with those kids. So everything that is being thrown around here right now is negative.

I don't have any problem with Norwood going to OU.  He didn't have an offer here so good luck to him.  I also mostly understand why we didn't offer.  I'm just saying it's a dumb look to try to disparage OU and their status as a program just b/c an Arkansas player is going there.

jkstock04

Wow
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

factchecker

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 24, 2017, 03:18:23 pm
I'm just saying it's a dumb look to try to disparage OU and their status as a program just b/c an Arkansas player is going there.
I don't think anyone is disparaging Oklahoma because of Norwood.  There are a ton of Hog fans who hate the gooners.  Go look at the smack talk in the Curl commit thread.

Not everbody's goal in life is to be an unbiased sports analyst.   Plenty of hog fans embrace their bias and hatred for certain teams.

I don't care how much success Texas has as a program.  I will always talk crap out them and their fans.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: factchecker on January 24, 2017, 03:27:19 pm
I don't think anyone is disparaging Oklahoma because of Norwood.  There are a ton of Hog fans who hate the gooners.  Go look at the smack talk in the Curl commit thread.

Not everbody's goal in life is to be an unbiased sports analyst.   Plenty of hog fans embrace their bias and hatred for certain teams.

I don't care how much success Texas has as a program.  I will always talk crap out them and their fans.

Exactly right. Screw OU. Not because of Norwood, becauase OU sucks. Hell I talk smack to random people wearing OU gear sometimes just for fun. 

yraciv

Perfect summary! I grew up on the border as I'm sure many of you on here did, and we constantly had to read about OU in our local newspaper, cross paths with their fans, etc.  Maybe they roped Tre in since he is from my same hometown, but I can't stand those goons.  Nothing gives me more joy than when they lost a big game and I didn't have to deal with their loud mouths!

The_Boot_stops_here

Hate away if you like.  I have no love for OU myself.  But comments such as "have fun in a crap conference never winning nothing" is stupid, even beyond the grammar. 

kaki

Just shows you the intelligence level of the above poster, expecting you would not find die hard Hog fans on this board who trust that the staff did their homework and know what are the best options for their team.  These same fans may also consider that what Stoops is looking for and what the Hogs are looking for can be different from time to time.  Yes, I know OU has a good track record to be infatuated with, but some of us will leave that infatuation to Sooner fans.

Oklahawg

When you let chatter about OU dominate a thread about a non-recruit...time to shut this down.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra