Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The way to fix our Texas recruiting

Started by elviscat, January 10, 2017, 03:28:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: elviscat on January 20, 2017, 05:28:15 pm
Guys, there is enough talent in three states to supply our needs, Texas, La., Mississippi. Tons of talent we have to have coaches that build a long term relationships with high school coaches. We are not getting the job done.

If it were that simple they'd hire you to do it.  It isnt though, so I don't like your chances.

Jim Harris

Quote from: King Kong on January 20, 2017, 06:04:34 pm
Ain't nobody any good coming from Miss to Arkansas unless it's a JUCO. Never have never will

Never have as is actually never have? That would eliminate Lance Alworth and Bruce James, two all-Americans, for two, under Broyles. Then Emmanuel Smith, Robert Reed, CJ McLain, a few other Danny Ford targets who were high school recruits from Mississippi.
It does seem a lot easier these days to cross that big river headed eastward than it is to get them to come to the west side.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

WooPig90

Ain't nobody any good coming from Miss to Arkansas unless it's a JUCO. Never have never will

Not many, but Grayson Gunter I think will be a solid player here

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DLUXHOG

DFW population is larger than the total state population of 38 other states...... and.... it is right in our back yard, as well as the r st of the state.    You people are nucking futts to accept, and let a hayseed state like Oklahoma take first place in recruiting Texas, even over UT & A&M......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hawginbigd1

Most of DFW football sucks so........it really resembles LR in the quality of the programs in Dallas and Ft. Worth.

King Kong

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 20, 2017, 06:26:32 pm
Not many, but Grayson Gunter I think will be a solid player here

Gunter looks to have good potential. i hope he helps us win a lot of games.

But we didn't fight a lot of top teams to get him.

Hogwild

Quote from: elviscat on January 20, 2017, 05:28:15 pm
Guys, there is enough talent in three states to supply our needs, Texas, La., Mississippi. Tons of talent we have to have coaches that build a long term relationships with high school coaches. We are not getting the job done.

We are getting guys from Louisiana but they aren't highly rated recruits.  Ever time a local tv station or paper published their best two dozen, top 30, I don't see us listed.  But I know we have 4 guys committed from Louisiana.

So I went to 24/7 sports of the 4 commitments from Louisiana none had any offers from LSU, only one had an offer from LA Tech. 24/7 rankings have them at #39,#40, #50, #62 in the state.

JackJohnson

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 20, 2017, 08:52:40 pm
Most of DFW football sucks so........it really resembles LR in the quality of the programs in Dallas and Ft. Worth.

They are usually maxed out and we are about 10th in the pecking order.  Stay in Houston, La and S fl

pignparadise

Lance Alworth and Bruce James  both say hi.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

King Kong

Quote from: pignparadise on January 21, 2017, 04:36:16 pm

You are right. How am I to ignore 47 and 50 years ago

We should be dominanting MS recruiting right now

East TN HAWG

Quote from: pignparadise on January 21, 2017, 04:36:16 pm

Did u just prove him right?  You only had to go back half a century to dig two names up.  Hopefully, Gunter comes through.

pignparadise

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 21, 2017, 06:43:27 pm
Did u just prove him right?  You only had to go back half a century to dig two names up.  Hopefully, Gunter comes through.
yes I proved him right. Bruce James was the last when I was a kid and that was before Hogs had racially integrated.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"