Are we expecting more commits before

Started by Potosihog, January 09, 2017, 01:35:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jackflash

HogimusMaximus

HEard we are looking at a guy out of Oklahoma, a DT.

Pig in the Pokey

starting to feel like we'll never see a full class under Brit.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 11, 2017, 08:02:03 am

We should never need a full class

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 11, 2017, 08:02:03 am

That's what improved retention does.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

oldfart

if you get the right guys and develop with minimal turnover or misses you dont need to sign a full class.... 

hawgdavis

Quote from: oldfart on January 11, 2017, 10:28:23 am
if you get the right guys and develop with minimal turnover or misses you dont need to sign a full class.... 

Kinda makes you wonder when we will start getting and properly developing those kinds of players at every position. Not trying to throw off on the team here but the results of the last 2 seasons tell me were not so maybe we need to sign as many as we can to find what works. I truly don't think it's all lack of talent though ,I believe it has had more to do with poor quality coaching and player development. It's simple look at the mistakes that were made in the 1st part of the season that were still being made the last part of the season, in fact pretty much the same mistakes from the season before. No player development = poor coaching. I do think we need to sign the full 25 each year though to get depth and often time you get a hidden gem you weren't expecting. Just my 2 cents.

longpig

Quote from: hawgdavis on January 11, 2017, 11:05:36 am

Kinda makes you wonder when we will start getting and properly developing those kinds of players at every position. Not trying to throw off on the team here but the results of the last 2 seasons tell me were not so maybe we need to sign as many as we can to find what works. I truly don't think it's all lack of talent though ,I believe it has had more to do with poor quality coaching and player development. It's simple look at the mistakes that were made in the 1st part of the season that were still being made the last part of the season, in fact pretty much the same mistakes from the season before. No player development = poor coaching. I do think we need to sign the full 25 each year though to get depth and often time you get a hidden gem you weren't expecting. Just my 2 cents.

Signing a full 25 takes away the flexibility to land jucos and transfers as needed.  I'd rather us stay a few short than fabricate reasons to yank scholarships to make room.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgdavis on January 11, 2017, 11:05:36 am

So, you redshirt no one? You don't keep a scholarship for a Grad transfer? Do you just run off those you don't like? No one ever gets a scholarship from the walk-on program?

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2017, 11:17:32 am
Do you just run off those you don't like?

You help them find a school where they can get on the field. ;)
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2017, 11:31:55 am
You help them find a school where they can get on the field. ;)

We can't be spending all of our time finding homes for our players and coaches.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2017, 11:39:57 am
We can't be spending all of our time finding homes for our players and coaches.

Create an admin position for it!
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 11, 2017, 08:31:16 am
Who is it?

Have to keep it on the down low as he already has committed to another school.  He would be a big get.

Tusks

January 11, 2017, 11:25:40 pm #16 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:38:27 pm by tusked
 :razorback:
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

CDBHawg

Signing 25 per year results in 100 players over 4 years. Throw in redshirting and the number climbs to a possibility of 125 over 5 years.

So, signing full classes are great, but if done, 15-40 players over a 4-5 year period need to transfer/leave early/medical hardship, etc.  That's an average of 3.75-8 per year.

I know redshirting every player isn't likely, just giving the numbers.

Muskliketusk

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on January 11, 2017, 12:33:35 pm
Have to keep it on the down low as he already has committed to another school.  He would be a big get.
Bull corn. It ain't Evers cuz he ain't leaving OSU, ain't the kid who just committed to Texas and the only one I can think of is some DT committed to TCU and ain't neither a big get. I also gotta deed to a bridge I'll sell ya if you think it's that Thomas kid from Tulsa.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 12, 2017, 08:18:02 am
Bull corn. It ain't Evers cuz he ain't leaving OSU, ain't the kid who just committed to Texas and the only one I can think of is some DT committed to TCU and ain't neither a big get. I also gotta deed to a bridge I'll sell ya if you think it's that Thomas kid from Tulsa.
Say it ain't so cuz I don't not have a clue.

Richard Davenport

hawginbigd1

I think we get Curl, the Juco DL from AZ visit today and who else RD? ;D

Dominicanhog

Potosihog

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 12, 2017, 08:18:02 am

Richard just shot you down, hah.

JackJohnson

So in reading the thread it appears we have better retention and are smarter and have more flexibility then our SEC brethren since we have signed the least amount of players since B.ert has been here and yet are 10-22 in the SEC

So when does all of that start paying off on the field...next year?

Beaverfever

So I guess the consensus is we'll end up somewhere in the 30-35 range nationally?

colbs

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 15, 2017, 07:27:21 am
So I guess the consensus is we'll end up somewhere in the 30-35 range nationally?
Top 25

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 15, 2017, 06:37:34 am
So in reading the thread it appears we have better retention and are smarter and have more flexibility then our SEC brethren since we have signed the least amount of players since B.ert has been here and yet are 10-22 in the SEC

Sure, why not?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

TheJoeyBucketz

Long and CBB are just waiting until you die to implement their winning plan. I hate to have to be the one to break it to you, but it's the truth. I have a source inside the athletic dept.

You caught their attention and they decided that they would be darned before they let a fan like you celebrate a winning team.

So, it turns out that you are what's holding us back. Sucks, but we are gonna need you to take one for the team.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Redhogs

# integrity  ;) ;) ;)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

870hogfan

See that the negative posters from MMQB has found it's way to the Recruiting forums...

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 15, 2017, 07:27:21 am

I'll guess 25-30 like most years. 

imtad16

Is this referring to DE Markaviest Bryant?

Oklahawg

Quote from: imtad16 on January 15, 2017, 01:40:21 pm
Is this referring to DE Markaviest Bryant?

Did Malik Young visit this weekend?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 15, 2017, 01:58:39 pm
Did Malik Young visit this weekend?

Next weekend, we only had Hernandez, who enrolls on Tuesday, this weekend.

BirmingHam

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 15, 2017, 11:36:36 am
See that the negative posters from MMQB has found it's way to the Recruiting forums...
They go to where they can get a  more captive audience.  Too much competition on the MMQB.

RedyorNot

Hopefully R. Williams and Calloway (if he decides to come here) are staying in Damion Daniels ear. He'd fill the DT spot we had for Edwards at 6'2 315.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Oklahawg

Quote from: RedyorNot on January 15, 2017, 02:41:18 pm
Hopefully R. Williams and Calloway (if he decides to come here) are staying in Damion Daniels ear. He'd fill the DT spot we had for Edwards at 6'2 315.

Not sure we are in the mix.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

secneahog

I think this weekend, is supposed to be have some studs on campus.

I still really like our chances with LBer out of Alabama.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/thomas-johnston-official-visit-auburn

If RD can shed any light on Johnston, I would be thrilled. 

He didn't commit at auburn and Gus wanted him too. Ole piss and the NCAA looming is a big deal to recruits. Getting no bowl game would suck.

He really loved his trip to Fayetteville l
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on January 15, 2017, 09:24:06 pm

He didn't commit at auburn and Gus wanted him too. Ole piss and the NCAA looming is a big deal to recruits. Getting no bowl game would suck.

Well, Bret wanted him to commit after his visit for the OM game, and he didn't. I won't put words in RD's mouth, but I believe he said earlier we would take the first to commit between Johnston and Fisher, Fisher is in a dorm room tonight.

colbs

Quote from: secneahog on January 15, 2017, 09:24:06 pm

Not saying they wouldn't take him but I think they are looking to finish up with DBs and DL.  There is only 4 spots left and a few weeks ago the talk was they wouldn't take a full class.

WooPig90

Heard Bryant is going to be a midweek visit next week

Muskliketusk

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on January 15, 2017, 12:54:26 am
Richard just shot you down, hah.
You must be drinking son. Cuz he ain't named no names and I'll bet good money we don't get a one I named. Unless there is some big studs DL in that state ain't nobody know about I just see one 4 star and he ain't gave us as much as a sniff.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 01:59:58 pm
Next weekend, we only had Hernandez, who enrolls on Tuesday, this weekend.

Being reported that Young is on campus for today and tomorrow for his visit.