Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Montaric Brown Has OV Scheduled

Started by colbs, January 03, 2017, 12:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SA Hog Fan

Quote from: tusked on January 04, 2017, 11:39:33 am
I see nothing positive when the a 4* player from the state, that's already committed, visits other schools.  They are close to home so he's looking, not taking trips for fun, there's NOTHING fun in Stillwater.

Then you've obviously never been to the Tumbleweed

PorkRinds

I see nothing positive when the a 4* player from the state, that's already committed, visits other schools.  They are close to home so he's looking, not taking trips for fun, there's NOTHING fun in Stillwater.

Good thing he will be in Norman.

Bacon_Bitz

CDBHawg

RagingHawgOn

RaisinHog

Not true Eskimo Joe's is a pretty good timse

woodhog14

Quote from: colbs on January 04, 2017, 09:03:26 am
I have a feeling you have no inside info but you post as if it's a fact.

He knows a lot more about this situation than you think, I can assure you that.

Hogdomer

Quote from: woodhog14 on January 04, 2017, 01:28:31 pm

That may be true, but what he is doing is ridiculous.  If you know something, say it.  If you can't say it, don't come on here and tease.

woodhog14

Quote from: Hogdomer on January 04, 2017, 01:31:05 pm
That may be true, but what he is doing is ridiculous.  If you know something, say it.  If you can't say it, don't come on here and tease.

Ok

imtad16

Quote from: Hogdomer on January 04, 2017, 01:31:05 pm

+1

The only reason you do something like that is to look important.

Potosihog

Hypothetically a person cannot come on here and post information about a kid's grades.  It will get deleted and should.  Hypothetically a person could just stay silent and watch this board blow up when said kid chooses another school (which just happens to have easier admittance requirements).  Hypothetically a poster or two could come on here and "tease" as you call it to try and warn people of possible let down so as to not see this board go quite as nuclear when it happens.  Hypothetically of course.

But some people just can't accept that truth exist outside of their realm of knowledge.

imtad16

Quote from: Potosihog on January 04, 2017, 01:45:38 pm
Hypothetically a person cannot come on here and post information about a kid's grades.  It will get deleted and should.  Hypothetically a person could just stay silent and watch this board blow up when said kid chooses another school (which just happens to have easier admittance requirements).  Hypothetically a poster or two could come on here and "tease" as you call it to try and warn people of possible let down so as to not see this board go quite as nuclear when it happens.  Hypothetically of course.

But some people just can't accept that truth exist outside of their realm of knowledge.

Teasing won't limit the nuclear explosion. It only causes more hysteria pre-announcement.

ricepig

Yeah, probably would have been better to let it lay.

colbs

I just assumed so I'm probably wrong lol.

pork in the whiskers

He has his grades and he got a qualifying score on his last ACT. OU has been working him and La'Darrius Bishop  hard...  Bishop may wind up there after next year, but Buster is still firm to the Hogs. Okie lite has been his 2nd favorite school for sometime, even over 'Bama. The OU visit is not a certainty... he is in Fayetteville the week before.

Yes, there were things in the wind about possible juco, but that is no longer. He was tutored and practiced for his last test... it paid off.

al_pigcino

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 04, 2017, 10:35:41 am
Pretend you aren't a diehard Hog fan. Would you come here if your DC might get fired as the program is flying with two blown engines and no Sully or Hudson River to save it?
You think Alabama is going to lose a ton of offensive players because the OC left? 

imtad16

Quote from: pork in the whiskers on January 04, 2017, 02:07:08 pm
He has his grades and he got a qualifying score on his last ACT. OU has been working him and La'Darrius Bishop  hard...  Bishop may wind up there after next year, but Buster is still firm to the Hogs. Okie lite has been his 2nd favorite school for sometime, even over 'Bama. The OU visit is not a certainty... he is in Fayetteville the week before.

Yes, there were things in the wind about possible juco, but that is no longer. He was tutored and practiced for his last test... it paid off.

That is good to hear. Is his nickname Buster?

hawgnosticator

Hogberry Snortcake

There we go.

Hoggish1

Quote from: pigskenG on January 03, 2017, 04:41:06 pm
Name the former Arkansas high school football players who went out of state, and had a good career ?
I can only think of one, the rb that went to Memphis rather than sign with Arkansas. Also good NFL career.

You forgot keefe...

hogdiggity

Quote from: imtad16 on January 04, 2017, 02:14:18 pm

That is good to hear. Is his nickname Buster?

Yes, nobody in Ashdown that knows him calls him Montaric.

imtad16

Quote from: hogdiggity on January 04, 2017, 02:45:37 pm
Yes, nobody in Ashdown that knows him calls him Montaric.

Oh ok. Good to know. I guess that's a little like McTelvin Agim going by Sosa.

JackJohnson

So if he had not gotten the ACT and had to go juco Arkansas wasn't willing to sign and place him but OU and OSU were?

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 04, 2017, 03:03:21 pm
So if he had not gotten the ACT and had to go juco Arkansas wasn't willing to sign and place him but OU and OSU were?

You don't sign and place anymore, you lose the scholarship if they sign a LOI and don't qualify.

Redhogs

Correct. Our late season on the field debacles can and probably will affect recruiting at some point. Other coaches will attempt to use that against us big time.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RaisinHog

That's great !!

jry04

Quote from: hogdiggity on January 04, 2017, 07:51:39 am
Much bigger threats than you know.  I will be surprised if he sticks with the Hogs.
Originally you said his life long dream was to be a Hog and he will definitely be a Hog. Now all of a sudden you will be surprised if he ends up at his dream school in which he is committed to?

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 03:14:51 pm
You don't sign and place anymore, you lose the scholarship if they sign a LOI and don't qualify.

I know...I was asking if they were willing to potentially lose the scholarship and we weren't

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 04, 2017, 04:31:35 pm
I know...I was asking if they were willing to potentially lose the scholarship and we weren't

There isn't a scholarship to lose on him, so it's a moot point anyway.

Hollywood870

Hollywood870

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2017, 08:32:55 pm
You've watched him play?
They have this thing called the internet now. Anyone can watch him play.

Hollywood870

Quote from: PintailKiller on January 03, 2017, 08:06:24 pm
These come to mind:
Cortez Kennedy - Miami Hurricane - Seattle
Willie Roaf - La Tech - Saints
Steve Foley - ULM - Cinci/ Houston
Chris Harris - ULM - Chi Bears
Keith Jackson - OU - Eagles/ Packers
Leslie O'Neal - OSU - Chargers
Kevin Williams - OSU - Vikings
Deangelo Williams
Cedric Houston

Hollywood870

Quote from: imtad16 on January 04, 2017, 01:43:19 pm
+1

The only reason you do something like that is to look important.
Or maybe he doesn't want to put the kid on blast.

Hogdomer

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 04:40:47 pm
There isn't a scholarship to lose on him, so it's a moot point anyway.

Unless this entire thread of him taking visits is because of this "moot point"...

Tusks

So why the visits?  He's committed to his dream school and if it's just to take visits then why not Miami or USCw or Florida or Bama. 

I don't get this at all.  Seems like he's not sure.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 04, 2017, 06:05:34 pm
They have this thing called the internet now. Anyone can watch him play.

All of his games are streamed and archived, who knew that? If you're speaking to a Hudl account, everyone's is good, that's the reason they put them out.

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 04, 2017, 06:17:39 pm
Unless this entire thread of him taking visits is because of this "moot point"...

It isn't, it deals with recruiting.

JackJohnson

AirWarren

Quote from: Hogdomer on January 04, 2017, 06:10:54 pm
Then why post anything at all?

What's the difference in this than following and harassing kids on social media? That seems to be super popular.

Oklahawg

Hypothetically, you are correct. :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Ironhawg

southeasthog

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 04, 2017, 04:31:35 pm
Jack you use to post some good stuff but it seems now you have gone full negative. With the stuff we as have to be upset about as Hog fans, why are you trying to fabricate a scenario in this case? We've offered. He committed. What's the problem?

AirWarren

Please share with us. What is there "fun" to do in Fayetteville?

fullfan

Should not be hard for anyone who has been a Razorback fan for a lifetime.  It's as predictable as January rolling around once a year and yet still frustrates.   Mizzou and VT are just a microcosm of Hog recruiting...looks pretty good but doesn't quite finish.

longpig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 03, 2017, 08:45:47 pm
All incoming freshman requirements are the same for high school kids in big 12 sec, etc.  it is only different for juco, of which he is not

You sure about this?  Could've swore the sec had a math requirement the Big 12 and others didn't.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ricepig

Quote from: longpig on January 05, 2017, 08:57:21 am
You sure about this?  Could've swore the sec had a math requirement the Big 12 and others didn't.

Nope, that's for JUCO grads.

jry04

Quote from: AP85 on January 05, 2017, 06:40:22 am
Please share with us. What is there "fun" to do in Fayetteville?
I think you misunderstood what his comment was implying. He is saying he is taking visits to school he is interested in, not just trips for fun. If you are taking trips for fun, Stillwater isn't exactly a place you go for a good time when you are an athlete who could go to Miami, USC, or even go see a national title winning program in Alabama. He is committed to Arkansas, therefore it is common sense why someone would take a visit to their favorite school.

However, if you want to compare the two, is Fayetteville the greatest place to visit? No, but it is still in a metro of over 500k population now, with plenty of things to do in comparison to the town of 40,000 people in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma. Fayetteville is twice the size of Stillwater, and most would rather visit Fayetteville over Stillwater if given the choice.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: jry04 on January 05, 2017, 09:51:29 am
I think you misunderstood what his comment was implying. He is saying he is taking visits to school he is interested in, not just trips for fun. If you are taking trips for fun, Stillwater isn't exactly a place you go for a good time when you are an athlete who could go to Miami, USC, or even go see a national title winning program in Alabama. He is committed to Arkansas, therefore it is common sense why someone would take a visit to their favorite school.

However, if you want to compare the two, is Fayetteville the greatest place to visit? No, but it is still in a metro of over 500k population now, with plenty of things to do in comparison to the town of 40,000 people in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma. Fayetteville is twice the size of Stillwater, and most would rather visit Fayetteville over Stillwater if given the choice.

He didn't misunderstand.  He's back to grinding one of his axes. 

razoredge178

Its January 5th folks- don't expect this to be the last potential bombshell over the next 3-1/2 weeks. Imploding at the end of the season is a killer. CBB had a hell of a head of steam coming out of the last two seasons, and pieced together top 30 classes. No steam this year.