Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David Porter

Started by Hawghiggs, November 23, 2016, 08:26:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawghiggs

Does anyone known anything about this athlete? 247 has him rated as a 3* DE

Richard Davenport

Very good rush end. He has offers from Kansas State, Colorado State, Iowa State and others.

He could be a late offer guy for bigger schools.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 23, 2016, 10:58:50 pm
Very good rush end. He has offers from Kansas State, Colorado State, Iowa State and others.

He could be a late offer guy for bigger schools.

Thank you.

AirWarren

Be a lot of athletes on the field tmrw night in Warren for the Lumberjacks/senators game.

PintailKiller

Plays for Joe T Robinson. 
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

parallaxpig

Might not be out of picture yet....
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 27, 2017, 02:11:46 pm

I've read from a coach of his that he still has some work to do in the classroom, or reported to be a coach. CSU was willing to take the chance.

The_Boot_stops_here

Didn't Texas offer him a couple weeks back?

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 03:26:59 pm
Didn't Texas offer him a couple weeks back?

Yes, but they weren't willing to take the chance. Both CSU and Rutgers were, and he went with CSU.

parallaxpig

Let's wait and see what happens.....
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Hollywood870

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 27, 2017, 02:11:46 pm
Been hoping that we would take Porter since last summer.

Ramboar

This may now be more of a possibility. I do like Porter though.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

imtad16

I say we do it. I always like seeing a K-State offer. If Bill Snyder sees something there could be something.

Ramboar

Quote from: imtad16 on January 27, 2017, 06:34:40 pm
I say we do it. I always like seeing a K-State offer. If Bill Snyder sees something there could be something.
I concur.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

jgphillips3

If Troy James flips, take a shot.  At least he's an Arkansas kid.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 28, 2017, 05:26:51 am
If Troy James flips, take a shot.  At least he's an Arkansas kid.

Well, he already did....yesterday

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 28, 2017, 07:25:48 am
Well, he already did....yesterday

A "flip" implies a commit. He decomitted from us, which isn't a good sign, but according to 247 he hasn't committed to Oklahoma, yet.
Go Hogs Go!

King Kong

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 28, 2017, 07:39:24 am
A "flip" implies a commit. He decomitted from us, which isn't a good sign, but according to 247 he hasn't committed to Oklahoma, yet.

Hoping for a Jared Cornelius? At least our best recruiter is on him. But without a CBB visit left I'm doubtful. Maybe Paul Rhoads +Smith can get it done

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on January 28, 2017, 07:53:05 am
Hoping for a Jared Cornelius? At least our best recruiter is on him. But without a CBB visit left I'm doubtful. Maybe Paul Rhoads +Smith can get it done

Well, he lied to his lead recruiter on Thursday, telling him he was still 100% committed, while failing to mention he was in Norman while they were talking, or so the story goes. I don't see this ship coming back to port.

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 08:14:14 am
Well, he lied to his lead recruiter on Thursday, telling him he was still 100% committed, while failing to mention he was in Norman while they were talking, or so the story goes. I don't see this ship coming back to port.

Who is his lead recruiter?

luke hawg

Rice pig would you not agree this is why a early signing period is so important for us. I think bielema is great a evaluating talent but you have to trust a 17 yr old for 4-6 months. The kids have way too much power.

ricepig

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 28, 2017, 08:15:48 am
Who is his lead recruiter?

It appears to be Michael Smith with Segrest as the Secondary.
Go Hogs Go!

JackJohnson

Well, he lied to his lead recruiter on Thursday, telling him he was still 100% committed, while failing to mention he was in Norman while they were talking,

That's definitely uncommon

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 28, 2017, 08:25:05 am
It appears to be Michael Smith with Segrest as the Secondary.

So, Michael Smith really....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 28, 2017, 08:27:09 am
So, Michael Smith really....

Well, yeah. As Ricepig stated above, he's a Louisiana kid and that is part of Smith's territory.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: luke hawg on January 28, 2017, 08:21:59 am
Rice pig would you not agree this is why a early signing period is so important for us. I think bielema is great a evaluating talent but you have to trust a 17 yr old for 4-6 months. The kids have way too much power.

I think it will help everyone who has a played 100% ready to commit. We've flipped some guys late, and have had some flipped.

grayhawg

After that little stunt he may not be welcome if he decides to come back/

hogsfan31

It would def help keep Dline commits on board if their position coach was even a decent recruiter. If James wants to go to Norman, let him go. I blame the staff for only having 1 Dline commit and it being this close to NSD. Even if we aren't, it gives the conclusion that we are scrambling for a Dline commit and Jucos. Even if we end up with 3 JUCO DL, are they all going to contribute or are we reaching on any of them, and in the end this is going to hurt us down the road depth wise.

ricepig

Quote from: hogsfan31 on January 28, 2017, 09:37:22 am
It would def help keep Dline commits on board if their position coach was even a decent recruiter. If James wants to go to Norman, let him go. I blame the staff for only having 1 Dline commit and it being this close to NSD. Even if we aren't, it gives the conclusion that we are scrambling for a Dline commit and Jucos. Even if we end up with 3 JUCO DL, are they all going to contribute or are we reaching on any of them, and in the end this is going to hurt us down the road depth wise.

I agree, losing a commit happens all the time, but not having a proven recruiter on that side of the ball is inexcusable.

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 09:43:34 am
I agree, losing a commit happens all the time, but not having a proven recruiter on that side of the ball is inexcusable.

So is CP coming back a real possibility?

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 28, 2017, 10:04:39 am
So is CP coming back a real possibility?

Honestly, I don't have any idea anymore, lol. He hasn't gone anywhere else yet, so yeah, it's still a good possibility.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 09:43:34 am

If you don't like it become a HC or AD then, lol.  It's his staff he will hire who he wants and sink or swim with them.  Nothing we can do about it so quit complaining

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 28, 2017, 10:45:22 am
If you don't like it become a HC or AD then, lol.  It's his staff he will hire who he wants and sink or swim with them.  Nothing we can do about it so quit complaining

I applaud your new approach on this, I'm sure it comes straight from the heart.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: luke hawg on January 28, 2017, 08:21:59 am

Over... their own future?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 10:50:16 am
I applaud your new approach on this, I'm sure it comes straight from the heart.

It came straight from your replies to my posts in the last few weeks...

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 28, 2017, 10:56:22 am
It came straight from your replies to my posts in the last few weeks...

Good, glad to see I have converted you.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 10:58:04 am
Good, glad to see I have converted you.

I was taking it as I converted you unless you meant you converted me to being a contrarian on all my posts

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 28, 2017, 11:02:44 am
I was taking it as I converted you unless you meant you converted me to being a contrarian on all my posts

As usual, your take is all wrong.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 11:23:19 am
As usual, your take is all wrong.

But I am agreeing with you so we both can't be wrong

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 28, 2017, 11:27:58 am
But I am agreeing with you so we both can't be wrong

That's not what my wife says.

Wildhog

Glad to see you two getting along, finally.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2017, 12:31:30 pm
Glad to see you two getting along, finally.

That means a lot coming from you, appreciate it. So, now that we have our OL numbers up, could you put in a word on a couple of DL for next year?

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 12:46:52 pm
That means a lot coming from you, appreciate it. So, now that we have our OL numbers up, could you put in a word on a couple of DL for next year?

We signed 5 DL last year and may be going to a 3-4.  Pretty sure if the coaches thought we needed more DL they would have Went after them

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 28, 2017, 12:51:24 pm
We signed 5 DL last year and may be going to a 3-4.  Pretty sure if the coaches thought we needed more DL they would have Went after them

For the 2018 class? And that would have been, "have gone" after them.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 12:59:31 pm
For the 2018 class? And that would have been, "have gone" after them.

How about we let the coaches decide what kind of numbers they need for each position in the 2018 class

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 28, 2017, 01:09:17 pm
How about we let the coaches decide what kind of numbers they need for each position in the 2018 class
Now, what fun would that be, I know better than any coach on the staff, burp.....

Porkatarian

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 28, 2017, 01:09:17 pm

Don't let that dbag Ricepig bother you.  He gets info from all the pay boards and then pretends to be an insider on here.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

ricepig

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 29, 2017, 12:06:31 am
Don't let that dbag Ricepig bother you.  He gets info from all the pay boards and then pretends to be an insider on here.

Porkatarian out...

Classy

SemperFi

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 29, 2017, 12:06:31 am

Porkatarian out...

Say it ain't so ricepig! My vision of you doing your best Carnac the Magnificient is now shot to pieces.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan