Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That movie "Miracle" it could happen here ...

Started by Lao Tsuie, February 20, 2018, 03:34:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lao Tsuie

I just watched the movie Miracle for the third time instead of watching the live Olympics...
And, working the boys was Central to winning .....

Thoughts ....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Sure it could happen here. I would love nothing more than to see a natty and then a top 5 recruiting class in 1 year. It would flabbergast the hell outta some folks on here, and the rest of us would party hard. Then I could go ahead and die a happy man.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Lao Tsuie

We beat the greatest skating team on the face of the Earth for a generation with conditioning ...
They skated with the Soviets in the fourth period and beat them...

This cat reminds me of Herb Brooks... someone who took no names into Immortality ok, I have to get up early....luv y'all....

GoHogzzGo

If we do, it would make one helluva movie that's for sure.

And I really like that Miracle movie good call. The legs feed the wolf.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

welchog

Quote from: Lao Tsuie on February 20, 2018, 03:55:07 pm

They skated with the Soviets in the fourth period and beat them...

Not quite.  😁

PORKULATOR

Lau Tsuie... There's no 4th period in Hockey. Other than that... Well stated. Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

welchog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 20, 2018, 04:26:13 pm
I'm hip. 😉

Not quite as bad as the Germans bombing PH or Grant running over Lee at Gettysburg...but funny nonetheless.

Lao Tsuie

Right, Hockey is two halves like basketball.....I was equating it to football, which .....

I shouldn't have done .....

Boarmonger

Quote from: Lao Tsuie on February 20, 2018, 04:58:08 pm
Right, Hockey is two halves like basketball.....I was equating it to football, which .....

I shouldn't have done .....

Hockey has three periods.

liljo

Yes, I've already dreamed up the story here. The Hogs go something like 7-5, or 8-4 next year with a bowl game. Along the way, they discover those other teams have to put on all their pads the same way they do. They discover that, while those other teams have some great players, so do they.

The season ends with a bowl game that provides some extra practices and exposure. The coaches put together an outstanding recruiting class that includes some bonafide difference makers like Mr. Burks & Company, right out of Arkansas. They pick up multiple excellent recruits out of Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisiana, and other places. They pick up some serious talent out of Memphis as well.

Season Two, not that big a jump in terms of wins-losses from Year One, but anybody who watches football can tell these Hogs are a Whole Different Animal than the 2016-2017 bunch. These Hogs have Big Teeth. Another Bowl. Another great recruiting class.

Season Three, many of this team's best players are Sophomores and Juniors, but there are some RS Freshman that are outstanding as well. Fans can fully expect that, each and every week, the Razorbacks have a real chance of winning the game. In the SECW, it's really hard to predict W-L records. Everybody else is trying hard, too. Everyone else is recruiting and working. But I think the vision this staff has is going to bring in a lot of top talent. As long as we are fiery, competitive, and giving it our all, I think the W's and L's will take care of themselves.

Season Four: It's on. From kickoff to final whistle, we gonna see the Rampagin' Razorbacks and the hills are gonna be echoing with WOOOOO PIG SOUEEEE!

Yes sir, what a story that would be! I remember hearing somebody one time saying, "Hockey's weird. They only play three QUARTERS!"  ;D

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Lao Tsuie

Great post ....will youse consecrate more on how many periods are in a hockey game ....

Point being, ahh darn what was the point---oh yes ....

The Footbll team ... my Question  was with the proper training

Can we beat the Shiite right out or them ....

Pork Ranger

Lao Tsuie

We are going to hit them so hard and fast they will quit or slow ...
Alabama don't quit or s low ....because they are more conditioned....
They beat you in the fourth quarter .... no one can stay with Nicks  conditioning program  ... .

Tarheelhawg

Okay, optimism is a pre-requisite for building a winning program: we will win!!!
I believe in this staff; it won't happen over night but it will happen!! You are not trolling me; I know what is required to win in life.

jbigs77

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Boarmonger

LZH

oldfart

how are texas a&m coeds like a hockey team?             

they all shower after the third period

HardCore

Quote from: jbigs77 on February 20, 2018, 06:56:17 pm
The Cubs did it, why cant we? Go Hogs

Only took the Cubbie's something like 100 years or so.....not bad!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

We'd be under NCAA investigation immediately  ;D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: HardCore on February 21, 2018, 06:50:48 am
Only took the Cubbie's something like 100 years or so.....not bad!

If someone shows up at one of the stadium gates with a goat, by all means let them in.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"