Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

aTm open,

Started by Cinco de Hogo, November 22, 2017, 09:40:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

According to the Houston Chronicle Sumlin will be fired regardless of what happens in the LSU game.

Reports out of Florida has them moving on from Chip Kelly.

I think Kelly to aTm will gain traction.

Why?

Texas recruiting, and Willie.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 22, 2017, 09:40:15 am
According to the Houston Chronicle Sumlin will be fired regardless of what happens in the LSU game.

Why?

ESPN is reporting Kelley isn't waiting on a "potential" opening, he will decide between Florida and UCLA. Of course, this means he's coming to Arkansas.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/report-chip-kellys-decision-two-schools-decision-expected-coming-days/

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2017, 09:48:11 am
ESPN is reporting Kelley isn't waiting on a "potential" opening, he will decide between Florida and UCLA. Of course, this means he's coming to Arkansas.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/report-chip-kellys-decision-two-schools-decision-expected-coming-days/

With Gruden as DC and Leach as OC.

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 22, 2017, 09:40:15 am

Why?

I just don't see CK at A&M, too much glad handing and back scratching to be done among the fat cats and boosters. Really, when looking at his personality UCLA is a better fit for him, based on what we know anyway.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

007 License To Squeal

Pray that BP  doesn't go to aggie land.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

NaturalStateReb

I think Chad Morris is A&M's top target.  Kelly in Aggieland seems like an odd fit, but Aggie's got a lot of money.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hogsanity

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 22, 2017, 09:53:44 am

some of you are so fixated on a guy that can't even win much with the reigning Heisman winner like if he were anywhere else he would be undefeated for 12 years.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Captain Morgan

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 22, 2017, 09:53:44 am
Why? So he can recruit 11 WRs in each class and go 7-5? Petrino in 2017 is an above average coach. He was great in 2011 but that's ages ago in college football.

Cinco de Hogo

Kelly did a lot of recruiting in Texas!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 09:57:51 am
some of you are so fixated on a guy that can't even win much with the reigning Heisman winner like if he were anywhere else he would be undefeated for 12 years.

Regardless, BP is a well above average coach.  Wonder what he would do with lot's of talent at his disposal.  He's never coached at a place that was easily afforded talent in any measurable numbers.  Even with his repulsive personality, he'd still get lot's of talent at a place like A$M.  Or AU. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

1highhog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 09:50:08 am
With Gruden as DC and Leach as OC.

I just don't see CK at A&M, too much glad handing and back scratching to be done among the fat cats and boosters. Really, when looking at his personality UCLA is a better fit for him, based on what we know anyway.

I see Chip Kelly being a good fit for the West Coast, he will do good out there for UCLA until he lands them in trouble with the NCAA.

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 22, 2017, 09:59:08 am
Kelly did a lot of recruiting in Texas!

Everyone does a lot of recruiting in Texas.

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 10:01:14 am
Regardless, BP is a well above average coach.  Wonder what he would do with lot's of talent at his disposal.  He's never coached at a place that was easily afforded talent in any measurable numbers.  Even with his repulsive personality, he'd still get lot's of talent at a place like A$M.  Or AU. 

Wait, Hogville told me that ease of recruiting does not matter and is just as excuse. Now you say it matters?

So, a well above average coach is 7-7 in his last 14 games with the reining heisman winner at QB?

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 10:01:14 am

He's self destructive.  Any success he has won't last, and since everyone knows about what a jerk he is, recruiting even in a place like Texas will be very hard for him.  He's not going to win many living room wars against Tom Herman or, if he ends up at Auburn, Nick Saban.

It's already trending down at Louisville.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 09:50:08 am
UCLA is a better fit for him

Agreed.  Kelly knows the PAC 12 and its recruiting grounds.  His style of offense and defense translates better to the PAC 12 than the SEC. 

I have a feeling Florida will be left at the alter.  Hope so anyway.  Not worried about Kelly coaching there but hate Florida fans.  The nouveau riche of the SEC.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Norvell and Chavis would be an interesting combination at Arkansas. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 10:04:51 am
Everyone does a lot of recruiting in Texas.

Wait, Hogville told me that ease of recruiting does not matter and is just as excuse. Now you say it matters?

So, a well above average coach is 7-7 in his last 14 games with the reining heisman winner at QB?

HV =/= me.

Talent matters most.  It's why the whole "We have Dmac and Jones" reasoning for predicting 10 wins back in 2007 was idiotic.  They weren't nearly enough.

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 22, 2017, 10:04:52 am
He's self destructive.  Any success he has won't last, and since everyone knows about what a jerk he is, recruiting even in a place like Texas will be very hard for him.  He's not going to win many living room wars against Tom Herman or, if he ends up at Auburn, Nick Saban.

It's already trending down at Louisville.

Maybe we'll never know.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WilsonHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 22, 2017, 10:08:25 am
Agreed.  Kelly knows the PAC 12 and its recruiting grounds.  His style of offense and defense translates better to the PAC 12 than the SEC. 

I have a feeling Florida will be left at the alter.  Hope so anyway.  Not worried about Kelly coaching there but hate Florida fans.  The nouveau riche of the SEC.

If so, the Gators' short list will be Frost and Mullen.

Tony Perkis

NM. Ricepig beat me to it.

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 22, 2017, 10:08:25 am

Do you feel the rise of UCF and USF, plus the resurgence of Miami is going to hurt FLA with potential coaches. A coach like CK has to look at that and think how hard it is going to be just recruiting against other teams in state, plus all the people like Saban and Gus ( for now ) that come to poach North Fla especially.

I know at UCLA he has to contend with USC, but it is just a different atmosphere.

pigroots

Sumlin is a good coach. Wouldn't mind him being our coach although I don't believe it will happen

ShadowTheHedgehog

HDN to TAMU, CBB to Tennessee. Make it happen.