Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did the Concourse Shrink? It was awful!

Started by Porked Tongue, September 11, 2017, 09:48:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-Trumpet

Y'all can bitch all you want, but the salon in the south end zone gave maybe the best pedicure I've ever had.  Even served me a nice cool glass of cucumber water while I watched on the big screen they had mounted, sponsored by Petit Jean Meats.  It was fabulous.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Piggfoot

The game experience at RRS is why I now enjoy the game in my den where there is no waiting for the bathroom, food or drink. There is no one constantly stand up in front or tripping over me or spilling beer on me and I don't have to spend a thousand on the trip.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hobhog

Quote from: 12247 on September 12, 2017, 08:46:52 am
I just cannot believe the Guys posting these lies in this thread.  Some of you Guys are usually decent but now you decide to lie in this thread.  Whats Up?  Everybody who reads Hogville knows our greatest AD ever, Mr. Jeff Long, wouldn't allow such poor service in this venue.  Just ain't gonna happen.  You windbags.

Same thing happened to me at Jerry World. Almost missed whole 3rd quarter last year. Fire Jerry!

The missdirected anger with some is hilarious. And a little scary.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 12, 2017, 01:31:30 am
Well, if you are actually watching the game, there is no glass and you are usually within throwing distance of the coaching staff. If there's glass in front of you, why are you even at the stadium, just so you can watch TV? Seriously, what is the point? Does your presence make it the stadium louder? Are you joining in on the shared of experience of watching the game live with 70k other people? No. You have a shared experience with the 5-20 other people in the suite. It's like paying thousands of dollars to go watch a concert only to be in a sound proof room and somebody play you a recording of the concert. I don't get it.

However, back to the main issue, those complaints are going to fall on deaf ears. Complaining that your voluntary decision to stop watching the game and leave led you to miss time from the actual game? Say it ain't so! Don't want to miss the game, then don't leave unless you have to.

Its as if you have never been to a game at DWRRS.

bp

HotlantaHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 11, 2017, 09:58:46 pm
We were in Lot 56. Last year, we were able to pull out on MLK within 5 minutes of being in my truck. So we parked down there again this year, only to find the exit blocked after the game. We sat in Lot 56 for 45 minutes Saturday, while everyone was routed by the softball field up to Stadium. Pure sh*tshow.
Yes ... I used to like Lot 56 ... You used to be able to enter the lot from MLK before the game ... now the entrance is blocked ... There is no particular reason for that as it hampers rather than helps traffic flow...

LZH

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 11, 2017, 11:21:15 pm
Dear god. The band's halftime show is way, way, way, way more important than concessions at a football game and even that is something I can't imagine being something I would take the time to complain about on hogville. 

Complaining about concessions at a football game is like complaining that a concert sucked because you weren't a fan of the t-shirts they offered.

Why anybody bothers with that is a complete mystery. Seriously, you can't go 3-4 hours without eating? If you have diabetes or some medical condition, by all means. However, when you're buying food, that's time you aren't watching the game whether it's a 5 min or a 50 minute wait. Especially when getting that food means you are paying ten bucks for 2 dollar quality. Are you paying money to eat food or watch a game? Should be standing the entire game save for time outs and quarter breaks unless you are old and you body is incapable of doing so. Should give everything in your lungs to make the stadium loud when on defense, and be there to celebrate first downs, touchdowns, and big plays on offense.

What? He's probably talking about the SEZ indoor club seats. Lots more than 5-20 people in there. And for the record, that's where I had my season tickets and wouldn't buy them anywhere else in that stadium if you gave them to me for free.

You guys can sit out in the cold and wet during October and November games if you want to, but this old boy likes to be dry and comfortable. Call me a poor example for not standing and screaming like a Britney Spears fan, but it is what it is. You are more than welcome to to take up the slack for us, Mr. SuperHogFan.

hobhog

Quote from: LZH on September 12, 2017, 09:55:29 am
What? He's probably talking about the SEZ indoor club seats. Lots more than 5-20 people in there. And for the record, that's where I had my season tickets and wouldn't buy them anywhere else in that stadium if you gave them to me for free.

You guys can sit out in the cold and wet during October and November games if you want to, but this old boy likes to be dry and comfortable. Call me a poor example for not standing and screaming like a Britney Spears fan, but it is what it is. You are more than welcome to to take up the slack for us, Mr. SuperHogFan.

I prefer to sit outside, but would take indoor club over sitting at home. The view of the field is better, and the environment of gameday can't be beat. Don't let the couch potatoes get you down.

WilsonHog

Quote from: LZH on September 12, 2017, 09:55:29 am

Exactly. I was able to improve my seats to the 3rd row of the South Indoor Club this season, and it is the best view of a football game I have ever had. I would take it above any outdoor seat in the stadium. It's difficult to beat having a great view in a climate-controlled area with theatre seating and a cold beverage. Better than being outdoors, and better than being at home.

crazyrazy

Lot 56 was a JOKE.  The attendant actually had his head explode when we tried to pull out onto MLK and the entrance was barricaded.  40 minutes later we edged our way out by the softball field on the other end.  What the hell?  And it had taken forever to get down MLK and into the lot before the game, as well.

And, why don't they have strictly beverage/beer and wine stands anymore?  Every time I went to get a beer in East Indoor, I had to wait 30 minutes behind people ordering bbq sandwiches, nachos, blah blah.  The concessions experience was awful.

buldozer

This must be the new game experience due to that $160M upgrade..... It didn't make my game day experience better at all

Fan1958

MOVE ALL THE GAMES TO LITTLE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

bphi11ips

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2017, 10:33:10 am
Exactly. I was able to improve my seats to the 3rd row of the South Indoor Club this season, and it is the best view of a football game I have ever had. I would take it above any outdoor seat in the stadium. It's difficult to beat having a great view in a climate-controlled area with theatre seating and a cold beverage. Better than being outdoors, and better than being at home.

Have never enjoyed the end zone view or sitting behind glass.  My preference is to stand for three to four hours and scream at the top of my lungs. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: buldozer on September 12, 2017, 12:13:27 pm
This must be the new game experience due to that $160M upgrade..... It didn't make my game day experience better at all

Give me a BREAK. The Stadium is under construction!!  It's about 30% finished.  They changed concession vendors from Sodexo to LEVY.  I will agree that LEVY was not well prepared for the influx of hungry and thirsty fans.  However, the QUALITY of the food improved tremendously. 
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

ricepig

Quote from: jvanhorn on September 11, 2017, 11:48:18 pm
Of course they don't.  Same reason the St. Louis Cardinals basically told Arkansas don't bother bringing busses of fans up here anymore .  We could care less.  All we need is the St. Louis metro area and west Illinois across the river to fill the place up.  Heck it is all they can do to tolerate people coming in from Springfield.  Same reason they tried to stop broadcasting on KMOX.  They don't need fans from the rural areas.  Same with the Razorbacks.  Which is why you see more and more Arkansas State Red Wolves stickers on cars.  My sense is that OU, OSU,Arkansas State and even Memphis are going to pick up some fans over the coming years.  Even  Nebraska didn't try to kill the Golden Goose this bad.

Lol, I passed at least 20 vehicles with Red Wolves stickers on them driving up on Saturday. They all were going to the game. I guess they bought all the last minute tickets....

ricepig

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on September 12, 2017, 04:11:19 pm
You can thank Jeff long (and his GPA) for all of these problems.  Damn Yankee needs to go and take fat boy with him.

Delta, new account?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2017, 04:12:15 pm
Delta, new account?

Nope.  Both sentences had a subject and a verb, and there were no misspellings.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 12, 2017, 08:57:20 am
Y'all can bitch all you want, but the salon in the south end zone gave maybe the best pedicure I've ever had.  Even served me a nice cool glass of cucumber water while I watched on the big screen they had mounted, sponsored by Petit Jean Meats.  It was fabulous.
Did the bacon in your nostrils make you feel rich?

bennyl08

Quote from: spe450 on September 12, 2017, 08:30:58 am
I just wanted a bottle of water.  Normally, I'd buy from the people hiking up and down the aisles, but there were none.  A trip to concessions and 45 minutes later, I got it.  That process normally takes 10 minutes at half time.

There's free water that rarely has any lines.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Porked Tongue

You couldn't get through there to get there.

The concession lines restricted all movement.

spe450

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 11, 2017, 10:01:47 pm
Nope.  The stadium done blowed up around it.

There must be some way to widen and improve the west concourse.  It was not built for that size stadium. 

It's not just the west concourse. It's the upper decks concourses as well. The lower east and south Endzones are fine.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 14, 2017, 07:05:03 am
It's not just the west concourse. It's the upper decks concourses as well. The lower east and south Endzones are fine.

The two new towers and elevators in the NEZ expansion should help some with the congestion, at least one hopes so.

spe450

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 12, 2017, 05:20:47 pm
There's free water that rarely has any lines.

The lines for the concession were backed up all the way to the back wall. 

The free water would be fine if we were allowed to bring in refillable containers.  I'm not leaving my seat multiple times a game for a sip of water.  As I said before, I don't like to leave my seat period, but there were no sellers in the stands so I had to go get in line.

Concessions have always been a large part of the game experience at any stadium and are a huge source of revenue for the program.  They need to fix this problem quickly if they want it to remain the revenue source it has been.

PorkRyan

Quote from: HogFoo on September 12, 2017, 12:51:41 am
I was stuck from a couple mins before halftime until 11mins into the 4th quarter!  Then they ran out of water and popcorn!   Ya know what pissed me off, it was kind of a joke, after waiting so long. Do I stick around so that the 45mins I've wasted doesn't feel so bad or do I stick it out to get my damn snack and miss all of the game???   Ya know it came to me, why the he'll do they not have closed caption TV in the concourse showing the game to those in line. Seriously.  It can't be that expensive to put a couple of 42" TVs around the concourse so people can actually convince themselves waiting in line is worth it!  Biggest sh*tshow I've seen in a while!

Greenwood High School has four 50 inch TV's set up on the exterior wall of the concession so you can watch the game while you are in line.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 11, 2017, 09:48:58 pm
I've been going to games in Fayetteville for a long time and been around for lots of large crowds but I've never experienced a worse situation for fans than Saturday.  It was if the concourse had shrunk and the entire stadium was stacked up underneath the seating area.  Of course, we have had more people before but something was amiss this time.

1. Concessions seem to be the culprit and their lines created the congestion.
2. A new provider with some new offerings was advertised but the bottomline is it was harder to get a bite or a drink than I've ever seen it.  This was all around the East, West and South end concourse.
3. I'd compare it to a permanent halftime rush to the toilet.
4. Without a doubt, there were few release points for congestion.  Many vendors are gone and the main concessions could not handle the load.  The lines were all the way across the concourse and you had to play red rover red rover to break through line after line to get somewhere.
5. There was no popcorn at stands that advertised them, some of the stands ran out of water and no selling being done around the stadium.
6.  The Chick Fil-A had been converted into a poor man's Mini-Mart.  Lame doesn't describe the lack of selections

It was so poorly planned it created congestion like I've never seen.

Thinking about it afterwards, I think it has to do with less vendor around the concourse and the main concessions that were open had less counter workers and less lines. Instead of 6-8 lines to order with 6-7 people in a line, you'd see 3-4 lines of 12-14 people.

Yet they did have room for a car dealership and a auction of memorabilia clogging the passage ways.

This all occurring despite the game being in the middle of the afternoon when most people would have eaten a meal already.

If they'd spend more effort like keeping the basics, having more stands and enough people to work them it would help.

The good news is it left money in my pocket that I gladly spent outside the stadium.

I'm not usually a complainer on these kinds of things but when the wait is 45 min, they run out of water, combo meals don't have all the offerings and popcorn can't hardly be found then its a astronomical failure.

Don't get me started on the inside game continual infomercial of ads and repetitive pomp.

Yeah, the game sucked but I'm about used to that.  But this other?  Inexcusable.

The UA does a great job of presenting themselves and getting me to buy tickets.
The do a pretty good job of getting you to and from the stadium.

But they SUCK at in game and stadium logistics.

I was told that Sodexo who has handled concessions at the stadium for years was replace.  The good news is the people that replaced them tore out all the facilities and replaced them.  Rumor has it that the last couple years it may have not been safe to eat out of the nasty cook area they had.  Everything was replace and all is clean... However they dont seem to have the logistics down yet and having the first home game be sold out put extra pressure on them... Hopefully it will get better, if the performance on the field doesn't improve the the lines in the concession will shrink.

Also, I heard the water fountains were turned off to force people to buy water.
SEC!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 14, 2017, 08:45:50 am
I was told that Sodexo who has handled concessions at the stadium for years was replace.  The good news is the people that replaced them tore out all the facilities and replaced them.  Rumor has it that the last couple years it may have not been safe to eat out of the nasty cook area they had.  Everything was replace and all is clean... However they dont seem to have the logistics down yet and having the first home game be sold out put extra pressure on them... Hopefully it will get better, if the performance on the field doesn't improve the the lines in the concession will shrink.

Also, I heard the water fountains were turned off to force people to buy water.

Levi the new concessionaire is a large contract company just like Sodexo. They do the concessions at a LOT of sporting venues. They should already have had the logistics down pat.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bennyl08

Quote from: spe450 on September 14, 2017, 06:11:45 am
Were you there?

No, I'm poor and out of state.

Quote from: spe450 on September 14, 2017, 07:41:27 am
The lines for the concession were backed up all the way to the back wall. 

The free water would be fine if we were allowed to bring in refillable containers.  I'm not leaving my seat multiple times a game for a sip of water.  As I said before, I don't like to leave my seat period, but there were no sellers in the stands so I had to go get in line.

Concessions have always been a large part of the game experience at any stadium and are a huge source of revenue for the program.  They need to fix this problem quickly if they want it to remain the revenue source it has been.

The ability to walk between a crowd of people is a skill most people should have unless you have a disability or something.

You can take more than a single sip. Again, unless you have a medical condition or something, one trip to the water fountain and about 10-20 seconds should provide you the water you need in your system to last the game.

That is absolutely true and the same thing is seen in theaters. However, if the theater only has two concession lines open, and you leave in the middle of a movie because you absolutely have to have some popcorn, then it isn't the theater's fault you missed 20min of the movie. You were faced with a choice. You valued eating popcorn over watching the movie.

It's like blaming a professor for having a test on a friday when part of the experience of college is to drink on a thursday. You can either A, plan ahead and study earlier in the week such that you know the material very well ahead of time and can pass the test hungover, you can skip that one party and study for the test, or you can not study, party, and probably not do well on the test. It all depends on the choices you make and what you value. If you don't value working early and you don't value grades over partying, then those are your choices and you get to live with them.

If concessions are such an integral part of your game day experience that you can see how long the line is and still value getting that elephant ear over actually watching the game with your own two eyes, then that is a personal choice you made. University didn't force anybody to go to the concessions. You simply had a lot of people personally valuing concessions over watching the game.

The concessions people have choices too. If they will still serve 1000 people with only two locations open and only two lines at each location, but would serve 1200 if they opened up 4 spots each with 4 lines, then the most profitable way to operate is easily the longer lines. If people decide the value of the concession stand plus the time involved isn't worth simply watching the game, then the consequences for the stands will be negative and they'll have to make a change.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2017, 08:11:03 am
I go to spend time and make memories with my family.

the older I get, the more this rings true to me as well. winning is great and all, but the friends, fam, and being on that campus is why I go.

Malvin

I think the point that is being missed here is that if I paid 20, 30 dollars for a ticket.. then yes, I have little to no expectations from the stadium.  I'm coming to watch a game, not have a feast etc.

But, we haven't seen those prices in 20 years.  The fact of the matter is that it has gotten incredibly expensive to go to these games.  If I'm going to lay down thousands to go to a football game then I 100% expect to at least buy a damn bottle of water and not have it take me an entire quarter of the football to do it.  That is not acceptable period.  You guys can moan and groan about being there to watch the game but it's Long's responsibility to at least provide the basic needs of the 72,000 people who are showing up... and at the TCU game he failed badly at that.

ricepig

Quote from: Malvin on September 15, 2017, 01:43:28 pm
I think the point that is being missed here is that if I paid 20, 30 dollars for a ticket.. then yes, I have little to no expectations from the stadium.  I'm coming to watch a game, not have a feast etc.

But, we haven't seen those prices in 20 years.  The fact of the matter is that it has gotten incredibly expensive to go to these games.  If I'm going to lay down thousands to go to a football game then I 100% expect to at least buy a damn bottle of water and not have it take me an entire quarter of the football to do it.  That is not acceptable period.  You guys can moan and groan about being there to watch the game but it's Long's responsibility to at least provide the basic needs of the 72,000 people who are showing up... and at the TCU game he failed badly at that.

Thousands will get you in a nice comfy air-conditioned seat with numerous vendors, or so I hear.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 02:58:03 pm
Thousands will get you in a nice comfy air-conditioned seat with numerous vendors, or so I hear.

Well if I still had season tickets where for many years I had them in the west upperdeck my costs would be that. If you combine ticket costs with foundation dues, gas from Dallas and back, motel, eats, ect... then I would be spending in the range of $3500 to $4000 for 6 games. So yes thousands for some folks not in club areas.

Heck I spent $500 for next weeks A&M game then have Auburn and MSU tickets so I'm still gonna spend a chunk of change on three games. I hope I don't have to wait in line long at Auburn and MSU game for a Pepsi to mix with my rum

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 15, 2017, 05:15:35 pm
Well if I still had season tickets where for many years I had them in the west upperdeck my costs would be that. If you combine ticket costs with foundation dues, gas from Dallas and back, motel, eats, ect... then I would be spending in the range of $3500 to $4000 for 6 games. So yes thousands for some folks not in club areas.

Heck I spent $500 for next weeks A&M game then have Auburn and MSU tickets so I'm still gonna spend a chunk of change on three games. I hope I don't have to wait in line long at Auburn and MSU game for a Pepsi to mix with my rum

He was laying down "thousands" to go to a game, not a season.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2017, 05:20:29 pm
He was laying down "thousands" to go to a game, not a season.

A lot of people are spending a bunch of money to come up for games. While at those games it would be nice to be able to grab some water or a coke on warm days in a reasonable amount of time. West upperdeck has been crappy with the concessions ever since Long came to Ark. I hope it stays crappy in the lower level now. Anything to make more people want Long gone is fine by me  ;)

The Boar War

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 12, 2017, 08:22:42 am
Right.  Does Jeff Long ever walk around in the concourses?

Does he get hazard pay?

spe450

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 15, 2017, 12:10:03 pm
No, I'm poor and out of state.

The ability to walk between a crowd of people is a skill most people should have unless you have a disability or something.

You can take more than a single sip. Again, unless you have a medical condition or something, one trip to the water fountain and about 10-20 seconds should provide you the water you need in your system to last the game.

That is absolutely true and the same thing is seen in theaters. However, if the theater only has two concession lines open, and you leave in the middle of a movie because you absolutely have to have some popcorn, then it isn't the theater's fault you missed 20min of the movie. You were faced with a choice. You valued eating popcorn over watching the movie.

It's like blaming a professor for having a test on a friday when part of the experience of college is to drink on a thursday. You can either A, plan ahead and study earlier in the week such that you know the material very well ahead of time and can pass the test hungover, you can skip that one party and study for the test, or you can not study, party, and probably not do well on the test. It all depends on the choices you make and what you value. If you don't value working early and you don't value grades over partying, then those are your choices and you get to live with them.

If concessions are such an integral part of your game day experience that you can see how long the line is and still value getting that elephant ear over actually watching the game with your own two eyes, then that is a personal choice you made. University didn't force anybody to go to the concessions. You simply had a lot of people personally valuing concessions over watching the game.

The concessions people have choices too. If they will still serve 1000 people with only two locations open and only two lines at each location, but would serve 1200 if they opened up 4 spots each with 4 lines, then the most profitable way to operate is easily the longer lines. If people decide the value of the concession stand plus the time involved isn't worth simply watching the game, then the consequences for the stands will be negative and they'll have to make a change.

Have you read anything I have written? I'm not a concession guy, but I understand the purpose and need as a massive part of the stadium experience. Freakin romans had concessions.

I just wanted a water at my seat and a guy barking from far enough to not have been at the game or understand how poorly the concessions were run, especially compared to previous years, is trying to tell me I need to leave the game (all while basically insinuating I'm not a fan if I'm thirsty enough to want water) to go to a fountain (where I can't bring a container from outside), when in 12 years of having season tickets, I've spent less time in a concession line combined than I did last Saturday.

I do not eat at the stadium, but I do want a drink with me if I'm going to be in my seat for 4 hours. Your assumptions and statements on this are borderline absurd.

Porked Tongue

Email from UA

Dear Razorback Fan,
Thank you for your recent attendance at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for the University of Arkansas football team's on-campus season opener against TCU.
In the past few years we have worked tirelessly to help make the game day experience for our fans more enjoyable. From installing and upgrading video boards and sound systems, to lowering concession and upper level season ticket prices, we have focused on enhancing the in-stadium experience. We know you have a choice on game day and our student-athletes greatly appreciate you cheering on our team from inside the stadium.
This past Saturday, quite simply, we failed to live up to providing a quality fan experience, specifically related to our stadium concessions. While there was positive feedback on the quality of the food items and some of the new options, availability of product and extraordinarily long lines caused many fans to miss too much of the game. That should never happen!
In addition to offering our sincere apology for the inconvenience and frustration caused by those shortcomings, we want to share with you some of the ways we are working with Levy, our new concessions provider, to ensure those issues are remedied for our next home game:
•   Staffing and points of sale will be increased by 20 percent to accommodate Razorback fans more efficiently
•   Portable stands and hawkers walking the stadium aisles will be mobilized to increase and speed up drink options
•   Supplies of popular items, including bottled water and hot dogs, will be distributed more efficiently to ensure availability of those items throughout the stadium
•   More frequent random walk-throughs of the stadium will be conducted during the game to ensure the action plan items are in place and operating well to best serve our fans
In addition, the upgrades and renovations to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for the 2018 season will include a second large-scale kitchen, additional concession and vending options and elements to improve the circulation of the stadium. These enhancements will benefit all fans and will help alleviate some of the pressure from the tight and crowded concourses in the stadium. They will also provide more efficient ways for Levy to distribute hot and fresh food to stands.
Many of you provided us direct feedback about your game day experience. We appreciate that information and have used it to help us prepare our action plan for the remainder of the football season. Random walk-throughs of the stadium will be conducted during the game to ensure the action plan items are in place and operating well to best serve our fans.
We take providing you a quality game day experience seriously. We know that you have made a personal and financial investment in supporting our program. We don't take that lightly and are grateful for your continued support. Please continue to share your feedback.
Go Hogs!
Sincerely

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Fan1958 on September 12, 2017, 12:28:10 pm
MOVE ALL THE GAMES TO LITTLE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!  With only 16,000 fans there you won't have any trouble getting your popcorn.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 15, 2017, 05:35:43 pm
A lot of people are spending a bunch of money to come up for games. While at those games it would be nice to be able to grab some water or a coke on warm days in a reasonable amount of time. West upperdeck has been crappy with the concessions ever since Long came to Ark. I hope it stays crappy in the lower level now. Anything to make more people want Long gone is fine by me  ;)

Was the West upper deck concessions better in 2007?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on September 16, 2017, 07:31:52 am

Lines were not as long as in recent years that's a damn fact. And they did not run out of stuff at halftime as often

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on September 16, 2017, 07:31:52 am

I had season tickets until 2001 and have only been a few times since then so the stadium has been expanded twice since then.  Obviously they didn't plan for the 20,000 extra fans when it came to movement and services.  Last Saturday I was at the game and at halftime I walked out on the concourse to stretch my legs.  I didn't even try getting in a line.  I was in the east side and they stretched down the concourse causing all kinds of problems with even getting to the rail to get fresh air.  It didn't affect my personal game experience(the game did that)but the I'm there to watch the game not mingle, socialize or even eat and drink.  A friend did battle the line and got me a bottle of water.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 11, 2017, 10:40:39 pm
Maybe if you're a chick.

And just for the record, impossible to "pimp" hummus and vegetables.

I'm a chick and I promise you that I don't want no stinkin hummus and vegetables at a ballgame!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 15, 2017, 11:06:32 pm
Email from UA

Dear Razorback Fan,
Thank you for your recent attendance at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for the University of Arkansas football team's on-campus season opener against TCU.
In the past few years we have worked tirelessly to help make the game day experience for our fans more enjoyable. From installing and upgrading video boards and sound systems, to lowering concession and upper level season ticket prices, we have focused on enhancing the in-stadium experience. We know you have a choice on game day and our student-athletes greatly appreciate you cheering on our team from inside the stadium.
This past Saturday, quite simply, we failed to live up to providing a quality fan experience, specifically related to our stadium concessions. While there was positive feedback on the quality of the food items and some of the new options, availability of product and extraordinarily long lines caused many fans to miss too much of the game. That should never happen!
In addition to offering our sincere apology for the inconvenience and frustration caused by those shortcomings, we want to share with you some of the ways we are working with Levy, our new concessions provider, to ensure those issues are remedied for our next home game:
•   Staffing and points of sale will be increased by 20 percent to accommodate Razorback fans more efficiently
•   Portable stands and hawkers walking the stadium aisles will be mobilized to increase and speed up drink options
•   Supplies of popular items, including bottled water and hot dogs, will be distributed more efficiently to ensure availability of those items throughout the stadium
•   More frequent random walk-throughs of the stadium will be conducted during the game to ensure the action plan items are in place and operating well to best serve our fans
In addition, the upgrades and renovations to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for the 2018 season will include a second large-scale kitchen, additional concession and vending options and elements to improve the circulation of the stadium. These enhancements will benefit all fans and will help alleviate some of the pressure from the tight and crowded concourses in the stadium. They will also provide more efficient ways for Levy to distribute hot and fresh food to stands.
Many of you provided us direct feedback about your game day experience. We appreciate that information and have used it to help us prepare our action plan for the remainder of the football season. Random walk-throughs of the stadium will be conducted during the game to ensure the action plan items are in place and operating well to best serve our fans.
We take providing you a quality game day experience seriously. We know that you have made a personal and financial investment in supporting our program. We don't take that lightly and are grateful for your continued support. Please continue to share your feedback.
Go Hogs!
Sincerely

If that is a real email they forgot to say we will not run out of receipt paper.....................................

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 19, 2017, 07:09:32 am
If that is a real email they forgot to say we will not run out of receipt paper.....................................

Well, when I tried to pay for 3 meals in the EIC, the CC machines were not working, the head Levy guy said forget paying, it's on us for not being able to do our part. I've been looking for an email from the university wanting their $30, haha.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2017, 09:42:31 am
Well, when I tried to pay for 3 meals in the EIC, the CC machines were not working, the head Levy guy said forget paying, it's on us for not being able to do our part. I've been looking for an email from the university wanting their $30, haha.

All kinds of problems....upper deck, west side they gave up on selling water and just started pushing big carts around giving it away. It was hot.....so people were refilling those bottles at the water fountains - I've never seen water fountain lines like that since after P.E. class in the 5th grade

I saw old people falling out due to the heat / walk up the ramp / not refreshments being available quickly - they just laid down on the ground...EMT stayed busy

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on September 19, 2017, 11:06:03 am
All kinds of problems....upper deck, west side they gave up on selling water and just started pushing big carts around giving it away. It was hot.....so people were refilling those bottles at the water fountains - I've never seen water fountain lines like that since after P.E. class in the 5th grade

I saw old people falling out due to the heat / walk up the ramp / not refreshments being available quickly - they just laid down on the ground...EMT stayed busy

Good thing it was a nice early fall day, no telling the body count if it had been 95.......

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2017, 11:08:48 am
Good thing it was a nice early fall day, no telling the body count if it had been 95.......

....Levy would be worried about civil suits if it would have been 95+