Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It’s not the way we play when we are bad

Started by jpsand, March 19, 2018, 09:19:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jpsand

It's not the way we play when we play bad it's the difference between the bad play and the good play.  How do you play like we did against Texas am and Florida and then lay the egg we did against Bradley?  Is it the coach?  Is it the team?  Is it the scheme?  There is too much difference between the good and bad play to understand.  I'm beginning to believe it is the scheme and the coach.  When the 3's are falling it energizes everyone on the court and they Step up their defense too.  When the threes don't fall the whole team seems to go to sleep and have no options.  They usually go into the dribble around and turn the ball over mode. That's where a good coach has a plan b that will change the flow of the game.  Am I wrong?  We could have beaten any of the teams I've seen play on a good day but the bad days.  Not so much!!!

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: jpsand on March 19, 2018, 09:19:19 am
It's not the way we play when we play bad it's the difference between the bad play and the good play.  How do you play like we did against Texas am and Florida and then lay the egg we did against Bradley?  Is it the coach?  Is it the team?  Is it the scheme?  There is too much difference between the good and bad play to understand.  I'm beginning to believe it is the scheme and the coach.  When the 3's are falling it energizes everyone on the court and they Step up their defense too.  When the threes don't fall the whole team seems to go to sleep and have no options.  They usually go into the dribble around and turn the ball over mode. That's where a good coach has a plan b that will change the flow of the game.  Am I wrong?  We could have beaten any of the teams I've seen play on a good day but the bad days.  Not so much!!!

I think they're missing a solid inside presence.  That cuts down on the rebounds, which means that when shots aren't falling possessions are being lost.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jpsand

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on March 19, 2018, 09:29:50 am
Yes, they played Butler, not Bradley.
See how bad we played!  I didn't even remember who we played!

HogBreath

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on March 19, 2018, 09:31:39 am
I think they're missing a solid inside presence.  That cuts down on the rebounds, which means that when shots aren't falling possessions are being lost.
But the split second our shot goes up, our guys take off in a jailbreak for the defensive end.  Way too often we have no one even around the key area.  We could have Rodman, the Mailman and Akeem and still not get any offensive rebounds.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

incHOGnito

I think the real difference was the inconsistent play of our opponents. I don't know that our style caused Florida and A&M to play poorly, I think they were playing poorly and we were good enough to beat them when they were playing that way.  I feel that both were better teams than us, just like I felt we were better than LSU and Mississippi State.

Pigasaurus

Butler put hard defense on our guards just like Mizzou did. Maybe they watched video of their opponents.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy