Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL from Atlanta: UG 28 AU 7

Started by jbcarol, December 02, 2017, 07:24:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

December 02, 2017, 07:24:20 am Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:51:47 pm by jbcarol
Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

New venue, new teams give SEC title game a new vibe, and Georgia some juice

QuoteIt was then, at the postgame handshake, that Auburn coach Gus Malzahn – before telling a patrol officer that they had "beat the dog-crap" out of Georgia – said to Kirby Smart, "see you in Atlanta."

Smart replied that he was going to tell Nick Saban that Malzahn said that. But it was all in good fun, we learned Friday.

"We were talking about that today when I saw him," Smart, at the pregame news conference Friday at the stadium, said of his exchange with Malzahn. "I said, 'you held up your end of the bargain.' He asked if I did, and I told him I never did. But he held up his end of the bargain, and they got back to Atlanta."

And that's actually one of best things about Saturday's SEC Championship matchup. For the Bulldogs, it is, of course, that Georgia is in it.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pecos Hog

Bulldogs win in close game.

AU   24
UG   31

And the Hogs get a new coach tomorrow.

jbcarol

Jason Butt‏Verified account @JasonHButt
12m12 minutes ago

At the half, Georgia leads Auburn 10-7.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports
1h1 hour ago

"We've got a very good foundation built, and I think the best is yet to come." – @CoachGusMalzahn
https://trib.al/DqRjoCT

jbcarol

Wes Rucker‏Verified account @wesrucker247
14h14 hours ago

2017 Auburn might be like 2001 Tennessee: Emotionally, physically draining upset win the week before the SEC Championship Game, expected to continue momentum and play for a national title, but just didn't have it in the SEC CG.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

I hope Gus loses way more games after the way he played us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.