Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

News from Bucknell Nation...

Started by Bogghawg, November 11, 2017, 09:58:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

ADavisTheGOAT

I think they might beat us. I'll eat crow tomorrow if they don't.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Bogghawg

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on November 11, 2017, 10:28:39 pm
I would start marinating it now.  It's really tough and gamey.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

HogNiner12

Please don't ever post again!

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

bville_hog

cardsNhogs

Pinto

Their front court is very solid. I'm very eager to see Dan matchup vs Nana Foulland

hogwood

"This game is a home-site contest in the Phil Knight Invitational (PK80). Later this month, Arkansas will head to Portland to play Oklahoma and either North Carolina or Portland."

Didn't know this... Is this correct?

Pinto

Bucknell isn't equivalent to OU but is just as good or better than the mid major programs in that tourney

The_Iceman

Bucknell lost to Monmouth to start the year.

We cannot lose this game.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 12, 2017, 08:41:44 am

A Bucknell Haiku for you

Cant' lose to Bucknell
That would really really smell
Jumpball would be hell
Hogs up! Covid down!

Pignominious

I would guess our legs are fresher since we last met.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Hawg Red

Monmouth is one of the top mid-majors in the country. Won 28 and 27 games the last two seasons (just didn't win their conference tournament). We don't need to lose this game because there are much tougher opponents on tha schedule, but you are implying that a loss to Monmouth is really bad. They lost by 1 point against a team that is averaging 27.5 wins over the last two seasons in their opening game. That, in no way, is an indictment on Bucknell.

This is a game when the schedule came out that jumped out to me as an upset alert due to the placement on the schedule, but we look much further along than I though we'd be. Hogs should take this game, but Bucknell is a good team and a one point loss to Monmouth does that take any credibility away from them as an opponent.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Do you want fries with that?
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hawg Red

daprospecta

We are 9.5 point favorites at the moment. Vegas thinks we win.

daBoar

Bucknell lost their first game to a solid mid-major on the road, by a single point.  That single point was the product of two free throws with 5 seconds left.  Did I say, it was a road game.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Most important thing is to support the team and if they do lose to a high quality opponent realize it's not the end of the world & keep supporting the them. Bucknell is returning their entire roster from last year.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawgball40

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 12, 2017, 11:50:18 am
Most important thing is to support the team and if they do lose to a high quality opponent realize it's not the end of the world & keep supporting the them. Bucknell is returning their entire roster from last year.
I think we will beat the bison with the same recipe we used friday night, chasing shooters off the 3point line and funneling the action inside for our big freshman to clean up.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 12, 2017, 01:05:47 pm
I think we will beat the bison with the same recipe we used friday night, chasing shooters off the 3point line and funneling the action inside for our big freshman to clean up.

Hope so.  That was a very clean game with max effort from start to finish.  Just wonder if our lack of depth will be more of an issue in this one.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ShadowHawg

Bucknell is a tournament team. Monmouth was at home, had about 3 guys who don't normally contribute hitting contested shots. Bucknell didn't play well until about the 12 minute mark of the second and when they came alive it was impressive. They are tough minded.

Their big is long and athletic. Very similar to Gafford but with a better back to the basket game.

We should win, but these guys most likely won't let us blow them out and it should be a tough game.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 12, 2017, 09:47:44 am
Monmouth is one of the top mid-majors in the country. Won 28 and 27 games the last two seasons (just didn't win their conference tournament). We don't need to lose this game because there are much tougher opponents on tha schedule, but you are implying that a loss to Monmouth is really bad. They lost by 1 point against a team that is averaging 27.5 wins over the last two seasons in their opening game. That, in no way, is an indictment on Bucknell.

This is a game when the schedule came out that jumped out to me as an upset alert due to the placement on the schedule, but we look much further along than I though we'd be. Hogs should take this game, but Bucknell is a good team and a one point loss to Monmouth does that take any credibility away from them as an opponent.

Thank you

Knot2brite

We can't  let them dictate the flow of the game...this is  how these teams beat you. We have to push them to have to use their depth which I am going out on a limb here and figuring isn't real deep
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hawg Red

Quote from: daprospecta on November 12, 2017, 11:28:31 am
We are 9.5 point favorites at the moment. Vegas thinks we win.

We were 10.5-point favorites over Samford. Hopefully we see a similar result.

The_Bionic_Pig

Bucknell will fly back to Lewisburg after the Arkansas game, and then turn right back around and fly down to Chapel Hill to face North Carolina on Wednesday night. The game will be televised on the ACC Network.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

elksnort

Quote from: Pignominious on November 12, 2017, 09:28:06 am
I would guess our legs are fresher since we last met.
Good catch.

We looked very fresh Friday night.

DaultonH

Quote from: hogwood on November 12, 2017, 08:03:35 am
"This game is a home-site contest in the Phil Knight Invitational (PK80). Later this month, Arkansas will head to Portland to play Oklahoma and either North Carolina or Portland."

Didn't know this... Is this correct?

http://pkinvitational.com/non-bracketed-games/
Looks like it

Fan701

Tasty?  When will you guys wise up?  We've got ourselves a team this year!  We're under the radar, unranked, but unless my eyes deceive me we are really good.

pigbacon

This team seems to have the "it" factor. Athleticism is lights out.

sshawg

[/quote]

How you want your crow :-)

rusvegashog

Num Num Num

Dirty

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

WizardofhOgZ

Smithian

I vaguely remember back before they beat the Hogs in the tourney a Bucknell blog absolutely torched the Razorback players via sharing embarrassing Facebook pictures and such.

This was over a decade ago, long before Twitter and snark filled social media commentary was the norm. It was hilarious. Then they beat the Hogs. No longer funny.