Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If coaches were cars

Started by HognitiveDissonance, July 19, 2017, 12:19:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

What would each of the last five basketball coaches be?

Richardson. Bentley. Smooth ride, luxury, a gold standard for cars. Yea, it may break down some in later years, but still a modern standard to compare other cars
Sutton. Cadillac. The old standard. Tried and true, recognized everywhere as a great car. Great performance with some luxury
Anderson. Honda Accord. Dependable, reliable car. A car you would hand to your teenage daughter. It won't win any drag races for her against more souped-up cars, but it's steady, solid, and safe with a few bells and whistles, and will get you places in relative comfort.
Heath. Maserati. Looks great in the garage and offers great promise. But you'll ultimately be let down as it breaks down a lot and you can't find parts.
Pelphrey. Ford Taurus. Not a bad car. You can do worse, has a little comfort. But you know you can do better.

sickboy

Fun game. Really depends on how you feel about cars. What I consider nice, someone else might think is trash. But here's my thoughts.

I'd say Richardson has more speed and less weight than a Bentley. 40 Minutes of Hell would be something like a Porsche 911.

Sutton as a Cadillac makes perfect sense. Anderson, I agree is dependable and reliable. But he's won conference championships before, coach or the year awards and reached the Elite 8. I'd give him a little more flair than a Honda. Maybe a Lexus IS?

Heath as a Maserati is the biggest leap for me. A Maserati has way too much upside right out of the garage. He's more like a rice rocket. Like all the spoilers and nitrous canisters are just masking the fact that it's really a Honda Civic. Which is fine. There's nothing wrong with a Honda Civic, but I'm not going to pay 40K for what' essentially a 15K car with a bunch of plastic superglued to the body so that it looks like something out of Blade Runner.

Pelphrey as a Taurus seems about right.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: sickboy on July 19, 2017, 01:31:00 pm
Fun game. Really depends on how you feel about cars. What I consider nice, someone else might think is trash. But here's my thoughts.

I'd say Richardson has more speed and less weight than a Bentley. 40 Minutes of Hell would be something like a Porsche 911.

Sutton as a Cadillac makes perfect sense. Anderson, I agree is dependable and reliable. But he's won conference championships before, coach or the year awards and reached the Elite 8. I'd give him a little more flair than a Honda. Maybe a Lexus IS?

Heath as a Maserati is the biggest leap for me. A Maserati has way too much upside right out of the garage. He's more like a rice rocket. Like all the spoilers and nitrous canisters are just masking the fact that it's really a Honda Civic. Which is fine. There's nothing wrong with a Honda Civic, but I'm not going to pay 40K for what' essentially a 15K car with a bunch of plastic superglued to the body so that it looks like something out of Blade Runner.

Pelphrey as a Taurus seems about right.
Yea, for Heath I was going with the car equivalent of having a bunch of great recruits, but it never quite materializes to its full potential on the court.
What is the car equivalent of underachieving considering what you have?

ShadowHawg

Kentucky fans think of Sutton as a Yugo.

Hogimus Prime

Nolan was a 64 GTO an orginal that had others trying to copy what he did. Everytime you lined up to race you were in for a fight.

Heath was a 82 Camaro/Trans Am when they came out.  It was replacing a generation that was a shell of its former self and people were excited for the new model.  Different from the previous. Promise of new design, better at what the previous was weak at.  Looked good but behind the wheel that crossfire injection was a dude.

Pel is more like a early 2000's Chevy Impala. Lot of potential at first but after a year everything started falling apart and no one wants it.

Anderson is a 04-06 GTO. More refined and not as in your face as the orginal. Blends in and not as noticeable. Same basic concept just does it a little different. If it had s different name it would be looked at better/differently.  People say it's good but it's not like old one.

3kgthog

Mike reminds me of the late model Thunderbird. So many thought the retro styled model was going to be highly sought after and collectible, but nearly new ones roll across the auction block once in awhile at a huge loss. Granted, she'll get you from point A to point B and sometimes people will give her a look, but no one with options wants to ride in her or own her.