Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL COLORADO THREADS...

Started by Hawgon, December 07, 2005, 09:31:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgon

Rudy I saw where you moved a post on this because FV talked to Sexton yesterday and hence, it is completely refuted.

There is a thing called attorney-client privilege.  Sexton could not tell someone where it true.  He would be bound to refute it unless he received specific permission from Nutt to reveal it.  Of course, he is not going to do that.

Now, I don't know if I believe that Nutt is a candidate at Colorado but it has been reported that the CU atheletic director has made it very clear that he would not fire Barnett without a replacement already on the hook.  Barnett is to be fired.  Therefore, it is safe to assume that someone has already been more or less hired to take his spot.  Could it be Nutt, I don't know.  I know Nutt would take it if he could. 

The point is, with all the drivel that gets talked about on this board, that is at least as worth of comment and speculation as 80% of the other stuff that gets talked about.  For the record, I don't see the moderator's having a much higher percentage of accuracy around here lately.

Now if you are deleting these post on Colorado because you don't want to screw the deal with Nutt moving out there, then delete away.  If you are deleting them because you believe the issue was put to bed by Sexton, you are wrong.  Sexton may have been telling the truth, but only if it happened to be the truth, not because he could tell you about any negotiations if he were so inclined.

cmakrzrbak

This is exactly what I said yesterday.  Sexton couldn't say anything. His response was obvious. Please, HDN, please go to CU and screw their offense.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

HogHillbilly

I agree Hawgon..............Sexton isn't going to tell you the truth, because it could hurt him getting the job at Colorado if it's true. It was in the Denver newspaper this morning that Barnett would not be retained as head coach. Take it like you want it, but I still have my fingers crossed !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

whatsshakinbacon

Funny that the CU SID's office said yesterday that arkansas media had been calling them left and right.  I'm telling you guys I think this rumor may have legs.  Usually the media discounts such rumors and doesn't follow up on them.  If it happens, I'll become a buffalo fan (right behind Arkansas).

Bacon out...

MajorHog

GO (HOUSTON TO) COLORADO!  we love those Buffs!  Go Colorado Go - please take our coach!
You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

PiggyBack

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

whatsshakinbacon

"On Tuesday, McCartney insisted Barnett was still the right man for the job"

That's very funny. 

Bacon out...

Doyle Hograves

that sounds EXACTLY like Frank...
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Hawgon

Quote from: Rudy on December 07, 2005, 09:37:09 am
Until we have something other than your speculations...this is not board worthy. By the way...the spin on this Houston to Colorado rumor was completly started and spun by Razorback fans...we KNOW this.

Show me one instance in the last three weeks where anything on this board can be said to be anything other than mere speculation.  You moderators claim to have sources here and sources there and so far, not one darned thing has panned out other than Mustain decommitting.

At least I acknowledge that it is speculation and hope.  Either we all make the committment to just shut up and say nothing until the higher up tell us what is going on, or we get on here and talk about what is going on our hopes and speculations.

For the record, I said back several months ago that I couldn't see Malzahn or Mustain coming here with the circus we have in place.  My thoughts were based on speculation aided by common sense and deduction.  I was roundly criticized by all of you who had "sources" who said Mitch was "solid" and Malzahn was a "done deal".

Well so far:

Speculation and Common Sense:                  2

Moderators with sources:                            0

Feralhog

Again, no names mentioned in the Post Article for replacement!  I don't think I've ever seen that.  Sounds like maybe the post was given the scoop with the stipulation not to speculate on replacements.  Wonder why?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

DevilHog

Don't know what that means, but I hope it means we get a new coach.

dirthog

"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

FayettenamVeteran

They would neither confirm / deny that Barnett is out and Nutt is on his way in, as of 9:40 this morning. 

This is in contrast to their saying yesterday, late afternoon, that Barnett is their coach and that the Nutt to Colorado rumor was nothing more than that and the first word they had heard of that was when we spoke. 

My how things change with Nutt and any situation he's involved in.  To Nebraska, To LSU, To Colorado, it's a roller coaster. 

I'll know more from Colorado soon. 

aristotle

Houston Nutt was seen getting Yodelling lessons. HMMMMMMM

Link the Barnett story please

Hawgon

Quote from: Rudy on December 07, 2005, 09:44:37 am
Quote from: PiggyBack on December 07, 2005, 09:38:34 am
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3285822

this much is true......

Precisely, PB. GB has to eventually be shown the door before the school can even begin to move on a replacement. One piece at a time. An agent is not usuping any attorney-client privledges to say that a school has been in contact with his client. Plus, FayettenamVeteran knows how to ask the right questions. This is not going to have life on our board until it has more life of it's own.

Rudy, you don't know what in the Hell you are talking about.  I guarantee you I know more about attorney-client privilege than you do.  Hands down, period.  An attorney is bound to not reveal anything his client asks him not to.  If HDN says "I don't want this getting out, deny it if asked", he is bound.  If he knows that revealing something will harm his client's interests, he is bound.  Period, end of story, end of discussion.

You are flat wrong.  Quit acting like you know something and admit that you don't know a darned thing.

Doyle Hograves

Well didn't you say yesterday that you personally spoke with Sexton and Nutt was staying put, and we were the worst fans in the nation, etc??? What happened to make you think Nutt may actually head there?

rHOGer

It's a perfect fit as HDN has had the BOT and fans "buffaloed" for years  ;D

DevilHog

ESPN radio. I'm not a computer guy so I don't know how to give a link.

Hawgon

Fine, but admit that you don't know a darned thing about attorney-client privilege and that one windmill is as good as another.

hog_fan

I think espn radio was citing Denver post.

Madgun

Quote from: dirthog on December 07, 2005, 09:47:24 am
Elborate with a link ???

He shouldn't have to.  There are several other topics posted with the same info. 

PiggoBitttys

FV, thanks so much man. We all appreciate your work. For a free board, the info out of you guys(Mike, FV, Rudy) and the analysys as well(add Biggus to that) is infinite in value. You all do a great job, I may not care anymore for the football program if we keep Nutt, but I will still be here no doubt.

hogfankb

aristotle

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: ArkieRebel on December 07, 2005, 09:50:41 am
Well didn't you say yesterday that you personally spoke with Sexton and Nutt was staying put, and we were the worst fans in the nation, etc??? What happened to make you think Nutt may actually head there?

I did talk to Sexton and he said he was staying put. 

I don't know if Nutt is headed to Colorado.  But with the rampant rumors, I've talked to them at Colorado and their demeanor has changed greatly from late yesterday to this morning. 

I'm looking for the truth directly from the sources and will post.  It's up to them to tell me the truth or not and up to you guys to believe what you will.

Doyle Hograves

FV - wasn't trying to call you out, but yesterday you sounded like what you heard from Sexton you took to be the gospel. That's just what I took from it.

dirthog

So does this mean there is still hope for another big 12 jet ready to whisk are great coach away to the supposed power conference and the great big 12 north.
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

DevilHog

Maybe this should go to the top, so we can keep up with this situation.

swoopeshog

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on December 07, 2005, 09:54:07 am
Quote from: ArkieRebel on December 07, 2005, 09:50:41 am

I did talk to Sexton and he said he was staying put. 

I don't know if Nutt is headed to Colorado.  But with the rampant rumors, I've talked to them at Colorado and their demeanor has changed greatly from late yesterday to this morning. 

I'm looking for the truth directly from the sources and will post.  It's up to them to tell me the truth or not and up to you guys to believe what you will.

The truth will set you free!!  Where have I heard that before.

The Broyles Complex needs to heed that advice.
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

aristotle

Here's the Denver Post link on Barnett.....Like Veteran said, My how things change over night huh?

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_3285822

Boarsnest

Thanks for the info! Hopefully things will work out at CO for the Nuttster, Then our program will be free at last, THANK GOD FREE OF NUTT AT LAST!!!

PiggoBitttys

Apparantly Barnett's firing is news to him:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2250872

I don't think it means much, but it means nothing is done yet.

aristotle

ESPN grabbed it. Barnett said it is new to him, but was meeting with AD tonight. OUCH, the walk of death.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2250872

Bogustus

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 07, 2005, 09:37:21 am
Funny that the CU SID's office said yesterday that arkansas media had been calling them left and right.  I'm telling you guys I think this rumor may have legs.  Usually the media discounts such rumors and doesn't follow up on them.  If it happens, I'll become a buffalo fan (right behind Arkansas).

Bacon out...

There seems to be a bit of irony in your statement.  If Nutt goes to CU then you'll be a CU fan.  ;)

JDHogg

Is Sexton an attorney?  Is he an agent or Nutt's attorney?  I don't think atty-client privelege has anything to do with this.  I would think IF Nutt has talked with CU, he and Sexton agreed to keep it hush with CU also.  Sexton knows if he blabs, he will lose a client and likely others.  Again, big IF.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

madxbayhog

Why would Sexton tell you Nutt's plans? if it gets out that Nutt has interest in this job he will be replaced! No questions asked.

Since 1894

FV - Ditto on the thanks for your work and efforts.  Here are some questions:

Who started this Nutt to Colorado rumor.  On their message boards, it looks like Hogfans are the ones doing most of the postings.  And these postings were mostly from yesterday when there were rumors of press conferences and meetings.  Is there ANYTHING out of Colorado that would give this rumor some teeth?

Also,

1.  When Hatfield left for Clemson, did Clemson contact Coach Broyles before contacting Coach Hatfield?
2.  Any rumors of Colorado contacting Coach Broyles?

Thanks in advance for your answers & opinions.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

dirthog

lets hope its not our helmet that he loves, just any helmet with an animal on it  ;D

Hawgon

Quote from: Rudy on December 07, 2005, 10:00:14 am
Quote from: Hawgon on December 07, 2005, 09:51:37 am
Fine, but admit that you don't know a darned thing about attorney-client privilege and that one windmill is as good as another.

I don't know a damn thing about attorney-client privledge (and neither does the law professor who taught me a bit about client -attorney privleges, either or that I learned this maxim:  "The right for a client and the duty for his lawyer to keep shared information confidential.") 

We aren't saying this story may not have legs on it eventually, but right now it does not seem to merit an endless parade of "sources" rumors.  Many of the threads on this board yesterdsay should have been better moderated, you are correct.  You try to moderate 1,900 mnembers.  Admit you do not know a thing about trying to help manage an open forum.

If you went to law school at Fayetteville, I don't have too much trouble believing that. 

You make it sound as if I said I had a source, I didn't, I never did.  In fact, I specifically stated that I didn't.  I merely was speculating based on reports and rumours.  Now, accuracy is not the issue, but so far in the whole mess, I have been closer to right doing that than the moderators and the reporters. 

HDN is gone.  It may be this year, but it will certainly be next.  He knows it.  Only the biggest fool in the world would not be able to see that he has run his course here.  I don't believe he wants to be here and put up with this crap.  What sane man would?  Therefore, he will be looking for a way out if he can beg borrow or steal one.  I don't need a source to tell me that.

Hawgon

Quote from: JDHogg on December 07, 2005, 10:05:41 am
Is Sexton an attorney? Is he an agent or Nutt's attorney? I don't think atty-client privelege has anything to do with this. I would think IF Nutt has talked with CU, he and Sexton agreed to keep it hush with CU also. Sexton knows if he blabs, he will lose a client and likely others. Again, big IF.

I imagine he is.  Almost all agents are.  Even if he isn't, I believe he would at least be contractually bound by very similiar restrictions.

aristotle

Could be as long as 5 days (Dec 12) before an "official" decision is made, due to auditing his camp finances. Come on bean counters, count damn it!!!

swoopeshog

Who gives a rat's a$$ about privileged information as long as Nutt goes?
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

DisplacedHogFan

December 07, 2005, 10:10:42 am #42 Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:13:31 am by DisplacedHogFan
Legit question(s):

1) Do you guys think with all the Arkansas media and fans all over this that HDN will get cold feet if he was indeed looking at this job?
2) Do you think Colorado will just whisk him away and get it done quick if they are truly looking at him?

Inquiring minds want to know!

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Since 1894 on December 07, 2005, 10:06:58 am
FV - Ditto on the thanks for your work and efforts. Here are some questions:

Who started this Nutt to Colorado rumor. On their message boards, it looks like Hogfans are the ones doing most of the postings. And these postings were mostly from yesterday when there were rumors of press conferences and meetings. Is there ANYTHING out of Colorado that would give this rumor some teeth?

Also,

1. When Hatfield left for Clemson, did Clemson contact Coach Broyles before contacting Coach Hatfield?
2. Any rumors of Colorado contacting Coach Broyles?

Thanks in advance for your answers & opinions.

Both AD's have been in NY - I'd say it is highly likely that there has been contact.  Broyles probably honestly forwarned him of how to handle Nutt and set it up on the front end so that he is less of a micro-manager.  Probably very candidly told him that Houston needs a change of scenery.  AD's didn't get to their positions by being stupid.

Bacon out...

clew

Pure as the dawn

rHOGer

This is from Colorado's Rivals message board, regarding possible replacements

Re: Any names you can share? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its a hush hush thing right now.

the story is the name that is choice #1 of the AD is big time and would cause all the fans to run naked around the mountain side of boulder for a few days

Wouldn't it just be our luck if they snatched up BD??

There's also a Hog guy over there singing Nutt's praises already...how he was 2-1 vs. Texas, and how Saban suggested that LSU look at Nutt as his replacement, and how Wannstedt turned down Nebraska, but suggested they look at Nutt.

Let the fun begin.

aristotle

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on December 07, 2005, 10:10:42 am
Legit question(s):

1) Do you guys think with all the Arkansas media and fans all over this that HDN will get cold feet if he was indeed looking at this job?
2) Do you think Colorado will just whisk him away and get it done quick if they are truly looking at him?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I had heard yesterday he was out, and they were just buying time for Sexton to find him another job. This may or may not be what my person was referring to. But the time line is earily convenient.

JDHogg

Quote from: rHOGer on December 07, 2005, 10:15:02 am
This is from Colorado's Rivals message board, regarding possible replacements

Re: Any names you can share? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its a hush hush thing right now.

the story is the name that is choice #1 of the AD is big time and would cause all the fans to run naked around the mountain side of boulder for a few days

Wouldn't it just be our luck if they snatched up BD??

There's also a Hog guy over there singing Nutt's praises already...how he was 2-1 vs. Texas, and how Saban suggested that LSU look at Nutt as his replacement, and how Wannstedt turned down Nebraska, but suggested they look at Nutt.

Let the fun begin.

Are you suggesting that we start the car salesman show on Nutt's behalf?

Me first....
This one here is BR-549, best one on the lot............HEE.....HAW..........
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Since 1894

I think there are more Hog fans on their boards than Colorado fans.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

rHOGer

Wouldn't he be perfect for them?? He's got the BOT (some, anyway) and huggers "buffaloed" ;D