Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL COLORADO THREADS...

Started by Hawgon, December 07, 2005, 09:31:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

dotnet

I know this will get merged, but Dan Patrick just said on his radio show that GB told Pat Forde that he will be fired with a year left on his contract.

Swino

Since 1894

I heard it also on ESPN RADIO
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: MajorHog on December 07, 2005, 09:38:33 am
GO (HOUSTON TO) COLORADO! we love those Buffs! Go Colorado Go - please take our coach!
buffalos have HUGE HELMETS, well thats what i was told i didnt actually look myself
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

Boared

Quote from: ConwayHog on December 07, 2005, 11:52:38 am
Quote from: Turd Ferguson on December 07, 2005, 11:51:24 am
I hate you all and your false rumors for getting my hopes up.

Don't even let your hopes get up. When there's something credible a media member will get a hold of it. There are also a few on here that have some sources.

That's exactly right. I hate all of these new posters coming out of the woodwork and posting absolute drivel

"A source told me that Mustain has a 2-inch tail that wiggles every he throws an out"
"A source told me that Nutt beat the crap out of Shibest in Chinese checkers the other day and won Shibest's shoes as part of the bet."
"My source told me that they're going to make Barnett and Nutt "injun-wrassle" for the HC job at Colorado."
"My source told me that Ealy prefers green boogers to brown ones!"

IT NEVER ENDS.

TheMule

I just heard Dan Patrick say that Gary Barnett told espn radio that he will be let go by UC and they would buy him  out. 

brooks74

Heard it too, but I don't think Nutt is headed to Colorado

TheMule

Quote from: brooks74 on December 07, 2005, 12:15:37 pm
Heard it too, but I don't think Nutt is headed to Colorado

well a guy can dream.

taintlint

Davis and the Hogs battle Nutt and the Buffs in the 2007 Cotton Bowl

brooks74

It would be nice, but I am not getting my hopes up again until something is final

aristotle

Anyone notice that Colorado AD Bohn was in NYC and is on his way back? I wonder if Broyles "bumped into him". Just a coincidence as far as know.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/12/07/barnett.cu/index.html

CiriusPorker

Is it just me or does no one with any clout seem to get in a hurry about anything anymore?  Save Fat Phil..

Boared

No, but I heard a rumor that he likes wrestling in vats of creamed corn with his clients.

aristotle

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on December 07, 2005, 12:40:25 pm
No, but I heard a rumor that he likes wrestling in vats of creamed corn with his clients.

KINKY....exactly what you look for in an agent.

swoopeshog

Thanks Turd!  :D Made me laugh!
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

beatnikluv

I will never be able to eat creamed corns without laughing again.  Thanks, Turd ;D

whatsshakinbacon

Turd and creamed corn in the same message.....funny.

Bacon out...

hammer

I just heard that Colorado fired there coach.  Are they talking to Nutt?

Doyle Hograves

Have you been under a rock the last two days? Take a look around. Can't see the forest for the trees?  ???
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

dotnet

read more. post less.

HaWg 10

Quote from: hammer on December 07, 2005, 01:22:56 pm
I just heard that Colorado fired there coach. Are they talking to Nutt?

WOW!!!! you have got to be kidding me...
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

tacomahog

This is probably not gonna to make anybodies day but according to this article, Nutt isn't even a candidate.
http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=488605

ReturnToDynasty?

Quote from: tacomahog on December 07, 2005, 01:45:56 pm
This is probably not gonna to make anybodies day but according to this article, Nutt isn't even a candidate.

How many times have you read these stories where none of the likely coaching candidates listed get the job?  Not very often do these writers get it right.  Time will tell, but don't count on any of the candidates listed here to be the next Colorado head coach.

tacomahog

HaWg 10

Seems like i remember Notre Dame "Settling" for Charlie Weis after many faild attempts at other coaches...
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

TulsaHogFan

Wasn;t Colorado quoted as saying they would never fire another coach before having one set to take the position immediatly?  I could have sworn i read that somewhere.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Coacht

Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

Swino

Why on earth would BC's coach want to go there?  And where is this coming from?

beachhawg

Short lists or long lists, there will be people talked to about this job that are not on this list!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Swino on December 07, 2005, 03:06:57 pm
Why on earth would BC's coach want to go there? And where is this coming from?

http://colorado.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=894&fid=19&style=1  seems some Arkansas fans have beat them to the punch.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Coacht

Nutt seams like the more logical choice. Their current coach lost to the #2 team in the country 70-3. At least HDN lost to the #1 team in the country 70-14. HDN is 11 points better than their current coach against tougher competition.

TAKE HIM! PLEASE?
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

Snarlton

I can't imagine any respectable BCS school hiring HDN.  He's coming off 2 losing seasons in a row folks.  He's damaged goods and we're stuck with him.

beachhawg

Yeah, but remember he IS a used car salesman, if Barnett was not very personable then Nutt would slide in there and talk the talk and BAM, he is their man!

pfrg999

We need somebody l;ike The Tulsa coach Kragthorpe... he has won at Tulsa... that is something former Bills QB coach ... young talented... Just a thought
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

claycohog

There's not a short list.  Hdn was hired before Barnett was fired.

B Ray

proffitthog

HogFather

silvertip

Barnett had a 7-5 record this year, got slaughtered in their conf championship game & is leading them to a Dec 27 bowl( vs Clemson?) They're no doubt hoping for better.

claycohog

Sexton has been in negotiations with CU for a 7 to 10 days.

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: silvertip on December 07, 2005, 03:41:30 pm
Barnett had a 7-5 record this year, got slaughtered in their conf championship game & is leading them to a Dec 27 bowl( vs Clemson?) They're no doubt hoping for better.

LSU had hopes of getting someone better than Miles....but they didn't.

Ole Miss thouoght they were going to get someone better than Cutcliff, and look who they got.

Teams start out with one line of thinking, and have to change directions due to what reality is.

B Ray

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Snarlton on December 07, 2005, 03:15:15 pm
I can't imagine any respectable BCS school hiring HDN. He's coming off 2 losing seasons in a row folks. He's damaged goods and we're stuck with him.

Kinda like having one losing season at D1 school and getting hired by a certain SEC school..right?

DukeOfPork

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: tacomahog on December 07, 2005, 01:45:56 pm

The school's current recruiting limitations and Barnett's inability to land top prospects may hurt the interest level in the job. The Buffs' last two classes have come in at No. 49 and No. 43 in Rivals.com's team recruiting rankings in 2004 and 2005. The 2006 class will likely be worse. Out of the 10 seniors that Barnett and his staff have received commitments from, only one is ranked above two-stars.

This is from the last paragraph in that story.  Looks like Nutt already has the excuses set up for him. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

aristotle

Exactly what I was thinking. There is already a "cloud" for him, so it's perfect.

Ever notice  how those who pump the most sunshine are the one who complain about the cloud the most. Go figure.

Pig Power

Arkansas Fans can only wish HDN will leave and  go to CO. It would be a very Merry Xmas.

cmakrzrbak

Nutt? Excuses? Get the eff outta here.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott