Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 In-State Recruiting

Started by Bubba's Bruisers, November 16, 2012, 08:22:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Jumping the gun a bit, but who are projected to be the top in-state recruits for 2014? 

Besides Frazier and Jackson.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

mmhogs17

DT Chuks Ota
LB Jarvis Cooper
WR Jordan Dennis

off the top of my head.

Bubba's Bruisers

So 3 DT's next year?  That's unheard of in our state.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

elviscat

Jake Hall- Springdale Har-ber
6-7 245 lbs  DE
This kid can really go, fast and quick.

Mrcoolhog55

Yes the Hogs need to offer these guys real soon. Good to read about them. Hopeful that this 2014 class will be a very good class.

ramseyhog

going to need more than Arkansas can supply.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be. -Marcel Pagnol

arkiebass

Dakotah Pennington
6-7 246 4.8 TE from Crossett

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: mmhogs17 on November 16, 2012, 08:40:32 pm
DT Chuks Ota
LB Jarvis Cooper
WR Jordan Dennis

off the top of my head.

Ota is out of Jonesboro, right? Where are the other two kids from, please?
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

mmhogs17

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on November 19, 2012, 10:42:18 pm
Ota is out of Jonesboro, right? Where are the other two kids from, please?

Cooper is from West Memphis and Dennis from Fayetteville.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Juan Day from North Little Rock?

razorjacket43

Their is a tenth grader this year in Wynne named Deandre McGill. He has reaked havoc on opposing qb's and RB's this year. Not real sure on his size, but was told that coach Hill only starts you on defense if you run under 5.0 in the 40. Dont know the truth in that just herd a few players make mention of it. I just know he has made some impressive stops against good confrence teams as a tenth grader and am excited about his future as a Jacket. If he continues to play the way he has and have no injuries to slow his pace you may be hearing alot of him in the next couple of years.
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

BatesvilleHOG

Kenton Crawford from Batesville is going to turn out to be a heavily recruited athlete. He's a three sport star and can do pretty much anything you ask him to. His family are nice people.

redleg

In no particular order:
1. Josh Frazier, DT, 6'4" 335 lbs. 5.1 Springdale Har-Ber
2. Bijohn Jackson, DT, 6'3" 320 lbs. 5.2 El Dorado
3. Jarvis Cooper, LB, 6'2" 230 lbs. 4.5 West Memphis
4. Jordan Dennis, WR, 6'2" 175 lbs. 4.5 Fayetteville
5. Deandre Murray, RB, 5'11" 180 lbs. 4.4 Springdale
6. Jake Hall, DE, 6'5" 245 lbs. 4.6 Springdale Har-Ber
7. Josh Qualls, QB, 6'1 1/2" 170 lbs. 4.6 Rogers Heritage
8. Isaac Jackson, QB, 6'2" 185 lbs. 4.5 Ft. Smith Southside
9. Chuks Ota, DT, 6'2" 285 lbs. 4.9 Jonesboro
10. Jack Kraus, TE, 6'5" 225 lbs. 4.6 Bentonville
11. Juan Day, RB, 6'2" 210 lbs. 4.5 North Little Rock
12. Zach Rasmussen, DE, 6'3" 240 lbs. 4.8 Heber Springs
13. Brock Dassero, LB, 6'2" 230 lbs. 4.6 Springdale Har-Ber
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: redleg on November 20, 2012, 02:21:42 pm
In no particular order:
1. Josh Frazier, DT, 6'4" 335 lbs. 5.1 Springdale Har-Ber
2. Bijohn Jackson, DT, 6'3" 320 lbs. 5.2 El Dorado
3. Jarvis Cooper, LB, 6'2" 230 lbs. 4.5 West Memphis
4. Jordan Dennis, WR, 6'2" 175 lbs. 4.5 Fayetteville
5. Deandre Murray, RB, 5'11" 180 lbs. 4.4 Springdale
6. Jake Hall, DE, 6'5" 245 lbs. 4.6 Springdale Har-Ber
7. Josh Qualls, QB, 6'1 1/2" 170 lbs. 4.6 Rogers Heritage
8. Isaac Jackson, QB, 6'2" 185 lbs. 4.5 Ft. Smith Southside
9. Chuks Ota, DT, 6'2" 285 lbs. 4.9 Jonesboro
10. Jack Kraus, TE, 6'5" 225 lbs. 4.6 Bentonville
11. Juan Day, RB, 6'2" 210 lbs. 4.5 North Little Rock
12. Zach Rasmussen, DE, 6'3" 240 lbs. 4.8 Heber Springs
13. Brock Dassero, LB, 6'2" 230 lbs. 4.6 Springdale Har-Ber

Besides the first 2, which ones will get a Hog offer as a plan A recruit?

WildHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 20, 2012, 04:21:59 pm

This is pure, unedjumacted fan opinion, but I would guess that outside of Frazier and Jackson it would be maybe Cooper as a Plan A recruit.  Ota, Day, and Dennis have a shot to become closer-to-the top of the board recruits too, I bet.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WildHawg on November 21, 2012, 09:28:50 am
This is pure, unedjumacted fan opinion, but I would guess that outside of Frazier and Jackson it would be maybe Cooper as a Plan A recruit.  Ota, Day, and Dennis have a shot to become closer-to-the top of the board recruits too, I bet.

Yes, I would think the first 4 on the list would be the top guys. 

We absolutely CAN'T let the first 2 get away.  Good DT's are waaaay too hard to come by...especially for a program like ours.

redleg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 20, 2012, 04:21:59 pm

Josh Frazier, Bijohn Jackson, and Jarvis Cooper already have offers from Arkansas. Jordan Dennis, Jake Hall, Chuks Ota, and Jack Kraus are good bets to earn offers over next summer. Qualls is too short, Isaac Jackson doesn't have the arm for the type of offense Arkansas runs/or will run. Day, Rasmussen, and Dassero could earn offers with great camps and solid senior seasons.
I am almost positive there will be someone not on this list, or anybody else's list, that will earn an offer from the Hogs.
Just look at Tevin Beanum!

songofthesword

the only reason day doesn't have an offer is beucase he's not a full time starter yet. he will get an offer and will be offered by most of the schools int he SEC he's legit. he's just behind a RB whoose more legit than he is lol.

i really want cooper.

RNHog

Kendrick Newton LB 6'1 235 Warren

Jhamal Bell 6'3 310 OL Warren

Von Eric Gonder 6'0 195 WR Warren. Super sophomore ADG, 686 rec yards 14 touchdowns as a sophomore in 2011. This year has 945 yards rec and 10 touchdowns.

Chris Oliver 5'11 180 WR Warren. 4.4 speed. Fastest kid on this years Warren team.

three hog night

Chuks Ota, DT, 6'2" 285 lbs. 4.9 Jonesboro

Is a phenomenal student, citizen and player.   This staff better get serious about him.   
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

ricepig

Quote from: three hog night on November 25, 2012, 09:40:48 am
Chuks Ota, DT, 6'2" 285 lbs. 4.9 Jonesboro

Is a phenomenal student, citizen and player.   This staff better get serious about him.   

This staff is no longer here, so give it some time. I feel he will be playing D-I somewhere, I hope it is at UofA. I know everyone has him rated behind Jackson ans Frazier, but he's legit.

Pickeledpigfeet

Quote from: razorjacket43 on November 20, 2012, 11:25:48 am
Their is a tenth grader this year in Wynne named Deandre McGill. He has reaked havoc on opposing qb's and RB's this year. Not real sure on his size, but was told that coach Hill only starts you on defense if you run under 5.0 in the 40. Dont know the truth in that just herd a few players make mention of it. I just know he has made some impressive stops against good confrence teams as a tenth grader and am excited about his future as a Jacket. If he continues to play the way he has and have no injuries to slow his pace you may be hearing alot of him in the next couple of years.

Is that you Deaundre???
Get off the Gus bus....Get on the Bret Jet !!!!!

BrianWPS!!

Hayden1865

Jabe Burgess QB for Greenwood is one to watch. Had to give him a shout out he is a friend of the family, as is Tyler Wilson, his cousin.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

Tim Harris

Tim Harris

Quote from: bullhog on November 26, 2012, 01:47:20 pm
Jabe Burgess QB for Greenwood is one to watch. Had to give him a shout out he is a friend of the family, as is Tyler Wilson, his cousin.

One issue may be that we already have a QB committed for 2014 and he seems to be as solid of a committment as their is.  If he holds true I don't see us taking 2 QBs next years since we will be taking 2 this year.

Hayden1865

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 26, 2012, 01:55:10 pm
One issue may be that we already have a QB committed for 2014 and he seems to be as solid of a committment as their is.  If he holds true I don't see us taking 2 QBs next years since we will be taking 2 this year.
I agree completely. I do think he is worth a decent look though.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

redleg

I disagree. You can never have too many good QB's. Brandon Mitchell is a senior in 2013. If Arkansas only signs Rafe Peavey in 2014, that means the Hogs will only have 4 scholarship QB's (B. Allen, Cogswell, A. Allen, Peavey). The coaches will want to redshirt Peavey which leaves the team with just 3 QB's. If someone gets hurt, the redshirt might come off and he's wasted a year.
Sign 2 in 2013 and 2 in 2014, then get that kid from Charleston in 2015.

Tim Harris

Quote from: redleg on November 26, 2012, 02:45:52 pm
I disagree. You can never have too many good QB's. Brandon Mitchell is a senior in 2013. If Arkansas only signs Rafe Peavey in 2014, that means the Hogs will only have 4 scholarship QB's (B. Allen, Cogswell, A. Allen, Peavey). The coaches will want to redshirt Peavey which leaves the team with just 3 QB's. If someone gets hurt, the redshirt might come off and he's wasted a year.
Sign 2 in 2013 and 2 in 2014, then get that kid from Charleston in 2015.

We will have 5.

B. Allen, Taylor Reed (transfer from MEM that everyone forgets about), A. Allen, Tyler Cogswell, and Rafe Peavey.

Throw in that you always have a walk on or 2 and we will be set.  Under normal circumstances you take 1 QB each year.  The main reason we are taking 2 this year because we didn't get one last year.

razorjacket43

Quote from: Pickeledpigfeet on November 25, 2012, 06:43:58 pm

Is that you Deaundre???
No its not DM but he made alot of noise this past year and just thought i would mention his name. Will be mentioning Wynne player's from time to time because i feel like we have some real good ball players in Wynne that will get a great chance to shine under Coach Hill. Settles and Selvy are great players as well just so that people dont think i am just calling out one player. I beleive their is D-1 talent on the team.
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

Hawkinsas

Jakahari Howell 6'0 185 Athlete from Arkadelphia...Tim Horton visited him at school today