Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hewitt-Trussville coach joining Auburn staff

Started by jbcarol, February 12, 2016, 02:20:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/698182772297502721

QuoteAustin Tucker accepted a graduate assistant position at Auburn this week. The move took only one day for the high school coach to ponder.

Tucker is also a familiar name for Malzahn and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee. All three sparked their playing and coaching careers at Shiloh Christian in Springdale, Arkansas.

"I want to thank coach Floyd for the oppportunity he gave me out of college," Tucker said. "He gave me a chance. It's been a fun ride with him the last five years. He's done a lot for me."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

pigture perfect

Just call it the University of Arkansas at Auburn.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

opineonswine

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

opineonswine

BPsTheMan

always proud of an ex-Razorback moving up - just wish he wasn't joining a cheating program, and one that's a sinking ship at that

jbcarol

Hewitt-Trussville will miss OC as Austin Tucker heads to Auburn

QuoteAustin Tucker knows the game of football, and he can teach it too.

The newest graduate assistant on Gus Malzahn's Auburn staff impressed as a record-breaking, dual-threat high school quarterback in Arkansas and later, as an offensive assistant at his alma mater and Hewitt-Trussville, his coaching home for the last two seasons.

On Monday, Tucker begins his latest journey, one which will take him back into the SEC – he contributed as a receiver and placeholder at Arkansas from 2007-11.

Hewitt-Trussville coach Josh Floyd has worked with Tucker for the last five years.

"He is a great teacher of the game and demands excellence when coaching kids," Floyd said of Tucker, who served as Huskies offensive coordinator. "Austin is extremely organized and detailed as a coordinator, which is why he's been successful at a young age. He is also a great Christian man that truly cares about his players off the field. 

"We hate to see him go, but we're excited for him and his future."