Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky finally bans aisle dancing at Rupp Arena after railing incident

Started by jbcarol, February 12, 2016, 01:18:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Days after the "Big Blue Boogieman" fell off a railing while carrying a 10-year-old girl at Rupp Arena, the University of Kentucky announced that in-aisle dancing at Wildcats games will henceforth be strictly prohibited.

Darren Moscoe, a Frankfort, Ky., man who is known for getting his groove on at Rupp, took his act a bit too far during Tuesday's game against Georgia.

QuoteUK Athletics is aware of the accident involving two fans in the lower bowl at Tuesday night's game vs. Georgia. EMS officials on-site evaluated all involved parties following the accident. To provide all guests with a safe and enjoyable experience, UK Athletics is emphasizing that all fans keep stairways and entry and exit ways clear. We ask that all patrons please be respectful and considerate of their fellow fans.

"I think it hurt him more than it hurt me," Aubrey Derrickson told WKYT's Caitlin Centner. "When he came down he was breathing really hard."

Per Ryan Lemond on Kentucky Sports Radio, Moscoe is developmentally disabled and his dance is a tradition at UK games. An incident also appeared to be inevitable.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net