Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two Texas sources confirm that Chris Vaughn is being let go due to Ole Miss

Started by jbcarol, February 11, 2016, 07:42:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS  29m29 minutes ago
Two Texas sources confirm that Chris Vaughn is being let go because of Ole Miss situation. NCAA has a "thick file" on Vaughn, source says.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JeffHowe247/status/697934506502725632

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling  39m39 minutes ago
Daniel Paulling Retweeted Jeff Howe
Former Ole Miss assistant coach

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling  34m34 minutes ago
Daniel Paulling Retweeted Brian Davis
We're learning about some of the allegations in the NoA.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pulled(PP)pork

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS  43m43 minutes ago
Sources: Chris Vaughn leaving Texas after being implicated in Ole Miss scandal. Full story.  http://www.hookem.com/story/sources-chris-vaughn-leaving-texas-after-being-implicated-in-ole-miss-scandal/ ...

QuoteTexas will part ways with defensive backs coach Chris Vaughn over his alleged involvement in the NCAA scandal engulfing Ole Miss, two university sources told the American-Statesman on Thursday.

Orangebloods first reported that Vaughn, a well-liked assistant and considered a standout recruiter, was leaving the school. Horns247 then reported Vaughn's ties to Ole Miss' NCAA investigation.

It's believed NCAA investigators have "a thick file" on Vaughn from his time as an Ole Miss assistant from 2008 to 2011, a UT source told the American-Statesman. The source said Texas officials have no reason to believe Vaughn did anything improper with the Longhorns.

Texas officials had no public comment on the website reports late Thursday. Neither Vaughn nor coach Charlie Strong could be reached for comment.

Vaughn was a defensive backs coach and recruiting coordinator at Ole Miss from 2008 to 2011. He joined the Memphis coaching staff in 2012 and then came to Texas in 2014 as one of Strong's original nine assistants.

The Associated Press reported earlier this week that 13 of the reported 28 NCAA violations levied against Ole Miss are tied to the Rebels' football program. The women's basketball team and track and field programs also were implicated.

Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork issued a statement saying "many of the (football) allegations" dated back to Houston Nutt's 2010 coaching staff, of which Vaughn was a member.

pigture perfect

I'm glad Chris is getting out of that dump. And I doubt he had anything to do with violations at Ole Miss.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 12, 2016, 12:31:42 am
I'm glad Chris is getting out of that dump. And I doubt he had anything to do with violations at Ole Miss.

Hugger alert!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NoNC4Tubs

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on February 12, 2016, 06:49:00 am
As special as Luper and Trooper...?  8)

My comment was about nutty always saying "he's special"............................ CV was one of his guys.

jbcarol

Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownHD 10h10 hours ago

#Texas issues press release stating the #Longhorns won't retain DB coach Chris Vaughn.
HD with more details ...
http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1641966-texas-db-coach-wont-be-retained ...

QuoteHere is UT's official release:

Longhorn Football assistant coach Chris Vaughn's employment agreement with Texas will not be renewed

AUSTIN — Longhorn assistant football coach Chris Vaughn's employment agreement with The University of Texas will not be renewed, Charlie Strong confirmed on Thursday.

"Chris did a tremendous job for us," Strong said. "He's a terrific football coach and a great person. However, circumstances have put us in a position that we are going to part ways."

A veteran of 16 years in collegiate coaching, Vaughn spent the past two seasons coaching defensive backs at Texas.

He joined the staff in 2014, Charlie Strong's first year with the Longhorns. That season, the Horns ranked 11th nationally in passing yards allowed (184.2 ypg), 15th in passing efficiency defense (110.04 rating) and 23rd in interceptions (15).

Senior CB Quandre Diggs became a sixth-round draft pick of the Detroit Lions and went on to play in 16 games, starting four. Last season, Vaughn helped a pair of starting true freshman corners earn honorable mention All-Big 12 honors in Davante Davis and Holton Hill.

Prior to Texas, Vaughn had coaching stops at Memphis, Ole Miss, Arkansas and Tulsa. A 1998 graduate of Murray State, he played linebacker for the Racers and earned All-Ohio Valley Conference honors as a senior.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 14h14 hours ago

Asst. coach Chris Vaughn is out at #Texas. Charlie Strong: "circumstances have put us in a position that we are going to part ways."

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling  5h5 hours ago
PMRT | Houston Nutt defends former Ole Miss assistant coach Chris Vaughn: http://on.thec-l.com/242GmEt

QuoteHouston Nutt defended Chris Vaughn on Sirius XM, describing his former assistant coach as someone who wouldn't break rules.

Nutt's conversation on a radio show hosted by Rick Neuheisel and Chris Childers came shortly after Texas parted ways with Vaughn, a defensive backs coach, after two seasons.

"Let me tell you something about Chris Vaughn: There's not one crooked bone in his body," Nutt said on the radio show. "High, high character. This guy, he's never had a violation. In my time that I had him, he's straight as an arrow, guys. Straight as an arrow.

"Now, if you don't like his coaching, go ahead and fire him. OK, I get it, he doesn't fit. But to use this (investigation of Ole Miss) — to me, it's almost like a scapegoat to me.

"What's a travesty, what is a travesty, you're going to take away this young man from being around 18-, 19-, 20-year-olds. Come on."

Nutt told the show that he had spoken with Vaughn, saying that Vaughn has been questioned by the NCAA and is in the process of hiring an attorney.

Vaughn worked as a defensive backs coach and recruiting coordinator at Ole Miss from 2008-11. He worked at Memphis before joining the Texas coaching staff in 2014.

Vaughn played three seasons under Nutt at Murray State and served on Nutt's coaching staff at Arkansas for nine seasons in addition to their time together at Ole Miss.

jbcarol