Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA's Mock Selection Exercise

Started by jbcarol, February 11, 2016, 10:41:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Media will make get oriented to the process and make selections as if "the season ended today"...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 1h1 hour ago

Syracuse will be evaluated for the NCAA Tournament based on what it will have shown under Jim Boeheim, per the NCAA. #MockSelection
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Drew Deener
‏@Drew_Deener

Saddest photo ever. "AL" means you vote team in as at large. "C" - you want them to be so considered #mockselection

UofL guy signed up for the mock selection before...

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 13h13 hours ago

Wisconsin will be judged for the NCAA Tournament with Greg Gard similar to the way it would have with Bo Ryan, per the NCAA. #MockSelection

Of course

jbcarol

Drew Deener ‏@Drew_Deener 14h14 hours ago Indianapolis, IN

OU, nova , Iowa and Kansas are right now #1 seeds before the scrubbing process

Oregon, Virginia , Maryland and UNC your next 4 teams. Right now

West Va, Xavier, Miami and Michigan state were #3s. Dayton, Iowa st, Texas, Utah were 4s. Can all change after scrubbing tomorrow

We are finished ranking the top 4 seed lines.No UK.And yes They were on my ballot for the final spot on this line.

Actually I lied. My partner and I had UK on the 5 line. Rounds of voting get confusing

jbcarol

NCAA March Madness ‏@marchmadness 2h2 hours ago

Media having a heated discussion about LSU vs Monmouth in the #MockSelection. Which side are you on?

Need to go with LSU. Monmouth will always have next year.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 59m59 minutes ago

A message to all bubble teams: bad losses are just as pivotal as key wins. DON'T ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN TO YOU! #MockSelection

Another observations from Indianapolis: Round of 32 games will be more competitive than ever in March. Minimal separation. #MockSelection

Teams that entered NCAA's mock bracket with recent strong play: Oregon State (9), Wisconsin (10), Temple (11). #MockSelection

jbcarol

Drew Deener ‏@Drew_Deener 1h1 hour ago Indianapolis, IN

jbcarol

Oklahoma Athletic Director Joe Castiglione, the chair of the Selection Committee, agrees with the widely held opinion that this season, to date, has produced no clear favorite for the NCAA Tournament.

Quote▪  Explaining when two teams from the same conference can play in the NCAA Tournament. If teams played three or more times in the regular season, they cannot play until the region finals. If teams played twice, they cannot play until the Sweet 16. If they played only once, they can play as early as the second round.

▪  Saying how the NCAA Tournament rounds of play will be labeled. The play-in games in Dayton will be called "First Four." The games on Thursday and Friday of the first week will be "first-round games." Games on Saturday and Sunday of the first weekend will be "second-round games."

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on February 11, 2016, 04:28:02 pm
Drew Deener
‏@Drew_Deener

Saddest photo ever. "AL" means you vote team in as at large. "C" - you want them to be so considered #mockselection

UofL guy signed up for the mock selection before...

Drew Deener ‏@Drew_Deener Feb 12 Indianapolis, IN

We never discussed Louisville. But based on the standards of the other teams I think they would have gotten a 4 seed instead of Texas