Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Low: The current state of football affairs in Texas

Started by jbcarol, April 23, 2015, 09:54:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS  4m4 minutes ago
Final in Austin: Cal 45, Texas 44. Heartbreak city.

So TV showed there was no partial block? Just a clean miss?

Horns getting huge ovation from home crowd as band plays The Eyes.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on September 19, 2015, 09:32:26 pm
https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/645407553304793088

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 4h4 hours ago

Texas LB Peter Jinkens said Ed Freeman was definitely hurt when he laid down on field. Shoulder injury. So I do apologize for poking fun.

LB Ed Freeman tells me he is out 6-8 weeks with shoulder injury. Will have X-ray today to decide if surgery needed.

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 20h20 hours ago

Texas LB Peter Jinkens says he's coined  the phrase, "In Heard We Trust." But he's not making up any T-shirts. "Nah, I ain't no groupie."

Listening to the Texas players, it's clear nobody wants to criticize Tyrone Swoopes. Lots of "Things are different" quotes, though.

jbcarol

Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownHD Sep 21

Sources tell http://HornsDigest.com  #Texas regents expected to approve $2.8 mil settlement w/ ousted AD Patterson.

jbcarol

Inhogswetrust

So tejas has now replaced the aggies as lovable losers (except the lovable part) and the aggies have replaced tejas as the team to watch and want to be.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

It BAD down here  Most Orange Bloods are on Suicide watch .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Max Olson ‏@max_olson Sep 28

Charlie Strong informed Texas opened as 18.5-point underdog against TCU. "I didn't know it was that bad. Wow."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ryan Autullo ‏@AutulloAAS 20h20 hours ago

Top 5 clunkers under Charlie Strong: 1. Today. 2. Notre Dame. 3. Arkansas. 4. BYU. 5. K-State. Just missing the cut: TCU '14. Discuss.

TCU 50, Texas 7: Longhorns won the coin toss! And it was downhill from there.

jbcarol

Kayce Smith ‏@KayceSmithESPN 1h1 hour ago

According to @ESPNStatsInfo, the last time Texas was 1-4, gas cost 29 cents a gallon and Elvis topped the charts. Tough times in Austin.

#SWC

jbcarol

Justin Wells ‏@justinwells2424  2h2 hours ago
Texas releases statement on Kris Boyd and retweet:

jbcarol

Kirk Bohls Verified account
‏@kbohls

Asked why OU should take Texas seriously, DT Paul Boyette: "Because we're Texas. We haven't lost the brand. That's not going to change."

Inhogswetrust

October 05, 2015, 03:12:21 pm #64 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:04:31 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: jbcarol on October 05, 2015, 02:47:39 pm
Kirk Bohls Verified account
‏@kbohls

Asked why OU should take Texas seriously, DT Paul Boyette: "Because we're Texas. We haven't lost the brand. That's not going to change."

Favorite Brands come and go................................Just because you are attached in some way to a well known brand doesn't mean it is currently the best brand to have...................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

jbcarol

Chris Low ‏@ClowESPN 15h15 hours ago Dallas, TX

As Charlie Strong told me today, he's been doubted before. Forever he was passed over for head jobs. So he's well equipped for this scrutiny

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 2h2 hours ago

In this week's coaches poll Texas (2-4) somehow received 4 votes

jbcarol

Vance Bedford
‏@CoachBedfordUT
Great kick by the Aggies

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman  17m17 minutes ago
Brent Zwerneman Retweeted Vance Bedford
Longhorns feeling their oats at 2-4:

jbcarol

CollegeFootballTalk ‏@CFTalk 11h11 hours ago

Black eyes of Texas: 'Horns get blanked by CycLOLOLOnes http://wp.me/p14QTT-1vKp

QuoteLonghorn Nation, meet rock bottom.

Coming into its Week 9 matchup with Texas, Iowa State was 2-5 and had given up 156 points during its three-game losing streak.  After 60 minutes of football in Ames, the final score was the Cyclones 24, the Longhorns 0.

Whitewashed by a team that was 103rd in the country in scoring defense at 33.9 points per game?  Yep, rock bottom can be the only place the Longhorns find themselves late Saturday night after that display of offensive ineptness (204 yards of offense)... and defensive deficiency (422 yards given up) against a team that fired its coordinator earlier in the week.

jbcarol

rockchalktalk
‏@rockchalktalk

Texas went as KU football for Halloween

jbcarol

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls Nov 2

I'm told Charlie Strong "cussed out" his Texas staff after Iowa State loss, told them staff "had been out coached."

Strong said ISU dropped 8 in box, corners playing 8 yards off. "It was there to be taken."

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS  11h11 hours ago
Texas has completed its severance package with former AD Steve Patterson. He's guaranteed $1.4 million this year, $1.5 million for 2016-17.

As part of the formal agreement, signed by Patterson and UT's Greg Fenves, both parties will say nice things about each other.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on November 04, 2015, 09:10:45 am
Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls Nov 2

I'm told Charlie Strong "cussed out" his Texas staff after Iowa State loss, told them staff "had been out coached."

Strong said ISU dropped 8 in box, corners playing 8 yards off. "It was there to be taken."

Then as the head coach why didn't he do something to take it................................

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 01, 2015, 11:15:53 pm
The State Legislature is giving them 2  more years or they will tell both we are freezing boths money till you play.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Texas football reminds me of a train wreak it horrible but you have to Watch.

riccoar

Strong's offensive philosophy is 180 degrees from what they had been running for decades.  It will take him 4-5 seasons to get it rolling.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 05, 2015, 08:46:28 am
Texas football reminds me of a train wreak it horrible but you have to Watch.

I wouldn't watch it if it was ascending to heaven.............................The ONLY time I watched it all year last year was when they played the Hogs. I sure as heck wasn't watching that game because of the horns though.............

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls  4h4 hours ago
Counted 51 other FBS teams that have won four games or fewer. So Texas isn't totally alone at 4-6.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 12h12 hours ago

Say or believe what you want. The Palm Beach Post says Charlie Strong is Miami's leading candidate. 
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/11/18/if-texas-fires-charlie-strong-miami-hurricanes-will-pounce/ ...

Charlie Strong on Miami speculation: 'It's all a rumor'

Texas coach Charlie Strong on Miami: "It's all rumors." Says everyone is on board and "we've got to get things done here."

Strong on his feelings about why this Miami rumors won't go away: "I have to be successful here."

Strong: "We've got to get it done. I can see why it's disappointing. ... No one's more frustrated than I am."

Strong: "I don't listen to the noise in the system, and you can't control that. Our president and AD have been supportive."

DeltaBoy

opineonswine

Quote from: jbcarol on November 19, 2015, 06:34:54 am
Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 12h12 hours ago

Say or believe what you want. The Palm Beach Post says Charlie Strong is Miami's leading candidate. 
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/11/18/if-texas-fires-charlie-strong-miami-hurricanes-will-pounce/ ...

Charlie Strong on Miami speculation: 'It's all a rumor'

Texas coach Charlie Strong on Miami: "It's all rumors." Says everyone is on board and "we've got to get things done here."

Strong on his feelings about why this Miami rumors won't go away: "I have to be successful here."

Strong: "We've got to get it done. I can see why it's disappointing. ... No one's more frustrated than I am."

Strong: "I don't listen to the noise in the system, and you can't control that. Our president and AD have been supportive."

Boy, I've never read a set of statements more ambiguous than that.  I'd say he's a candidate.

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 10h10 hours ago

Final in Austin: Texas Tech wins a shootout over Texas, 48-45. Horns now 4-7 with regular-season finale at Baylor next week.

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

jbcarol

Kirk Bohls Retweeted
Michael Peters ‏@mgpeters23 Nov 26

I see we've reached the tackling optional portion of this Texas-Texas Tech game.

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS  2h2 hours ago
Texas 23, Baylor 17: Longhorns finish disappointing season in style...

Texas coach Charlie Strong: "I don't have an answer for this team. I wish I did. I wish each and every week it could've been like this."

Today's win is also Texas' first true road win of the season and first road win over ranked opponent since 2012 (No. 20 Tech).

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 10h10 hours ago

The bad news for #Texas: 0 Longhorns made 1st Team All-Big 12. The good news: SIX Longhorn freshmen made honorable mention All Big12.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 12h12 hours ago

Sonny Cumbie thanks Charlie Strong & #Texas for the opportunity to be OC but says "TCU is where my family and I want to stay."

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on December 09, 2015, 10:37:58 pm

Sonny Cumbie thanks Charlie Strong & #Texas for the opportunity to be OC but says "TCU is where my family and I want to stay."

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 24h24 hours ago

An assistant coach has turned down a multi-year, $1 million contract to come to Austin.

And yet, someone today will say, "We're Texas."

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2015, 08:22:56 am
So tejas has now replaced the aggies as lovable losers (except the lovable part) and the aggies have replaced tejas as the team to watch and want to be.

If this is true, Texas football fans are easy to please because A&M hasn't won a thing since joining the SEC, no SEC West Championship, no SEC Championship, I think the highest they have placed is 3rd 5th in the SEC West.
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jbcarol

Ryan Autullo ‏@AutulloAAS 8h8 hours ago

New Texas assistants Sterlin Gilbert and Matt Mattox will not return to Tulsa to coach in Dec. 26 Independence Bowl against Virgina Tech.

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 8h8 hours ago

Gilbert received three-year contract worth $850,000 annually. Mattox gets a similar deal worth $550,000. Similar to info known last night.

DeltaBoy

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS 29m29 minutes ago

In open letter, Texas President Gregory L. Fenves says Horns' football program "heading in the right direction."
http://president.utexas.edu/news-and-views/messages/2015/december ...

Would know.

jbcarol

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 2h2 hours ago

Chuck Carlton Retweeted Jon Solomon

No. 1 Texas ($179.6M) and No. 5 Oklahoma ($135.7M) doing very well but six Big 12 members were under $88 million.

SEC, Big Ten dominate $100M revenue club

$100 Million Revenue Club (2014-15)
Program   Athletic Revenue   Conference
Texas   $179.6 million   Big 12
Ohio State   $170.9 million   Big Ten
Alabama   $150.6 million   SEC
LSU   $138.9 million   SEC
Oklahoma   $135.7 million   Big 12
Michigan   $132.3 million   Big Ten
Florida   $130.8 million   SEC
Penn State   $127.9 million   Big Ten
Auburn   $126.6 million   SEC
Wisconsin   $125.8 million   Big Ten
Tennessee   $121.8 million   SEC
Notre Dame   $121.3 million   --
Florida State   $121.3 million   ACC
Kentucky   $116.5 million   SEC
Arkansas   $116.2 million   SEC
Georgia   $116.2 million   SEC
South Carolina   $113.2 million   SEC
Michigan State   $113.0 million   Big Ten
Texas A&M   $110.0 million   SEC

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS Dec 17

Brian Davis Retweeted Sam Khan Jr.

According to ESPN, Kyler Murray can transfer to Texas. A&M isn't blocking it.

jbcarol

Brian Davis ‏@BDavisAAS Dec 17

OK, Texas fans. Do you want Kyler Murray? Should Charlie want him?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on December 09, 2015, 10:37:58 pm

Translation:

" I don't want any part of that disaster in Austin.....Strong may not even be there for more than another year.....better off, staying here in Ft. Worth."
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.