Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I really think John Pelphrey has a top 25 team in his 1st year at Arkansas

Started by Modsquad24, July 08, 2007, 04:56:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

I mean we return every key player from last seasons NCAA tournament team and alot of the guys that have been to back to back NCAA tournaments at Arkansas, plus we bring in a pretty good class I think in Nate Rakestraw, Marcus Britt and Michael Sanchez and I believe these guys will definetly be better contributers than the three we lost off the 06-07 team.(Cyrus McGowan, Sean McCurdy and Preston Cranford) I am just really excited about the future of Arkansas Razorback basketball under John Pelphrey, he has put together a really good staff in my view, added two really good players in the spring to help us this year and has already added 3 star Mississippi point guard Terrance Joyner on for the 2008 class and he should be a good one. I like our chances of winning the west this year, this is how I see the divisions breaking down based off what everyone in the SEC has coming back, not knowing everyones recruiting classes.

East division

1. Tennessee- ESPN has picked them preseason top 10 for next year, should be loaded with Chris Lofton, Jajuan Smith, Ramar Smith, Duke Crews and Wayne Chism all back.

2. Kentucky- could put Florida here, but will give Kentucky the edge since Fla lost all five starters.

3. Florida- recruits good enough to stay decent, but not great.

4. South Carolina- Odoms transfers come in to play this year(Downey, and a couple other good ones)

5. Georgia

6. Vanderbilt

West division

1. Arkansas- return most key players, plus stocked the cubbard with more talent.

2. Alabama- return Steele, Hendrix, lost Davidson.

3. MSU- return Gordon, Rhodes, lost Delk twins.

4. Auburn

5. LSU

6. Ole Miss