Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Black Lab

Started by 2hogsafrickin, November 18, 2014, 05:44:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2hogsafrickin

Maybe not the place to post this but trying to get the word out as much as possible.

Stolen last Thursday from Pocahontas. Two year old Male black, weighs about 70 lbs named Buddy. Good possibility it was sold that day or the next. Keep an eye out please or listen for anybody recently purchasing a dog by this description. 3k reward for the information on the seller and conviction. Thanks!!!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: 2hogsafrickin on November 18, 2014, 05:44:32 pm
Maybe not the place to post this but trying to get the word out as much as possible.

Stolen last Thursday from Pocahontas. Two year old Male black, weighs about 70 lbs named Buddy. Good possibility it was sold that day or the next. Keep an eye out please or listen for anybody recently purchasing a dog by this description. 3k reward for the information on the seller and conviction. Thanks!!!

Is the dog chipped or tatooed?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

2hogsafrickin

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

2hogsafrickin

It's a friend of mine's dog but it's  sickening. Thanks again!

Big Papa Satan

I had a beloved dog stolen back around 2000.

People that do this should be gut shot.

I am completely serious.

old hog

Had a beloved pet stolen some years back. Taken right out of front yard. Feel for ya. Have put a chip in every pet since.

2hogsafrickin

2hogsafrickin

Well Friday afternoon Jan 2nd an arrest has been made on the stolen dog. Tyler Sheppard, owner of Bayou Meto retrievers, has been charged with the theft and selling of the dog to an out of state client. The man who bought the dog had no idea and at this time arrangements are being made to return the dog to the rightful owner.

Albert Einswine

Great news! I hope they throw the miscreant under the jail.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Oh, that's awesome!!!  Dog thieves...man, if I ever catch one it won't be pretty.  Amongst lowest of the low in society.

Just out of curiosity, how was the dog and perp tracked down?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Here's the website for Bayou Meto Retrievers.  Might want to spread the word to never do business here.

http://www.bayoumetoretrievers.net/
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Surely this is not the first time.  These low lifes generally are not caught on their first screw up.  What a scum bucket.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

vol_in_ar

Glad the dog is headed back to it's owner

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on January 03, 2015, 10:07:16 am
Surely this is not the first time.  These low lifes generally are not caught on their first screw up.  What a scum bucket.

My wife and I just had this same conversation concerning it not being this guy's first time.  No telling how many times he's done this to family pets and broken apart a family.

2hogsafrickin

Really lucky somebody happened to drive up when the transaction was taking place. Nothing was thought about it until a couple days later when word got about about the missing dog. He was the trainer since it was a pup and stole the dog from the owners kennel and sold it same day. I've received word this isn't first time clients didn't get their dog back and he's banned from certain areas for shady dealings.

Albert Einswine

Where does the arrestee reside?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 03, 2015, 10:32:58 am
Where does the arrestee reside?

See my post above with the website.  It has the arrestee's bio and information on his business.

2hogsafrickin

2hogsafrickin

He's moved around alot with good reason.

Albert Einswine

Any news links to this story, arrest?

LSUFan

I have a 4 year old black male, been sent off to doggy duck camp and all, a gentle giant (108lbs) with the kiddos. I'd shoot that SOB in his good ball if he stole him.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

olddawg

There has got to be more to this story.....

Albert Einswine

Quote from: olddawg on January 07, 2015, 04:18:35 pm
There has got to be more to this story.....

I've been unable to find anything about it through google. Nothing hits concerning an arrest of the named individual in Pocahontas, Randolph County, etc... nothing from the KAIT8 website, nothing in the Jonesboro Sun archives. The only thing that has hit is a link that comes up as "invalid" from ArkansasHunting.net here: http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=188062

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 07, 2015, 04:36:07 pm

I've been unable to find anything about it through google. Nothing hits concerning an arrest of the named individual in Pocahontas, Randolph County, etc... nothing from the KAIT8 website, nothing in the Jonesboro Sun archives. The only thing that has hit is a link that comes up as "invalid" from ArkansasHunting.net here: http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=188062

Same for me.

Albert Einswine

pigture perfect

I had a trained yellow lab a few years back that someone stole. He had a chip, but we never recovered him. Your friend was lucky to get his pooch back.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkRinds

Albert Einswine

DOGALUM

The dude went to Arkansas State.......what do you expect?
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 07, 2015, 06:19:42 pm

If this guy did what is alleged and was arrested he must have connections because as far as I can tell the story is completely suppressed.

2hogsafrickin

I've been looking daily but yes the guy has some major pull in randolph county. His best friend is the judge if that tells you anything. He didn't even stay in jail. Since then, several more dogs are found to be missing and owners that had chips in their dogs are getting them scanned and either chips are missing or not their dog. Owners from all different states. Funny how other message boards have deleted any threads about this. It's all coming out slowly but surely.

2hogsafrickin

It's basically very well covered up at this time. The other owners  are supposedly filing charges so maybe something will come up soon.

2hogsafrickin

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 07, 2015, 04:36:07 pm

Quote from: Albert Einswine link=topic=581239.msg9467861#msg9467861

date=1420670167

Arrest records are not released when an ongoing investigation is still being pursued as in this case

Rooka

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 07, 2015, 06:19:42 pm
Easy there, we are edjumacated.

All seriousness, this guys deserves the worst. I mean how low do you have to be to take someone's family member like that. If someone stole my dog, it wouldn't end peacefully.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: 2hogsafrickin on January 08, 2015, 09:13:39 am

Arrest records are not released when an ongoing investigation is still being pursued as in this case

If he was booked, there should be an arrest record available to the public.  If he was detained or volunteered to come in for questioning and released, there wouldn't necessarily be a record.

Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: 2hogsafrickin on January 03, 2015, 10:26:44 am

Really lucky somebody happened to drive up when the transaction was taking place. Nothing was thought about it until a couple days later when word got about about the missing dog. He was the trainer since it was a pup and stole the dog from the owners kennel and sold it same day. I've received word this isn't first time clients didn't get their dog back and he's banned from certain areas for shady dealings.

Very glad to hear your friend got his dog back.  I hope that the thief actually gets prosecuted this time.  This is a real problem in our country now, not much happens to many of our lawbreakers.  That's why they keep doing it.  Often little or no consequences for their actions.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

2hogsafrickin

The operation has been shut down atleast. No dogs on his property now and owners from all across the country have been recovering their dogs. Humane society with help from sheriffs dept and local vets came and got the rest.

2hogsafrickin