Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 07, 2014, 02:11:51 pm
curious about your big play on Georgia. they were slaughtered last week and didn't look like they gave any fricks once they got down.

Exactly why some hammer that.  Pro's will almost always hammer as good team after a big upset

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 07, 2014, 02:11:51 pm
curious about your big play on Georgia. they were slaughtered last week and didn't look like they gave any fricks once they got down.

Had Georgia not looked like what they did last week I would imagine they would be giving 17 to 20 this week. Perception only goes back to the previous week for 70% of gamblers. That 70% get killed more times than not. Bookies make their living off that. Georgia might lay an egg Saturday, but I look for them to score early and often. 
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 07, 2014, 02:19:30 pm

Had Georgia not looked like what they did last week I would imagine they would be giving 17 to 20 this week. Perception only goes back to the previous week for 70% of gamblers. That 70% get killed more times than not. Bookies make their living off that. Georgia might lay an egg Saturday, but I look for them to score early and often. 
Good info. I have a crazy card for tomorrow so far. Messing with some 3 team 6 pt teasers in addition to fewer regular bets for larger amounts. with the teasers I'm trying to get off the weird 2 digit numbers like 12, 18, etc.

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 07, 2014, 02:41:24 pm
Good info. I have a crazy card for tomorrow so far. Messing with some 3 team 6 pt teasers in addition to fewer regular bets for larger amounts. with the teasers I'm trying to get off the weird 2 digit numbers like 12, 18, etc.

I could be way off on that pick, but I feel really good about it.  Just saying can't base it on what happened last week
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

HOUSTON U -18-110 (TV:ESU)
110 / 100

GEORGIA SOUTHERN -12-110
110 / 100

3T 6FB-4BK PTS. Ties Demote
[135] FLORIDA -9-110 (B+6) (TV:SEC)
[137] LOUISVILLE +2½-110 (B+6) (TV:ES2)
[119] GEORGIA -5-110 (B+6) (TV:ESPN)
100/180

2T 6FB-4BK PTS.Tie+Win=No Bet
[113] MEMPHIS -2-110 (B+6) (TV:ESU)
[116] WYOMING +14-110 (B+6)
55/50

will probably add most of jeff's stuff as well

onebadrubi

Small plays again on Friday night. 

NBA:
Dallas/Utah O 206
Charlotte -1
Philly +11 -120
Boston -4 -120
New York +6 -120
Milwaukee/Detroit U192
Washing/Toronto O194
Sacramento/Phoenix O206 -120
Cleveland -4 -120 (Bad bet but I feel Lebron is gonna make Irving look like a schoolyard dog tonight and take the game over)

NBA Parlay:
Charlotte -1
Memphis -4
Sacramento +8.5

Total on NBA is only 5 units spread thin across. 

Jeff, I'm looking Buffalo tonight ML.  Might toss a unit on it at -105.

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 07, 2014, 05:57:52 pm
Small plays again on Friday night. 

NBA:
Dallas/Utah O 206
Charlotte -1
Philly +11 -120
Boston -4 -120
New York +6 -120
Milwaukee/Detroit U192
Washing/Toronto O194
Sacramento/Phoenix O206 -120
Cleveland -4 -120 (Bad bet but I feel Lebron is gonna make Irving look like a schoolyard dog tonight and take the game over)

NBA Parlay:
Charlotte -1
Memphis -4
Sacramento +8.5

Total on NBA is only 5 units spread thin across. 

Jeff, I'm looking Buffalo tonight ML.  Might toss a unit on it at -105.

Better leave that NBA alone buddy :)

I like the Sabres tonight, but not playing it. In relax and gear up for tomorrow's monster day mode :)
Let's make some waves.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

McKdaddy

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 07, 2014, 11:48:54 am
Georgia -10 / dime play
Iowa PK / 5 units
Louisville -2.5 / 3 dimes
W Virginia -3 / 5 units
Notre Dame +3 / 5 units
Oregon -8 / 5 units
K-ST +6.5 / dime

This, with differences of Oregon -8.5. I've not had time this week to look over a couple of picks of my own. Thanks Jeff for the tail.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Quote from: McKdaddy on November 08, 2014, 07:18:24 am
This, with differences of Oregon -8.5. I've not had time this week to look over a couple of picks of my own. Thanks Jeff for the tail.

Any time.  Got a great feeling about this week!
Let's make some waves.

I was excited to jump on at bet the Pens over the Sabres this morning on the PL. Couldn't pull the trigger. It's at Buffalo but Pens -1.5 PL and -105.00 to win 100.00

Tells you how good the pens have been and how bad Buffalo has been. Games not till 7:00 might just make a little play on the Sabres money line :)
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

wholehog

I was leaning ND but I ran across this and it has me a little leery.

"According to ESPN Stats & Info, six of the seven teams that faced Navy lost the next week. No. 10 Notre Dame is coming off a 49-39 victory over the Midshipmen and plays at No. 9 Arizona State on Saturday.

In the past seven seasons, the Fighting Irish are only 2-5 in games played the week after facing Navy, including a 2010 loss against Tulsa, which was coached by current Arizona State coach Todd Graham. "

Fort Dweller

Quote from: wholehog on November 08, 2014, 09:09:04 am
I was leaning ND but I ran across this and it has me a little leery.

"According to ESPN Stats & Info, six of the seven teams that faced Navy lost the next week. No. 10 Notre Dame is coming off a 49-39 victory over the Midshipmen and plays at No. 9 Arizona State on Saturday.

In the past seven seasons, the Fighting Irish are only 2-5 in games played the week after facing Navy, including a 2010 loss against Tulsa, which was coached by current Arizona State coach Todd Graham. "

Graham has the same tendency as Bobby Petrino.  There will be a game where they get completely outclassed (see UCLA).  Then there is a game where they flat out humiliate a equal or better opponent.

I think ASU rolls ND tonight.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

jkstock04

Here's what I'm going with today:

Iowa -1.0 -110, NCAAF....5 unit bet

Texas +3.5 -110 (buy ½ pt), NCAAF....4 unit bet

UCLA vs. Washington u54½ -105, NCAAF....3 unit bet

Louisville vs. Boston College u45 -120 (buy ½ pt), NCAAF....3 unit bet

Florida vs. Vanderbilt u44 -120 (buy ½ pt), NCAAF....3 unit bet

Alabama vs. LSU u45 -110, NCAAF....3 unit bet

Michigan State -3 -125 (buy ½ pt), NCAAF....3 unit bet

Good luck everyone!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DadVader1

Busy week, so running behind and pretty much mailing it in:

Louisville -3    4 units
Georgia -10    2 units
Georgia Tech -4     2 units
UTEP +8.5    2 units
W. VA -3   2 units

Good luck!

onebadrubi

Well, I did ok last night except I lost my biggest NBA play and Hockey play, coincidently that is the amount I was down for the day. 

Got a big list for Saturday, I posted 2 plays on Monday that many seemed to be against but jeff seems to have coerced a few to follow. 

Duke-3
Louisville -3
UGA -10
Iowa -1
Michigan -2
NC state +3.5
Georgia st +7
Georgia st/Troy O67.5
SMU/TUlsa O 57
Auburn -23.5
LSU+7
Baylor +6
Washington St/Oregon st U60
Mich st -3
Ohio st/Mich st U55
UL Laf/New Mexico st O 66.5
Oregon -8 (May regret not buying that down)
TCU -6
Purdue +20
A&M/Auburn U70
Virginia +21
Southern Miss +25.5
Louisiana Tech -3
Ark state -9.5
Georgia Southern -13.5

Teaser:
Louisiana Tech +3
Tulsa -7
Georgia Southern -6.5

Teaser:
UGA -3
Baylor +12.5
Virginia +27
Southern Miss +32.5
Oregon -1

Parlay:
Florida/Vandy U47
SMU/Tulsa O58

Will add NBA in just a bit, maybe a puck play or two.  Also a nice fight card line up tonight guys!

onebadrubi

NBA picks all small again

Portland +4.5
Washington/Indiana U183.5
New York/Atlanta U194.5
Minn/Miami U205
Golden st/Houston O 206
Memphis/Milwaukee U185.5
New Orleans +7

Fort Dweller

Give it up for SMU.  They lead 6-0 against Tulsa.  This is their first lead of the year.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 08, 2014, 11:24:34 am
Give it up for SMU.  They lead 6-0 against Tulsa.  This is their first lead of the year.

ha shows what I know.  Tulsa woulda been one of my lock of the weeks if I was anyone.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 08, 2014, 11:36:08 am
ha shows what I know.  Tulsa woulda been one of my lock of the weeks if I was anyone.

I took em.  SMU has had two weeks to prepare for this game.  However, they sport the worst pass D in the country while Tulsa has a top 20 pass attack.  Tulsa has already taken the lead.

Fort Dweller

Question for the group:  Does anyone besides me play Rice? 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 08, 2014, 11:41:11 am

I have at times, but they pissed me off in the A&M game earlier in the year.  They had many chances in that game and Old Dominion game but the players just give up when they are down by a score or two with more than a quarter to go.  I was able to watch both games (odd game times and I had good $$$ on them) and was just heavily dissapointed.  I say that though to say that in the beginning of the year they paid out nicely. 

Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 08, 2014, 11:41:11 am

That anything like canasta? :)
Let's make some waves.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 08, 2014, 12:01:18 pm
I have at times, but they pissed me off in the A&M game earlier in the year.  They had many chances in that game and Old Dominion game but the players just give up when they are down by a score or two with more than a quarter to go.  I was able to watch both games (odd game times and I had good $$$ on them) and was just heavily dissapointed.  I say that though to say that in the beginning of the year they paid out nicely. 

I've been on them for the last month and a half.  In conference, they're scoring 40 a game while giving up around 20.  Same coach for a decade.  RS Jr. QB who knows the offense.  They've settled down since that embarrassment against ODU.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 08, 2014, 12:16:41 pm
Iowa shooting themselves in the pecker!

The same with Purdue.  Purdue dominated the trenches early, but has since let Wisonsin have their way on stupid plays. 

Fort Dweller, didn't know that.  Guess I should have taken another look at them. 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 08, 2014, 12:32:55 pm
The same with Purdue.  Purdue dominated the trenches early, but has since let Wisonsin have their way on stupid plays. 

Fort Dweller, didn't know that.  Guess I should have taken another look at them. 

Also, North Texas.  Stats show they average 30 a game, but if you look closely, 120 points came against 2 opponents.  SMU and Nicholls.  Also held those 2 to a total of 9 points.  Those games really skewed their O and D stats.

jkstock04

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 08, 2014, 12:16:41 pm
Iowa shooting themselves in the pecker!
Yep...my big bet of the day completely wrecked. Minnesota just playing 10 ft above their heads.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Let's make some waves.

Just added schmuck aggies +23.5 / 2 units

Air Force -4.5 / 2 units
Let's make some waves.

Fort Dweller

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on November 08, 2014, 06:55:51 pm
Have to admit tears of joy in ND's loss.

No offense, but F off!  Lol love the Irish.
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on November 08, 2014, 10:08:14 pm
Lol. I'd have rather won the bet, of course.

Da Ville and Bobby made everything alright for my weekend!!!!!
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Pullev over Hopkins for boxing tonight.  -260

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 08, 2014, 10:12:34 pm
Pullev over Hopkins for boxing tonight.  -260

Lol I haven't bet or looked closely at boxing since sugar gay Leonard was give the fight over Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Rigged sport. Go j Taylor, but Frank that sport!
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 08, 2014, 10:15:36 pm
Lol I haven't bet or looked closely at boxing since sugar gay Leonard was give the fight over Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Rigged sport. Go j Taylor, but Frank that sport!

You old man!!!  Haha

DadVader1

I should mail it in more often.  Thanks to Jeff for helping me with the stamps! Went 4-1 & +8 units on the weekend, making it 37-31-2 for +9 YTD. 

Louisville -3    4 units    W
Georgia -10    2 units    W
Georgia Tech -4     2 units    W
UTEP +8.5    2 units    W
W. VA -3   2 units    L

DadVader1

Louisville & W. Virginia both looked like trap games to me, even though I still bit on both.  Fortunately, B*M*F*P is still Mr. November. 

[EDIT] I'll see if the above edit works, kinda cracks me up that 4 initials with BP but with m and f in the middle are now "edited".   

Let's make some waves.

clutch

Best college football day I've had all year. Had such a good afternoon that I decided to play around with some props for tonight's games. Took louisville alternate line at -10 1/2 (+250) and Alabama to win by 7-12. Hit both and raked in a good chunk of change.

onebadrubi

Oops typed the wrong name.  Kovalev not pullev, he's next weekend

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on November 08, 2014, 11:15:00 pm
Best college football day I've had all year. Had such a good afternoon that I decided to play around with some props for tonight's games. Took louisville alternate line at -10 1/2 (+250) and Alabama to win by 7-12. Hit both and raked in a good chunk of change.

How do those work?

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 08, 2014, 11:16:12 pm
How do those work?

The Louisville game was just an alternate spread. I got them at -10 1/2 (+250) instead of -3 or whatever the regular line was. The Alabama game was pick the total you think they'd win by. I went wit between 7-12 and got 9/2 odds.

onebadrubi

Nice pay day.  I won my two large FB bets and pretty much broke even on all te small stuff.  Up a nice few hundos on the pucks and now holding my breath on this boxing match. 

Couple good looking games in the nfl tomorrow.  I think the chiefs at PK is looking appetizing

Fort Dweller

GASO killed me, but Georgia and Louisville helped.