Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I guess we're heartbroken....(warning: Monk quote)

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, January 07, 2017, 08:13:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 07, 2017, 02:04:50 pm
No heart break here. Disappointment in his choice for a bit the first time I saw him play in a Ucky uniform???? Yes But he was dead to me before he ever said this arrogant blither.
+1000. could not have said it better myself.i wish he and his brother would move out of this state and stay out. it's a free country and they don't have too. but i wish they would get the hell out.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 07, 2017, 10:10:27 am
Yep. I dont think it would have been a good fit. Cant build the program around one and dones. Nothing heartbreaking about it. Unless you just want too...
I have said it elsewhere, him not coming this year I believe is costing us a player we would like to take this year, so he is going to impact us for possibly the next 5 years.

It could be my sensitive nature, but his comments seem to speak to some regret. I can respect that, doesn't mean I wouldn't be giddy seeming him go 1-15 tonight!

bville_hog

Sounds like he is the one that is sad...

forrest city joe

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 07, 2017, 02:32:26 pm
I have said it elsewhere, him not coming this year I believe is costing us a player we would like to take this year, so he is going to impact us for possibly the next 5 years.

It could be my sensitive nature, but his comments seem to speak to some regret. I can respect that, doesn't mean I wouldn't be giddy seeming him go 1-15 tonight!
Him not coming here will have no impact on our program past this season.NONE!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 07, 2017, 02:36:05 pm
Him not coming here will have no impact on our program past this season.NONE!
Ok FCJ, so if we don't have an available scholarship this year for a 4 year player we would like to have it presents no impact! I can see that making sense in your world!

forrest city joe

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 07, 2017, 02:58:53 pm
Ok FCJ, so if we don't have an available scholarship this year for a 4 year player we would like to have it presents no impact! I can see that making sense in your world!
No impact. other than playing him tonight.no impact.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 07, 2017, 02:09:55 pm
+1000. could not have said it better myself.i wish he and his brother would move out of this state and stay out. it's a free country and they don't have too. but i wish they would get the hell out.

FCJ is just butthurt because Monk couldn't come to Arkansas and save his hero.

PonderinHog

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 07, 2017, 02:32:26 pm

Tell me what you think of this interview...

https://youtu.be/zc8kTVArWho
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 07, 2017, 11:54:38 am
It's amusing that presumably grown men are discussing their emotions over an 18 year old basketball player. Sweet.....EMOTION!

...there you go showing your emotions again.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 04:42:51 pm
...there you go showing your emotions again.
I think even you can understand the difference of me being humored over grown men being sad, mad, etc. over the decision of an 18 year old ball player. It's ok that you're sad over Malik while I'm getting ready to pull for the hogs. There's more threads about kentucky's players today than ours. If you're so infatuated with Kentucky's roster pull for them.

hoglady

What an odd statement to make.
"It's sad I didn't go there."
Who says something like that about themselves?
Arkansas basketball will survive without his one year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 07, 2017, 05:01:52 pm
I think even you can understand the difference of me being humored over grown men being sad, mad, etc. over the decision of an 18 year old ball player. It's ok that you're sad over Malik while I'm getting ready to pull for the hogs. There's more threads about kentucky's players today than ours. If you're so infatuated with Kentucky's roster pull for them.

You are so far off base it is beyond ridiculous. I'm not sad over Monk. Never claimed to be. I was disappointed the day he announced (for a few minutes) but haven't lost one second of sleep over his decision. I found it amusing (your emotion) and arrogant that he would claim that we would be heartbroken watching him play tonight. I'm in no way infatuated with KY's players. I was merely posting his comments that were in today's paper because I found them to be very arrogant. I'll put my fandom of the Razorbacks up against your any day, big fella'.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: hoglady on January 07, 2017, 05:14:37 pm
What an odd statement to make.
"It's sad I didn't go there."
Who says something like that about themselves?
Arkansas basketball will survive without his one year.
Seems like he actually wanted to come here but some other influence told him not to.  :-\
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jdunhog

Quote from: elksnort on January 07, 2017, 10:44:25 am
Not at all. If dude wants to play at Kentucky, then it is his choice. However, he ought to not be smug or arrogant towards his home state.
I think he wishes he played high school ball in Kentucky! wps

hoglady

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 07, 2017, 05:18:50 pm
Seems like he actually wanted to come here but some other influence told him not to.  :-\

I don't know - but that was just a really weird statement to make.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 05:16:16 pm
You are so far off base it is beyond ridiculous. I'm not sad over Monk. I wa disappointed the day he announced (for a few minutes) but haven't lost one second of sleep over his decision. I found it amusing (your emotion) and arrogant that he would claim that we would be heartbroken watching him play tonight. I'm in no way infatuated with KY's players. I was merely posting his comments that were in today's paper because I found them to be very arrogant. I'll put my fandom of the Razorbacks up against your any day, big fella'.
I'm not going to get in an argument about who's the bigger fan. I don't even know you. Here's where I get annoyed. Monk Monk Monk Monk Monk Monk Monk Monk  over an over again. The narrative in regards to Monk is irrelevant. Let it go! He plays for Kentucky! Hogville hasn't even let Nutt go and he's been gone for over a decade.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 07, 2017, 05:26:58 pm
I'm not going to get in an argument about who's the bigger fan. I don't even know you. Here's where I get annoyed. Monk Monk Monk Monk Monk Monk Monk Monk  over an over again. The narrative in regards to Monk is irrelevant. Let it go! He plays for Kentucky! Hogville hasn't even let Nutt go and he's been gone for over a decade.

I'm sorry if you are tired of hearing about Monk. If we weren't playing KY tonight, I wouldn't have given him a second thought. However, if hearing about Monk bothers you so much (which it obviously does) I suggest you do a couple of things.

1)Do not click on threads pertaining to Monk.
2)Do not watch the game tonight. You obviously have some issue to allow even a post about the guy to upset you so.

I certainly hope Arkansas fans discussing any other opposing player doesn't cause you this much anxiety.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 05:31:32 pm
I'm sorry if you are tired of hearing about Monk. If we weren't playing KY tonight, I wouldn't have given him a second thought. However, if hearing about Monk bothers you so much (which it obviously does) I suggest you do a couple of things.

1)Do not click on threads pertaining to Monk.
2)Do not watch the game tonight. You obviosly have some issue to allow even a post about the guy to upset you so.
1)Monk isn't in the title slick.
2)You're obviously the one with the issue analyzing interviews of an 18 year old and creating threads about it. I will watch the game. Now go google Malik Monk some more like you've been doing all day.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 07, 2017, 05:37:07 pm
1)Monk isn't in the title slick.
2)You're obviously the one with the issue analyzing interviews of an 18 year old and creating threads about it. I will watch the game. Now go google Malik Monk some more like you've been doing all day.
I'm sorry that after clicking on the thread the first time, you were are still unable to determine that it was about Monk. I guess I'll add Monk to the title so you won't be confused. Hopefully the announcers won't call his name tonight. I would hate for them to upset you even more.

Pancetta

Malik went to Kentucky on his brother's advice. It would be tough to go against blood. I don't wish Malik ill but I probably will never be able to cheer for him even once he's in the NBA.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 05:39:53 pm
I'm sorry that after clicking on the thread the first time, you were are still unable to determine that it was about Monk. I guess I'll add Monk to the title so you won't be confused. Hopefully the announcers won't call his name tonight. I would hate for them to upset you even more.
The announcers aren't "Arkansas fans" so idc what they say. Monk doesn't bother me at all. I pull for Arkansas. I don't make threads about other teams players and listen to the interviews of their players.     

Razorback_Mack

Go hogs! Beat Kentucky! I'm not gonna argue all day with an adult that's concerned with the arrogance of another's teams 18 year old player.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 07, 2017, 05:55:15 pm
Go hogs! Beat Kentucky! I'm not gonna argue all day with an adult that's concerned with the arrogance of another's teams 18 year old player.

You're still here?

rzrbackramsfan

I'll trade my heart being broke emotionally for his Achilles tearing.  Sounds fair to me.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 07, 2017, 05:59:15 pm
I'll trade my heart being broke emotionally for his Achilles tearing.  Sounds fair to me.

Thank you for not using the player's name....it upsets some posters.

RazorChuck

Torn achilles sounds  like a good trade for my achey breaky heart.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: RazorChuck on January 07, 2017, 06:03:42 pm
Torn achilles sounds  like a good trade for my achey breaky heart.

Isn't Billy Ray Cyrus from Kentucky?

forrest city joe

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 07, 2017, 03:07:53 pm
FCJ is just butthurt because Monk couldn't come to Arkansas and save his hero.
And you are glade he did not,because you hope Mike will lose enough and get fired.just Admit it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2017, 06:05:12 pm
Isn't Billy Ray Cyrus from Kentucky?
But he went to Arkansas.  At least that's what somebody told his mother.

(notOM)Rebel123

BayofPigs

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 07, 2017, 03:21:00 pm
Tell me what you think of this interview...

https://youtu.be/zc8kTVArWho
Classy interview . Seems like a nice kid.
No ill feelings . He wanted to come here but brother talked him out of it.
I'll still root for my hogs tonight .

HawgnCorona

Quote from: BayofPigs on January 07, 2017, 06:26:41 pm
Classy interview . Seems like a nice kid.
No ill feelings . He wanted to come here but brother talked him out of it.
I'll still root for my hogs tonight .

I agree, no ill will towards the young man...But I would like nothing more than to hang in an "L" for the Mildcat Nation. Against all odds..............WPS!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 07, 2017, 06:37:39 pm
I agree, no ill will towards the young man...But I would like nothing more than to hang in an "L" for the Mildcat Nation. Against all odds..............WPS!!

Well... Monk wasn't great but we still got dominated by a better system and a better coach. This loss doesn't carry much weight from the RPI but it shows we are an NIT/Bubble Team

ShadowHawg

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 07, 2017, 10:56:30 am
You don't think you can build a program on and dones... Do you think everyone should spend 4 years? Are you upset if MA signs guys that could leave sooner ythan 4 years?

You are deluded. Unless you can replace the one and done with equal talent each season, then you end up like last season after the losses Portis and Qualls. We aren't Kentucky in that regard, so we need guys to stick around longer. Of course we would take a one and done talent but our program would completely die if it were required to build teams around that player. Arkansas will never recruit well enough for this to be the blueprint for success here.