Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Kamren Curl chose Arkansas

Started by Biggus Piggus, January 20, 2017, 06:55:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 20, 2017, 08:23:05 am
Which is why it is pretty clear that the majority of the fan base is not represented by the vicious, know-it-alls on this board. Thank God.

Please, no personal attacks!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 20, 2017, 10:15:03 am
Agree.  I have said since fans ran off Hatfield, Richardson, and Nutt that all the negativity does is undermine the programs, hurts recruiting, and accomplishes very little.  Everytime anyone posts this, it is hit with recruits don't read the boards, it doesn't really make a difference, etc. 

Negativity hurts the program.  Period!
And believe it or not some recruits do read these boards.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ChicoHog

Quote from: farmhawg on January 20, 2017, 08:24:05 am
Yep, big difference between MA and Brett but all the things tgey give credit to on one they can't see with the other.

I still think it comes down to one big difference.
Most of us are more passionate about football than basketball. 

tophawg19

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2017, 01:40:42 pm
No it isn't. Most hog fans do not sit around in late January talking about if the football coach should be fired, or what defensive scheme they should run, or if Jeff Long is a spy for the big10. Most hog fans are in hibernation until next Aug. Oh some will come out for signing day, and some for the spring game, but by and large they have better things to do with their time.

All of us on the other hand........................
you must not get out much . i hear it in my travels all the time .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

LZH

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 20, 2017, 08:14:15 pm
you must not get out much . i hear it in my travels all the time .

All the time. Even when Bobby was winning 10 and 11 games, I would constantly hear guys griping about his defense.

It has always been like that and it will always continue to be like that.

bphi11ips

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 20, 2017, 08:16:39 am
Well, if it's an even number of negatives, that would make the end result a positive.

We don't need no stinking science on Hogville.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 09:30:28 am
Yep - game threads, especially, exist in their own special world.

Personal Hogville Rule No. 1 - never, EVER, post in a game thread.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: JIHawg on January 20, 2017, 07:21:06 am
I think it's a good post.  Many of us post positive one day and negative the next.

What's novel here, and what a lot of the more negative, one-note Johnnys will miss, is this notion that a message board is not the place to air your dirty laundry.  That would require message boards to grow up in their evolution.  As long as there are jr highers, prisoners, malcontents, mental cases, trollers from other schools, and other riff raff able to get on here anonymously, I just don't see this happening.

Now if message boards made posters use their real name, and maybe a tag line, like mine would say, retired pharmacist in Conway, that might actually clean up all the drivel.  Maybe. 

That's the next step in the evolution of message boards.

Sure, if you don't mind putting yourself, your finances, and possibly family at risk.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SamBuckhart

Thank you for being a HOG Mr. Curl. Look forward to seeing you on the field. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 20, 2017, 10:16:45 pm

I avoid those, like I avoid the politics forum when it appears.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 20, 2017, 10:16:45 pm

No kidding. I even try to wait until I've slept before posting after a game. sometimes though it is impossible to not post immediately afterwards. Especially after a big win or loss and in response to another poster being a @#$%^..
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 25, 2017, 08:15:42 am
No kidding. I even try to wait until I've slept before posting after a game. sometimes though it is impossible to not post immediately afterwards. Especially after a big win or loss and in response to another poster being a @#$%^..
This is sometimes very hard for the troll in me to resist.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

code red

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 20, 2017, 07:01:27 am
Which is why I was surprised when you posted "Prepare for more suck" in the jump ball forum about the Hogs/a&m prediction thread.
If I were you....I would prepare.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou