Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone living close to RRS,

Started by 1highhog, January 17, 2017, 03:24:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

have pictures of how the current demo work is going on the Stadium?

a0ashle

The OTR

It's going fine. No pictures, though.  But it's going fine.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: 1highhog on January 17, 2017, 03:24:44 pm
have pictures of how the current demo work is going on the Stadium?
Go to:
app.oxblue.com

there is a camera set up looking at the project.  Most of what's going on now is foundation work closer to the North end zone and you can't really see much yet. Once the steel starts to go up the project will be fun to monitor.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 17, 2017, 03:31:22 pm
Go to:
app.oxblue.com

there is a camera set up looking at the project.  Most of what's going on now is foundation work closer to the North end zone and you can't really see much yet. Once the steel starts to go up the project will be fun to monitor.

Putting the drainage under the NEZ in, it appears.

ADavisTheGOAT

What is the estimation of when the steel will begin to go up?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

gangstaback

A few questions if anyone can answer (beyond telling me to go on the website that was put up ... which says nothing specific).

1. Will there be a screen for 2017 (surely there would be but maybe not even ready)?

2. Will the old screen be tossed or put up in the SEZ?

3. Dimensions of new screen ... old one had fallen down to 48th largest per Wikipedia (something like 30th for stadiums).

4. Will any part be delivered in time for 2017 season?

5. How about the parking lot for the 2017 season?

Players could walk in with hard hats and collection cans (donation cans ... not your tax payer dollars, or so we are told).

ricepig

1) Yes
2) SEZ
3) IDK
4) Dressing rooms?
5) 300 less spots?? Moved to the Lot 72's, I believe

Tusks

Where are the hogs going to run on the field next season?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

factchecker

Quote from: tusked on January 17, 2017, 06:13:44 pm

Good question.

I expect the operations portion of the expansion (offices, locker rooms, training rooms... etc.) to be completed by next season. 

The clubs, loges, suites and concessions will be put in before the 2018 season.

Quote from: gangstaback on January 17, 2017, 05:54:19 pm
... not your tax payer dollars, or so we are told).

They've already secured 30 million from donors for the suites.  You can be snarky all you want but we are the only athletic department in Arkansas that runs without governmental handouts.

If your worried about stadiums who leach governmental money then we need to tear down that dump in Little Rock.  WMS takes $850,000 in annual funding from tax payers money.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Oklahawg

Quote from: factchecker on January 17, 2017, 06:52:43 pm
Good question.

I expect the operations portion of the expansion (offices, locker rooms, training rooms... etc.) to be completed by next season. 

The clubs, loges, suites and concessions will be put in before the 2018 season.

They've already secured 30 million from donors for the suites.  You can be snarky all you want but we are the only athletic department in Arkansas that runs without governmental handouts.

With the old building gone so quickly they should be able to get a lot done before they have to "dress it out" for when there are fans around (safety, but maybe aesthetics?).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Boardon Hamsay

I haunt the concourse at Barnhill and RRS. Construction cam adds about 10 lbs to the stadium but the contruction itself looks alright so far.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 17, 2017, 07:18:29 pm
I haunt the concourse at Barnhill and RRS. Construction cam adds about 10 lbs to the stadium but the contruction itself looks alright so far.

Good to know, looks to me like those drainage box tiles were put in crooked, I guess you can't expect much for $160M these days.

Hoggish1

How 'bout they get it done for 2017 kickoff?

Sivad

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 06:07:16 pm
1) Yes
2) SEZ
3) IDK
4) Dressing rooms?
5) 300 less spots?? Moved to the Lot 72's, I believe
You're saying the plan is to reassemble the old Jumbotron in the SEZ and a completely new and maybe bigger one going in the NEZ?

ricepig

Quote from: Sivad on January 17, 2017, 08:39:07 pm
You're saying the plan is to reassemble the old Jumbotron in the SEZ and a completely new and maybe bigger one going in the NEZ?

The plans are to have a jumbotron on both ends, which one goes where, I haven't officially heard, but it was mentioned the old one was going on the south end.

greasy_corner

A few questions if anyone can answer (beyond telling me to go on the website that was put up ... which says nothing specific).

1. Will there be a screen for 2017 (surely there would be but maybe not even ready)?

2. Will the old screen be tossed or put up in the SEZ?

3. Dimensions of new screen ... old one had fallen down to 48th largest per Wikipedia (something like 30th for stadiums).

4. Will any part be delivered in time for 2017 season?

5. How about the parking lot for the 2017 season?

Players could walk in with hard hats and collection cans (donation cans ... not your tax payer dollars, or so we are told).

gangsta,

1. app.oxblue.com
2. app.oxblue.com
3. app.oxblue.com
4. app.oxblue.com
5. app.oxblue.com

Keep on keeping it real.  Homie.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: tusked on January 17, 2017, 06:13:44 pm

I think the starters get introduced by parachuting into the stadium, one by one. That'll be AWWWWESOME.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Between Christmas, new years, and a few snow days, the end zone construction has been a little sluggish
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 18, 2017, 06:14:28 am
Between Christmas, new years, and a few snow days, the end zone construction has been a little sluggish

Yeah, for some reason taking a trackhoe and knocking something down is slower that building it back up. It'll take a while to put in the drainage and pour the foundation. That, or they're waiting to sell another suite for some more diesel fuel money??

Razorbackers

Quote from: factchecker on January 17, 2017, 11:08:42 pm

I still maintain that this looks amazing. I love it.

Edit: Except for some of the photoshop haha

gustofwind

Concrete bids are being awarded today.

Cubbie08

Quote from: factchecker on January 17, 2017, 11:08:42 pm

It really looks good. Does anyone know if they are still having trouble selling the the suites?

DZ

Correct,  old one will be reassembled at the south end zone. New one at the North.

woodhog14

(donation cans ... not your tax payer dollars, or so we are told).

Why does this question come up all of the time?? Tax payer money is NOT being used for this expansion. Why people argue it, I have no idea.

Someone called into Bo's show the other day saying taxpayer money is most definiely used on this exapansion.

IT'S NOT PEOPLE. NO TAXPAYER MONEY IS USED FOR THIS.

code red

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 18, 2017, 08:14:57 am
I still maintain that this looks amazing. I love it.

Edit: Except for some of the photoshop haha
I see no problem selling out the entire NEZ....esp suites.  But, what will probably happen is the 500's will move down and the upper level will look brutally bear.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: DZ on January 18, 2017, 09:48:43 am
Correct,  old one will be reassembled at the south end zone. New one at the North.
We Arkansans love us some TV.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on January 18, 2017, 10:39:34 am
I see no problem selling out the entire NEZ....esp suites.  But, what will probably happen is the 500's will move down and the upper level will look brutally bear.

Only about 3000 actual seats added, so I doubt the upper decks will be empty from this. 637 seats are lost out of the new Founder's Suites, so up to 20% could be taken from those moving from the EOC to the NEZ.

code red

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2017, 11:15:54 am
Only about 3000 actual seats added, so I doubt the upper decks will be empty from this. 637 seats are lost out of the new Founder's Suites, so up to 20% could be taken from those moving from the EOC to the NEZ.
Well considering the 500's were only about 2/3 full this year I may disagree.  Selling them is one thing showing up is another.

ricepig

Quote from: code red on January 18, 2017, 11:57:26 am
Well considering the 500's were only about 2/3 full this year I may disagree.  Selling them is one thing showing up is another.

You have to sell them before they can show up, lol.  And they were more than 2/3 full, only the La Tech game was around 2/3.

code red

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2017, 12:10:04 pm
You have to sell them before they can show up, lol.  And they were more than 2/3 full, only the La Tech game was around 2/3.
Maybe a little

Sivad

Quote from: DZ on January 18, 2017, 09:48:43 am
Thanks. I knew the NEZ one is going to be closer to the field and higher but that was all.