Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

so who gets hired now on defense

Started by Kevin, January 17, 2017, 10:56:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 17, 2017, 01:49:45 pm
Tom Hayes is also the Defensive Coordinator

Oh dang, I doubt that's going to happen then.  Would be awesommmeee though.

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 17, 2017, 08:57:02 pm

Now your coming off the info..  ;)... you mentioned EC the other day.. any chance?  i think he'd be a good fit with our LB's.. just don't know about DC to LB coach..

sorry, just saw your post above.. that would be awesome ...

never mind, I just read the entire thread... back to my original question.. are you hearing his name?

Hearing it? Sure, but like everyone else, I don't know of any "lock" for any position.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 09:11:20 pm
Hearing it? Sure, but like everyone else, I don't know of any "lock" for any position.

awesome thanks... he and CP really would make for a nice overhaul..

Styflin

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 17, 2017, 07:21:11 pm
I bet Rhoads has a heavy say in the next hire. Might see Patridge not come on board until the 10th coach position is approved. Next hire gets to be Rhoads.

If I have read it correctly, when we added Anderson it was Dan Enos who was working behind the scenes in that direction. There is a good relationship between Enos and Anderson, for sure.

Dan certainly pushed for Anderson. I have brought this up before and was shot down. I heard Bielema say it. Paul has been around. I would fully expect he will have major input on the defensive staff. I would also expect this round of assistants to be better due to Paul's own experience.

rhog1

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker
South Florida: Former FAU head coach Charlie Partridge is in the mix for the USF defensive line job, according to 247Sports.

Looks like we better move fast if we want Partridge.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 04:30:41 pm
DL/Asst HC - Partridge
Co-DC - Erik Chinander
DB/Recruiting Co/ Co-Co DC - Crooks

That would be nice.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

lilRockNDubb

January 18, 2017, 08:26:09 am #56 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:57:50 am by lilRockNDubb
Quote from: rhog1 on January 18, 2017, 07:56:45 am
South Florida: Former FAU head coach Charlie Partridge is in the mix for the USF defensive line job, according to 247Sports.

Surely we could offer more..

Tim Harris

Quote from: rhog1 on January 18, 2017, 07:56:45 am

I will be surprised if he takes a DL job other than ours.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 18, 2017, 08:27:08 am
Probably no other job that he has closer personal ties to
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WriterWrong

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 18, 2017, 08:27:08 am

The problem is we don't have a DL opening right now. And, I do mean it's a problem because I think Segrest was the most deserving of getting the boot. Regardless of what CBB thinks of Segrest, even he has to know deep down that booting Segrest and bringing back Partridge is best for the program. This isn't a time to try and not hurt someone's feelings. Do what's best for the program, and that means firing Segrest and hiring Partridge.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

WriterWrong

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 18, 2017, 12:02:51 pm
This is untrue.

Not at all. We have a DL coach. There is no DL coach opening.

You might be of the thought that we can create an additional DL coaching spot, which isn't going to happen. Either way, we currently have a DL coach. There is no vacancy in our DL coach position.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 18, 2017, 02:53:38 pm

You might be of the thought that we can create an additional DL coaching spot, which isn't going to happen. Either way, we currently have a DL coach. There is no vacancy in our DL coach position.

Of that list can you tell me which coaches have and have not been on the recruiting trail since the dead period lifted? Hint: it's not a trick question.

The writing is on the wall.

hogblitz

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 18, 2017, 11:59:35 am
The problem is we don't have a DL opening right now. And, I do mean it's a problem because I think Segrest was the most deserving of getting the boot. Regardless of what CBB thinks of Segrest, even he has to know deep down that booting Segrest and bringing back Partridge is best for the program. This isn't a time to try and not hurt someone's feelings. Do what's best for the program, and that means firing Segrest and hiring Partridge.
I agree. However, he did not fire CRS after 543 yards rushing allowed against Auburn which would have been BEST FOR THE PROGRAM.  Especially since CPR was in line for the job anyway and the defense could not have got any worse due to the change.  It MIGHT have added more wins down the stretch and if nothing else gave him more time to implement a FEW of his ideas. 

Tim Harris

Well technically we had a defensive coordinator until not to long ago even though it was known for days/weeks that he wasn't returning.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: hogblitz on January 18, 2017, 03:27:29 pm
I agree. However, he did not fire CRS after 543 yards rushing allowed against Auburn which would have been BEST FOR THE PROGRAM.  Especially since CPR was in line for the job anyway and the defense could not have got any worse due to the change.  It MIGHT have added more wins down the stretch and if nothing else gave him more time to implement a FEW of his ideas. 

He certainly needed to go...but I disagree with the assertion that firing CRS would've been best for the program.  It might (or might not have been) the best thing to do for the SEASON...but it certainly would not have been the best thing for the long term health of the PROGRAM.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

WriterWrong

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on January 18, 2017, 03:00:42 pm
Of that list can you tell me which coaches have and have not been on the recruiting trail since the dead period lifted? Hint: it's not a trick question.

The writing is on the wall.

I 100% believe Segrest is gone. He's the one that most needed to go in my opinion. But, until Segrest is gone, we don't have "an opening". I don't see CBB being the kind of man to hire Partridge as DL coach while Segrest is still here. Segrest will be gone when Partridge comes on staff, which I do believe will happen. All I was saying in the beginning was... why the heck are we waiting on Segrest? Just let him go. He can find a job. He's a grown man.

justmakeit2thebcs

More than like likely, it will be someone with zero ties to CBB with the exception of Partridge. 

Think back.....

Enos
Anderson
Robb Smith
Seagrest
Hargraves
Rhoads

Where were the connections?

Biggus Piggus

You might need to do a little checking around town.
[CENSORED]!

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on January 18, 2017, 04:29:15 pm
More than like likely, it will be someone with zero ties to CBB with the exception of Partridge. 

Think back.....

Enos
Anderson
Robb Smith
Seagrest
Hargraves
Rhoads

Where were the connections?

Enos wanted Anderson.

aar0n

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 18, 2017, 05:02:00 pm

Care to elaborate for those of us who don't live "around town?"

Razinhail

It appears  (based off of 247) that both Hargreaves and Segrest have not visited any recruits since early to mid December. The same applies to Anderson. All other coaches have made multiple visits to recruits in January. Fwiw.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: Razinhail on January 18, 2017, 06:15:33 pm
It appears  (based off of 247) that both Hargreaves and Segrest have not visited any recruits since early to mid December. The same applies to Anderson. All other coaches have made multiple visits to recruits in January. Fwiw.

Anderson has been on the trail. He just offered the #1 OL for 2018. So that leaves 2 names on the staff that aren't recruiting..

Dropkick

With regard to Anderson not being on the road, could the hay already be in the barn for the OL?

PonderinHog

Quote from: aar0n on January 18, 2017, 06:09:17 pm
Care to elaborate for those of us who don't live "around town?"
Sounds like they gone...

ricepig

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: Dropkick on January 18, 2017, 06:19:55 pm
With regard to Anderson not being on the road, could the hay already be in the barn for the OL?

"Since last Thursday, seven recruits in the class have reported offers from the Razorbacks. Four were offered on Tuesday alone.

Two of the offers have been to top 50 prospects in the class — 5-star offensive tackle Jackson Carman and 4-star defensive end Max Wright. Offensive line coach Kurt Anderson was at Carman's high school last week in Fairfield, Ohio, when he offered the No. 1 offensive tackle and No. 8 overall recruit in the class. Wright, the No. 40 overall prospect from Taylor High School (Katy, Texas), reported his offer Tuesday."

Anderson has been on the road recruiting.

clew

If they want Partridge, they will have an agreed to deal before Segrest is gone. It's not rocket science. They can wait until after NSD if needed.
Pure as the dawn

factchecker

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/821926110216802305
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawg Life

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on January 18, 2017, 08:35:38 pm

"Since last Thursday, seven recruits in the class have reported offers from the Razorbacks. Four were offered on Tuesday alone.

Two of the offers have been to top 50 prospects in the class — 5-star offensive tackle Jackson Carman and 4-star defensive end Max Wright. Offensive line coach Kurt Anderson was at Carman's high school last week in Fairfield, Ohio, when he offered the No. 1 offensive tackle and No. 8 overall recruit in the class. Wright, the No. 40 overall prospect from Taylor High School (Katy, Texas), reported his offer Tuesday."

Anderson has been on the road recruiting.

Anderson just started recruiting for 2018. We aren't taking anymore OL, so he hasn't been recruiting since after Thanksgiving.

WooPig90

Hargreaves was out recruiting the last few days, hes not going anywhere. This year at least

hogcam

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 18, 2017, 11:02:55 pm
Hargreaves was out recruiting the last few days, hes not going anywhere. This year at least
Doesn't mean anything. They recruit until they get a new job.

Hawg Life

Quote from: hogcam on January 18, 2017, 11:20:39 pm

^^ This..

nwahogfan1

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 18, 2017, 04:01:31 pm
I 100% believe Segrest is gone. He's the one that most needed to go in my opinion. But, until Segrest is gone, we don't have "an opening". I don't see CBB being the kind of man to hire Partridge as DL coach while Segrest is still here. Segrest will be gone when Partridge comes on staff, which I do believe will happen. All I was saying in the beginning was... why the heck are we waiting on Segrest? Just let him go. He can find a job. He's a grown man.

I CBB knows what he will do so I am wondering if the recruits it affects knows what is going down?   I wonder who is greeting the DL recruits?  Who is meeting the LB recruits?  And so on.

It doesn't seem like Secrest is on the recruiting plane meeting the DL recruits in Az and Ca so I am also figuring he is gone.  I think we are done with LB recruiting so Hargraves is done in that area. I think he did a good job there.   I have no clue how good an on the field coach he was last year but I hope he signed more speed at LB who can get off blocks and find the darn ball. Auburn killed us on the ground. UGLY!!!!  That ground and pound hog killing should never have happened. 

FANONTHEHILL

Anderson is not going anywhere.  There won't be changes in the offensive side of the ball that are initiated on this end.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 17, 2017, 08:51:29 pm
Considering how long it took to promote from within for the D.C. Spot, I wouldn't get in any hurry for this.
The DC decision was made long before it was announced.  The "official" word was held until the team could be notified first Monday night.  Look for more changes in the next week or so.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

DeltaBoy

I see no more changes being announced until after NSD.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WooPig90

Quote from: hogcam on January 18, 2017, 11:20:39 pm

Then why isnt Segrest out recruiting?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Who did he go see

WriterWrong

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 18, 2017, 05:02:00 pm

I checked with the Arkansas Razorbacks. According to them, Rory Segrest is still holding the position of DL coach, officially. Unofficially may be another matter. That's what I'm saying. We have a DL coach. We won't be hiring a DL coach until after this current coach is gone officially.

That day is coming. Just wish it would be sooner rather than later.

King Kong

I haven't heard this. Who did he visit

tophawg19

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 19, 2017, 07:26:05 am
The DC decision was made long before it was announced.  The "official" word was held until the team could be notified first Monday night.  Look for more changes in the next week or so.
are y'all reading or just posting ? this should tell you what you need to know
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

duckman

Segrest is gone, Hargraves is staying...

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on January 19, 2017, 09:16:49 pm
Segrest is gone, Hargraves is staying...

You read the free Trey Biddy article, lol.....

lakecityhog

During Bo's segment on DTS today he discussed several things regarding coaching.  I thought that it was interesting that Bo is predicting a 2nd LB coach. He also used Partridge's name in the present tense when talking about coaches for 2017.

King Kong

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 19, 2017, 09:27:09 pm
During Bo's segment on DTS today he discussed several things regarding coaching.  I thought that it was interesting that Bo is predicting a 2nd LB coach. He also used Partridge's name in the present tense when talking about coaches for 2017.

A 2nd LB coach is common for a lot 3-4 teams. Would make sense

jgphillips3

SDZ_Hog

Partridge did coach LBs and ST at Pittsburgh for a year.

PigTimePlayer

During the Q&A time with Kamren Curl after his commitment, he said something that made it sound like Rhoads would still be coaching him, as in his position, even though he would be DC. Made me think that we would be using that coaching spot for something else...perhaps that other LB coach listed above.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

duckman