Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To the "Fire Jeff Long" crowd

Started by Deep Shoat, January 06, 2017, 02:35:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 15, 2017, 02:02:08 pm
Your statement was wrong.  Simple as that.
Now go invent more history.

Prove it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

snoblind

Quote from: ur on January 15, 2017, 09:20:40 am
You're welcome. I think the plan was for him to replace CFB. Not sure if he got tired of waiting, politics, or left to get experience was the reason for him to go to okie state then clemson. Pretty sure we reached out to him but I think he was happy at Clemson.   His brother was a pretty good player. ;)

That was the plan.  My dad so pissed after the Citadel loss he gave me the family tickets for good.  Never forgave Hatfield for how he left, but blamed Frank also for not retiring and handing the reigns over to Terry Don. 

And in hindsight, that was the worst decision Frank made.  If he retired when he should have would have been a far better 25 years, IMO.

Irony.

wachhog

January 15, 2017, 07:35:50 pm #252 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:53:04 pm by wachhog
Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 12, 2017, 08:56:10 am
Let's not praise Terry Don too much in hindsight.  Many of you would have set yourselves on fire if Long, or Terry Don, had hired a WR coach for the head Arkansas job.
His hire was golden but my point was that he, Terry Don. believed his JOB  as Clemson AD WAS TO HIRE a football coach who would WIN there.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: wachhog on January 15, 2017, 07:35:50 pm
His hire was golden but my point was the he, Terry Don. believed his job as Clemson AD WAS TO HIRE a football coach who would  win there.

Drunk much?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

wachhog

Quote from: ur on January 15, 2017, 11:04:28 am
True, but he stuck with Dabo during a 2010 6-7 record when his seat was getting hot. It paid off. I'm not defending JL or BB at all with this info.  Just showing that good bosses make good decisions.

2008   Clemson   4–3[A 1]   3–2   T–3rd (Atlantic)   L Gator      
2009   Clemson   9–5   6–2   1st (Atlantic)   W Music City      24
2010   Clemson   6–7   4–4   T–4th (Atlantic)   L Meineke Car Care      
2011   Clemson   10–4   6–2   1st (Atlantic)   L Orange†   22   22
2012   Clemson   11–2   7–1   T–1st (Atlantic)   W Chick-fil-A   9   11
2013   Clemson   11–2   7–1   2nd (Atlantic)   W Orange†   7   8
2014   Clemson   10–3   6–2   2nd (Atlantic)   W Russell Athletic   15   15
2015   Clemson   14–1   8–0   1st (Atlantic)   W Orange†, L CFP NCG†   2   2
2016   Clemson   14–1   7–1   T–1st (Atlantic)   W Fiesta†, W CFP NCG†   1   1
And you see which bowl Dabo's bad 2010 team went to? The Meineke Car Care Bowl, aka the Belk Bowl.

wachhog

Fatty McGee

Quote from: wachhog on January 15, 2017, 07:35:50 pm
His hire was golden but my point was that he, Terry Don. believed his JOB  as Clemson AD WAS TO HIRE a football coach who would WIN there.

Do you honestly think he thought that was his only job?  And that Jeff long doesn't think it's part of his?

Be serious.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

GuvHog

I believe Terry Don believed hiring winning HC's was one of the main parts of his job. He obviously put a lot more emphasis on winning than Long does.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LJHOG

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 06, 2017, 02:39:26 pm
That's what simple minded fans care about, but it isn't an accurate judge on if someone is a good AD or not.
If you play in the Pac 10 or ACC it's great.  But, we play in the SEC and football is our religion.

elviscat

Jeff Long, will never produce a winner at Arkansas, it's not part of DNA. He is numbers man and it's all about the money and keeping the big dogs happy. He doesn't understand the Arkansas legacy that Broyles help produce and he gets nothing about the loyalty of the program. He has done everything within his power to distant himself, he doesn't want people like Chuck Dicus or other great giving their input into the situation. It's time to dance or move on. Texas or any other school would be a better fit for JL.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: elviscat on January 17, 2017, 04:40:18 pm
Jeff Long, will never produce a winner at Arkansas, it's not part of DNA. He is numbers man and it's all about the money and keeping the big dogs happy. He doesn't understand the Arkansas legacy that Broyles help produce and he gets nothing about the loyalty of the program. He has done everything within his power to distant himself, he doesn't want people like Chuck Dicus or other great giving their input into the situation. It's time to dance or move on. Texas or any other school would be a better fit for JL.

Agreed, any other school would be a better fit for Long
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU