Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thirsty Thursday @ Oaklawn

Started by mckinneyhog5, March 30, 2017, 01:25:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Am off today so I figured WTH..

1st race- disappointed in the jockey change on the 4 but still think he's the winner. Was going heavy on him before that change. Backing down and adding a DD
25 WP 4
20 DD 2,4/2
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

userpick

My big plays of the day.

Race 6- #2 Dutch Parrot

Race 7- #3 Cloudy River

Will definitely play pick 3s and pick 4s with these as singles as well as win bets.

mckinneyhog5

I'm with you on Dutch Parrot..scratched out of last race and think they got things going his way.

In the third I'm going rail and the 1 Night Spree
20 wp
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Adding a .50 1,2,3,4 tri box

Edit: also adding a. 50 1,2,4,5 tri box

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 30, 2017, 02:21:21 pm
I'm with you on Dutch Parrot..scratched out of last race and think they got things going his way.

In the third I'm going rail and the 1 Night Spree
20 wp
Boom +630

mckinneyhog5

6 unyielding Storm 20 WP also 10 5/8 ex bx

mckinneyhog5

Heat my Dust in the 5th...thank me later! Lol

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 30, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
Heat my Dust in the 5th...thank me later! Lol
playing it with the 12..hopefully Santana on the outside will give him enough room to not foul.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 30, 2017, 03:05:41 pm
playing it with the 12..hopefully Santana on the outside will give him enough room to not foul.
Thought we were gonna cash that race..speed is not favoring today.

mckinneyhog5

6th race last one for me today...
Going with a 1/2 20 ex box.
GL to anyone else playing today.

userpick

Nice call on that 1. I hit a big pick 3 in races 4-6. Need the 3 horse here in race 7.

cbhawg03

$0.50 Pick-4   2, WT, 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 14, WT, 3, 5, WT, 2, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12   none   $36.00   
$273.85
+ $237.85

If userpick would have told me to single the 3 in the finale then would have had a $6 ticket.  He's a good guy that he go to funeral, if available but won't share singles with me lol

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on March 30, 2017, 04:04:00 pm
Nice call on that 1. I hit a big pick 3 in races 4-6. Need the 3 horse here in race 7.
Thanks! I'm usually good good for one LS a day..it's hard to come up with two though but I'll keep trying. Wish Oaklawn had rolling DDs and not just the first and last two races of the day. If I hit one it's more then likely the late DD.

holeinthewall

Quote from: cbhawg03 on March 30, 2017, 08:44:53 pm
$0.50 Pick-4   2, WT, 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 14, WT, 3, 5, WT, 2, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12   none   $36.00   
$273.85
+ $237.85

If userpick would have told me to single the 3 in the finale then would have had a $6 ticket.  He's a good guy that he go to funeral, if available but won't share singles with me lol

Two short priced favorites and it still paid nice. 

Dropkick

How about today? Give us a winner or two.

userpick

Race 7 #3. Corinthians Glory. Another terrible morning line set by Oaklawn. Add that to the list of things we suck at. There's no way in hell this horse is anything over 5-1 and will probably be between 5-2 and 7-2. But she's 12/1 morning line so maybe we can get some value on her in the multi race wagers.

Dropkick

The Hogfather

userpick

Quote from: Dropkick on March 31, 2017, 12:03:20 pm
Thank you sir!

Don't thank me yet. Lol.

My favorite play of the day is #11 race 9. Hopefully get some decent odds on this one.

mckinneyhog5

I like the 4 Go Vo in the third...what I don't like is that stupid banner that pops up on the bottom of my screen.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on March 31, 2017, 11:48:57 am
Race 7 #3. Corinthians Glory. Another terrible morning line set by Oaklawn. Add that to the list of things we suck at. There's no way in hell this horse is anything over 5-1 and will probably be between 5-2 and 7-2. But she's 12/1 morning line so maybe we can get some value on her in the multi race wagers.
There was no way the 3 in the first should've had a ML of 12-1 either. Completely ridiculous.

mckinneyhog5

Look as if the rail is dead..it also seems De La Cruz just figured that out. I'd watch out for him on a horse with odds. I know that sounds like a crazy angle but it's worked before.

mckinneyhog5

Sorry got busy..anyway 7th race play a 20 2/3 ex box. GL!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 31, 2017, 04:17:45 pm
Sorry got busy..anyway 7th race play a 20 2/3 ex box. GL!
Ended adding a $2 1,2,3 ex box saver. Actually made a little back..

I thought Cruz would stick Ameican Holiday on the rail and bury him..it worked out half way.

userpick

Well that 7 year old mare ran like ass. Luckily didn't waste much money at that price

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on March 31, 2017, 04:24:36 pm
Well that 7 year old mare ran like ass. Luckily didn't waste much money at that price
Ain't what she used to be...

mckinneyhog5

mckinneyhog5

Why would you enter a horse in the RainbowMiss who has ran as bad as All To Stormy unless you think you had a chance to hit the board?  Finished 10th and 11th in its only two races. Horse should be fresh as it hasn't run a lick in its only two starts. Works are steady and Martin is doing ok today. Wish we had Cruz up but he's on the 1. I'll go 1,3,6 ex box and mix some DDs in with those three.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 31, 2017, 04:39:53 pm
Why would you enter a horse in the RainbowMiss who has ran as bad as All To Stormy unless you think you had a chance to hit the board?  Finished 10th and 11th in its only two races. Horse should be fresh as it hasn't run a lick in its only two starts. Works are steady and Martin is doing ok today. Wish we had Cruz up but he's on the 1. I'll go 1,3,6 ex box and mix some DDs in with those three.
Actually William not Timothy has had a good day today.